You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sharkscope Help

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi all. Have only recentley joined Sky and i keep seeing people mention sharkscope in the forum. I'm not sure, but ithink this is a graph that measures your progress. Can anyone tell me how to find it, or even if i have one. Would be very grateful for any help. Cheers Mike.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Sharkscope Help:
    Hi all. Have only recentley joined Sky and i keep seeing people mention sharkscope in the forum. I'm not sure, but ithink this is a graph that measures your progress. Can anyone tell me how to find it, or even if i have one. Would be very grateful for any help. Cheers Mike.
    Posted by fingers615
    www.sharkscope.com 5 free searches a day pal, click on sky poker thn the players alias u want 2 search and away u go
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Sharkscope Help:
    Posted by fingers615
    www.sharkscope.com it is very helpful to not only keep track of your own progress but get an idea of the players on the table with you. It shows amount of games played, average stake, average profit, total profit etc etc... you get 5 free searches a day unless you sign up
  • edited July 2009
  • edited July 2009
    Not very accurrate tho, It seems to never track my winnings.

It would be cool if Sky would itrodeuce there own version of this, The stats Sky show on T.V. are awsome.
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks everyone. very helpfull and much appreciated. seems like there's a nice little community on here. Glad i joined now. Thanks again
  • edited July 2009
    i prefer to search sit n go stats only - so stats aren't distorted by one or two big wins...
  • edited July 2009
    Also you get more options if you pay
  • edited July 2009
    Its a very usful tool to check the bad players and the good. I find it very helpfull to see how my progress is whether it be bad or good and that way can adjust which games i play. Its definately worth upgrading to if you play quite often and although the main application you get if you upgrade is not supported with sky you still can check out sky players through there website. If you use other sites you can customise other players stats to actualy show up on the table which saves you time as players come up automaticaly. Its all explained very well with tutorial videos on the site. gl with it :)
  • edited July 2009

Hi Fingers,

Most of the Sharkscope answers have been covered by the previous replies. I hope it helps.

It is fair to say that to get the best use of Sharkscope, you need to subscribe. Subscription packages vary, but the cheapest package gives you 200 searches for $10. ($'s, not £'s).

Sharkscope covers MTT's & SNG's, but not Cash play. You can, if you wish, opt out from having your Stats recorded, meaning you would be statistically invisible to those doing Searches on you.

One word of warning, though. I often see in the Chat-Boxes abuse of players based upon their Sharkscope stats. This is frowned upon, it's "not done", & indeed Sharkscope say this in their T & C's.....

Use of data from site to abuse other players is unacceptable. We will refuse to accept new subscription requests from persons reported doing this. Current subscribers guilty of abusive use of the statistics may have their subscriptions immediately terminated with no refund, at our discretion. Any player found to be using the statistics within this database to abuse other players will also forfeit their option to a block of their own data.

Take care now.
  • edited July 2009

Tikay, I'd like to take this opportunity to return the compliment you once paid me and declare your last contibution "post of the day".  You make a fantastic point in noting that sharkscope has on occasion been used as a source of information for insulting fellow players in the chat box.  I have also seen it used in this manner and it does leave a bad taste in the mouth.  Thanks for highlighting the issue.
  • edited July 2009
    Totally agree, and also if you do know a player isn't very good wouldn't it be more useful and profitable to say nothing and just keep playing him and winning his money.
  • edited July 2009
    I have seen players use sharkscope to abuse others, and I have to say that they look like complete idiots when doing so.

It looks really bad when people do that. Really bad.
  • edited July 2009

Thanks BustyBoy, Dudeskin8, & Michael900.

The players who abuse others via Sharkscope Stats would never so so "Live", only when hiding behind their Internet Keyboards. It's despicable behaviour by morally bankrupt individuals.

I would like to think, also - though I don't know - that Sky Poker would deem it as an unacceptable &/or inappropriate use of the Chat Facuility, which may lead to a Chat-Ban.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope Help:
    Not very accurrate tho, It seems to never track my winnings. It would be cool if Sky would itrodeuce there own version of this, The stats Sky show on T.V. are awsome.
    Posted by SolidStan1

agree with you there m8 i think we should be able to see how we are doing on sky at the moment only way is to win a featured tourney so ? to sky suits is it in the pipeline

be lucky m8