You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

QQ facing 2 raises

I was watching some guys video on poker tube, he was playing 50nl and had got dealt QQ in the BB. All of the players on the table except 1 were tags/maybe even rocks.
Effective stacks 100BB ($50)

UTG (tag/rock) raises to $1.75

CO (tag/rock) 3 bets to $6

BB ???

What do you do here with the ladies?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    I nail both of those ladies.
  • edited April 2010
    I just shove and close my eyes.
  • edited April 2010
    i would call and see what the flop brings. no ace or king and put in a decent bet.
  • edited April 2010
  • edited April 2010
    i hope he shows the part where he gets it in w/ jacks pre against me and sucks out for a 135$pot
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: QQ facing 2 raises:
    raise $24
    Posted by diablo_pez
    Im assuming your calling a shove here right?
  • edited April 2010
    i hope he shows the part where he gets it in w/ jacks pre against me and sucks out for a 135$pot
    Posted by zing
    you played against: 'PlayingABC'???
  • edited April 2010
    I nail both of those ladies.
    Posted by Strat91
    ... if you wasn't gay.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: QQ facing 2 raises : Im assuming your calling a shove here right?
    Posted by Strat91
    right
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: QQ facing 2 raises : ... if you wasn't gay.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Reported..
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: QQ facing 2 raises : right
    Posted by diablo_pez
    But what if UTG shoves and other guy calls. then your QQ dont look too pretty but youve already invested half your stack. now what?
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: QQ facing 2 raises : But what if UTG shoves and other guy calls. then your QQ dont look too pretty but youve already invested half your stack. now what?
    Posted by Strat91
    call and go get another beer
  • edited May 2010

CALL THE SIX AND IF UTG RE-RAISES AND THEN SO CO THEN I FOLD

• edited May 2010
    I wasn't sure between call and fold.

A fold is very tight but if you don't like the situation you are in, get out of it, you WILL get pocket Queens in better spots in the future so you can let this one go.

A call lets you see the UTG's next move for $5.50 and you can act based upon that, if he has Kings or Aces, he will more than likely be raising it up. There aren't many/any hands worse than QQ that re-re-raises into 2 players there so you can be pretty certain you are behind. If he flat calls, you see a flop and make your next decisions based on that.
    The only concern is the CO, the majority of the time the action will be checked round to him on the flop, his C-bet would be around $10-12 meaning any raise would commit you, you also have the player behind still to act. Calling isn't an option here though, you still have a hand to protect, it's an awkward situation.

I voted call, although a fold is never a wrong answer here.
  • edited May 2010
    Based on the tag description of the players UTG is more likely to fold than to raise. CO's range we can assume is JJ+ AK. QQ has 47% equity against this range. That plus being out of position i guess could be an argument for folding.

How do we play this post flop if we call pre? Stack off if there is no A or K? Donk bet flop and fold to a raise? Check fold if there is an over card?

Can we 4 bet here? and if do is it a 4 bet to get it in or 4 bet and fold to a shove? what if you 4 bet and get called? how do we play this post flop if an A or K flops? Can we really put in $20 and then fold?

What about 4 bet shoving all in? Takes out the problem of any post flop play. But to go from $6 to $50 all in... thats a massive over bet.

More oppinions please!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: QQ facing 2 raises : you played against: 'PlayingABC'???
    Posted by BlackFish3

indeed i leveled him for his stack if you check his ptr

this is a fold at 50nl on fulltilt given how nitty regs are when 3betting UTGs unless you have stats/reads on these specific guys not being robots generally.

why would you risk 100bb on at best a flip and more likely being dominated when you have nothing invested in the pot by cold 4bet/calling? there is much easier/better spots to get money in. 

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: QQ facing 2 raises : indeed i leveled him for his stack if you check his ptr this is a fold at 50nl on fulltilt given how nitty regs are when 3betting UTGs unless you have stats/reads on these specific guys not being robots generally. why would you risk 100bb on at best a flip and more likely being dominated when you have nothing invested in the pot by cold 4bet/calling? there is much easier/better spots to get money in. 
    Posted by zing
    Whats your full tilt name?