You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky.com free roll

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
prize pool for NEW members is 1k!! so far 17 entrys.......nice one sky thatnks for the £20 free roll that long standing players get. Im thinking bout opening new account in the next few mins just to play this top prize at the mo 300£ top prize for long standing mebers £5 hahaha a ROYAL JOKE

Comments

• ckdckd
    edited May 2010

JUST SEEN IT NOW UNREAL VALUE THERE 18 RUNERS 6 GET PAID

MAKES ARE £20  50 GET PAID LOOK A BIT WORTHLESS LOL
  • edited May 2010
    remember to register via a Sky.com banner
  • edited May 2010
    I guess they expected a load more people to join up...
  • edited May 2010
    what a fantastically successful promotion, 19 whole new members for only 1000 quid--brilliant!!!

6 of them might stay for a while too--thats good innit?
  • edited May 2010
    lol... epic fail?
  • edited May 2010
    bit unfair how newbs get offers like this and we long standers get didly squat :( absolute shambles and discrace
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky.com free roll:
    bit unfair how newbs get offers and we long standers get didly squat :(
    Posted by Dazler
    yeah innit glad it backfired majorly lol
  • edited May 2010
    lets go and rail them for the craic---saying you lucky lucky persons of ill repute that are of dubious parentage
  • edited May 2010
    jeez--half of them are away too--what a flopwit stupid palava
  • edited May 2010
    SICK I TELL THEE SICK PLLLLLLAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
  • edited May 2010
    What a waste of our rake.

If this offer brought a few hundred new/fishy players to the site then fair enough, but there are only 20 runners in this tourney, and I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them are existing players who've opened an account in a friend or relatives name.
  • edited May 2010
    I just looked up one of them on sharkscope and he's already played 641 games---whats that all about???
  • edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010
    I just looked up one of them on sharkscope and he's already played 641 games---whats that all about???
    Posted by oynutter
    God wish i knew the password, some ppl get all the luck
  • edited May 2010
    Posted by oynutter
    he could have signed up via a Sky.com banner a couple of months ago.

i always find it funny how people get so wound up about freerolls.  there are so many people who have built up a sizeable roll from just £5/10.  get better at  poker and do the same then you would be able to enter any tournie you want rather than looking  at some one off freeroll with envy.
  • edited May 2010
    I've only played 422 ............. I was robbed !
  • edited May 2010
    sky,your gonna have to stop doing these freerolls i mean people do nowt but moan.
    dont you think sky give enough out with all the free comps and wot not,good luck to them  i,ve had plenty of free stuff of sky
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky.com free roll : he could have signed up via a Sky.com banner a couple of months ago. i always find it funny how people get so wound up about freerolls.  there are so many people who have built up a sizeable roll from just £5/10.  get better at  poker and do the same then you would be able to enter any tournie you want rather than looking  at some one off freeroll with envy.
    Posted by scotty77
    its not about the freeroll

its about loyalty

and not everyone can sit at high stakes tables like u

for the fish, freerolls are what keep them in the game
  • edited May 2010
    Its the principle of it. Its ok attractring new customers somehow but it would be nice to get something back for the loyalty by players that stay and contribute to forums ect. and just cos it says freeroll on the tin dosnt mean i dont want a part of it but as for loyal customers theres nothing. New players already get bigger bonus's what do we have? And yes we keep moaning about it cos other sites offer this and we feel we would like somthing for staying! and if we stay shtum then nothing will happen!
  • edited May 2010
    sky,your gonna have to stop doing these freerolls i mean people do nowt but moan. dont you think sky give enough out with all the free comps and wot not,good luck to them  i,ve had plenty of free stuff of sky
    Posted by stokefc
    Can never say no to more free stuff though... Sky aren't a friend we feel bad for keep borrowing stuff from. Sky are a business and we make them money. So we should always strive to get more free stuff surely?
  • edited May 2010
    You may find that its sky,com that are paying the prize fund not sky poker, but anyways, good luck to them, jealousy is a rotten thing.
  • edited May 2010
    For me, im just jealous i didnt get to take part in this freeroll lol. It would be a large prize pool for me and would of been great playing in such a small field. Oh well, lucky guys!
  • edited May 2010
    1000 quid for 20 fluppin players, nearly half of whom were away is what we are moaning about scotty--I don't give a flup about freerolls, they are all poo anyway, if it attacted a few hundred new players, then great stuff-- But this is flopwit stupid innit?
  • edited May 2010
    You may find that its sky,com that are paying the prize fund not sky poker, but anyways, good luck to them, jealousy is a rotten thing.
    Posted by loonytoons
    surely not? Im jealous they got to take part... I dont really see how that is rotten. I dont feel any negative feelings towards them for having a place in the freeroll, i am just jealous that they did, jealous as in they had a nice opportunity that i would also of liked.
  • edited May 2010

well my opinion on this for what its worth is :

skypoker made a mistake but dont we all make mistakes ,

all you guys/gals that posted on here want this poker site to grow.

i believe you guys/gals should use your energy in getting sky bernie to try

what oynutter suggested .

you will find his suggestion in :

community suggestion section in forum ,

thread name :

idea to get players to stay with skypoker

and after all this is what all us guys/gals that love skypoker want right ?

• edited May 2010
    without looking at the link, im guessing it involves nudity
  • edited May 2010
    Mr White how am I 'high stakes' player.  usually im grinding out 50/100nl with occasional shots at 200nl plus....in fact we have played together at 30nl in the last week. i remember than hand quite well actually lol.
  • edited May 2010
    I don't think we can really complain too much that SkyPoker doesn't look after us, as players.

We've just had 5 weeks of TKO (the 3rd series), with prizepools of £500 per week - £800, even, one week. Plus another grand will be chucked in for the "Winners Freeroll".

Next up, we've got the "Team Poker" challanges.

Super6 freeroll every week.

Plus, regular free satellites to the big games, a couple of times a day.

Finally, the £20 games all add up to a decent sum over the year.

So, whilst there's been an lot of moaning and whinging from certain "freeroll merchants" on this thread, I think we ought to take a step back and realise we're actually treated pretty well.
  • edited May 2010
    Yes, I agree, we are treated well overall. A lot of the rake paid by loyal players is given back in the ways described by Springs.

But nobody can deny that this particular £1000 was squandered.
  • edited May 2010
    Yes, I agree, we are treated well overall. A lot of the rake paid by loyal players is given back in the ways described by Springs. But nobody can deny that this particular £1000 was squandered.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    I bet the winner would deny it lool!!