You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Railing Penguin, Dan and the crew at Vegas

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
All the best to the guys, but how can we cheer them on from Blighty?

Is Sky Poker going to have TV coverage of the tables our boys are at?

Comments

• edited May 2010
    I'll volunteer to rail them live.(just need Sky to book my flights and pay for the hotel)
  • edited May 2010

Is the world series shown on TV anywhere?

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Railing Penguin, Dan and the crew at Vegas:
    Is the world series shown on TV anywhere?
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Poker tube after it has finished.
    Not sure about live.
  • edited May 2010
    All the brilliant ESPN coverage gets uploaded to Youtube after broadcast. I don't think it gets shown on the ESPN channels available on Sky.

Here's a sample from 2009, watch this and imagine how awesome it would be seeing Dan or one of the other Sky players involved this year; 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG8VoqWVRKU&playnext_from=TL&videos=-snseNHYTJU
  • edited May 2010

Hi BigBluster,

There will be a LOT of coverage of all the Sky Poker players who are in the WSOP Main Event via the Viva Las Vegas route, & indeed any other Sky Poker regulars who play the WSOP Biggie.

We will.......

1) Do Interviews to camera with our players every morning before they play, a few shots of them at ther Tables, in action (see footnote), and "end-of-day" (or bust-out) Interviews after play finishes for the day. These will all be uploaded to Sky Poker.com & also to our You Tube Channel.

2) There will be a daily, start to finish, real-time Live Interactive Update via the Forum. So the news will come through as it happens, & Community Members can ask questions & cheer on the players via the Live Update, which will include lots of photographs of our players, & the big names, too.

3) There will be a daly Blog, including photos, via the "Sky Poker Official Blog".

4) There will be tweets on my Twitter Page in real-time, from tableside. You need to sign up to follow my Twitter page (it's free). My Twitter page addy is http://twitter.com/Tony_Kendall

Please sign up now if you want these real-time, err, "tweets".

5) On Live TV Show nights (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday) there will be 'phone-ins to the Live Show, assuming the Show Producers approve.

And lots, lots, more. Roll on Vegas!

Footnote. TV Camera footage of our players at the Table. This is strictly controlled by Harrahs & ESPN, & we are only permitted 5 minutes per day in the Cardrooms. But we will use every second of that 5 minutes. And if we can get cooey-wooey with our "minders" (Harrahs send a "minder" in with us to time us!) maybe a little longer.

If you have any fuurther WSOP Vegas related questions as to coverage, fire away, & I'll reply.
  • edited May 2010

By the way, there will also be a Live Interactive Forum Update, photographs, & real-time tweets, of Dan Brown when he plays the £1,000 GUKPT at Coventry on May 21-23 as part of his TP Prize, so if you want to follow them, sign up to my Twitter pager (address as above) now.

I believe there will also be a TV Crew following Dan at the Coventry GUKPT, too, & footage will go on the Channel, but for technical reasons, I would not imagine it will go up on You Tube or 865 for a few days at least.