You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WHATS THE ODDS?

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat

ME AGAIN JUST BEEN PLAYING DEEPSTACK MTT. 2.5HRS IN I GET THIS HAND JH 9H.
FLOP 9C 6D 9D TURN 8D RIVER JS. AFTER RAISES AND RERAISES AFTER RIVER I GET ALL MY CHIPS IN AGAINST CHIP LEADER DECIDE WHICH OF MY VICTORY DANCES TO DO!!
WHEN MY OPPONENT TURNS OVER 7D 10D.
I KNOW I POSSIBLY SHOULD MAYBE HAVE PUSHED EARLIER BUT THE GUY HAS 4 TIMES MY STACK AND WOULD PROBABLY CALLED AS IM 4 OF 4 AND GETTING ME OUT GUARNTEES HIM A MONEY FINISH.
SO BACK TO MY ORRIGINAL QUESTIONS CAN ANY OF YOU CLEVER PEOPLE TELL ME THE ODDS TO 1 OF HIM HITTING THE ONLY2 CARDS IN THE PACK TO BEAT ME?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Only read your post once but I think you`re saying after the flop he had to hit to specific cards to beat you?

If so he needs one of 2 out of 47 cards on the turn. Roughly 24/1

Then 1 out of 46 cards on the river. 45/1.

24 x 45 = 1080/1.

Bad beat.
  • edited July 2009

Hi BADBOY,

If I understand you properly, your Opponent never needed to hit two Cards - he only needed 1 card, (the 8d) with 2 Cards to come. In fact, he Turned it with a Card to spare, but that's irrelevant. 

At that stage, you were well behind (drawing dead, in fact) & it was a little unlucky that you Rivered your House, which led you to think your hand was good. It was a "cooler".

He had a LOT of Outs on that Flop - he had all the Flush Outs, Straight Outs, & Straight Flush Out, too.

Still, you were a little unlucky, but that's the sheer beauty of the game, as it works equally both for & against us.
  • edited July 2009

PS - Badboy, I just checked - you were "only" a 2/1 favourite on that Flop. (65.86% v 34.14%). 2/1 is big, but not huge, by any means.
  • edited July 2009

Apologies, if I didn`t bother reading your post properly. Thought you were saying he needed runner,runner not 1 out on the turn OR river.

Stick with listening to Tony, he`s been playing a lot longer than me.

I only started in the late 50`s.

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: WHATS THE ODDS?:
    Only read your post once but I think you`re saying after the flop he had to hit to specific cards to beat you? If so he needs one of 2 out of 47 cards on the turn. Roughly 24/1 Then 1 out of 46 cards on the river. 45/1. 24 x 45 = 1080/1. Bad beat.
    Posted by STEPHEN66
    Yes, he said that, but it's incorrect - he said "after the Flop", when in fact, he never hit his House until the River, by which time he was already drawing dead.

To beat the (yet-to-be Rivered) House, he had 1 Out, with 2 Cards to come, = 4%, or 25/1. BUT, at that stage, Post-Flop, Pre-Turn, ANY Flushing or straighting (Minus the Boat Outs) out would be good. That's a wholly different thing!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: WHATS THE ODDS?:
    Apologies, if I didn`t bother reading your post properly. Thought you were saying he needed runner,runner not 1 out on the turn OR river. Stick with listening to Tony, he`s been playing a lot longer than me. I only started in the late 50`s.
    Posted by STEPHEN66
    Sigh, behave you.....
  • edited July 2009
    SORRY SHOULD HAVE SAID HOLDING NOT HITTING THE 2 CARDS.
    MANY THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE REPLIED TO BOTH MY POSTS TODAY.
    IVE ONLY BEEN PLAYING 3 YEARS AND IVE LEARNED MORE I COUPLE OF WEEKS IN THIS COMUNITY THAN IN PREVIOUS 3 YEARS.
    IM NOT A GREAT LOVER OF READING BOOKS, THE LAST ON I READ WAS NO HELP AT ALL, THAT JANET AND JOHN KNOW CHUFF ALL ABOUT POKER!!