You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MASTERCASH- Tonight's Live Show on Channel 865

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

Yes, tune in at 8pm on Channel 865 OR click on 'Today On Sky Poker' on the homepage of this site and then click on the TV monitor for a live stream of the show.

Because tonight- it's a 3 hour Mastercash show!

We're featuring your play this evening from the Mastercash tables, so make sure you're on them soon if you want to be on the box.

As ever, we're encouraging your emails to
skyopen@bsklyb.com or your messages posted on this very thread.

All the usual banter and poker stuff of course please, but additionally- tonight's special question, as provided by Trevor Harris, is...

Have you ever had an encounter with a famous person?

The funnier or more embarrassing the better!

Looking forward to tonight's show- hope you can join me!

Comments

• edited May 2010
    What levels are being shown 2nite rich m8?
  • edited May 2010
    I've been in the bushes with Stan Boardman where we spent five minutes trying to locate each other's balls. I managed to get mine out backhanded but we never found Stan's.

It was at Royal Liverpool Golf Club a few years ago in a Pro/Am/Celeb do.

• edited May 2010
    I accidentally pushed a door into Bill Odie for two Boxing Days in a row.  The first was at a Film Memorabilia shop near Tottenham Court Road, the second a year later was at Walthamstow Dog Track, after which I ran away muttering 'Not again.'  I couldn't find him the third year...
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to MASTERCASH- Tonight's Live Show on Channel 865:
    Hi all, Yes, tune in at 8pm on Channel 865 OR click on 'Today On Sky Poker' on the homepage of this site and then click on the TV monitor for a live stream of the show. Because tonight- it's a 3 hour Mastercash show! We're featuring your play this evening from the Mastercash tables, so make sure you're on them soon if you want to be on the box. As ever, we're encouraging your emails to skyopen@bsklyb.com or your messages posted on this very thread. All the usual banter and poker stuff of course please, but additionally- tonight's special question, as provided by Trevor Harris, is... Have you ever had an encounter with a famous person? The funnier or more embarrassing the better! Looking forward to tonight's show- hope you can join me!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Once bumped into EMERSON, the Brazilian midfielder formerly of Middlesbro. He was in a Record Store in Darlington (our price) with his heavies browsing for CD`s. When he picked a CD up then promptly dropped it, I said to him "just as well you ain't a goalie mate". Fair play to him though, he did see the funny side.
  • edited May 2010
    I met Kitty Lea once.
  • edited May 2010
    I had to tell Reggie Kray I couldnt talk to him because I was desperate for the loo. And that he needed to wait for me. 

He had to wait a while whislt the sniffer dogs cheked me out!
  • edited May 2010
    hi rich-- Just wondering if Tikay is ok--He seems to have dissapeared?
  • edited May 2010
    Hi rich, good luck with the show tonight.

and it must be hard working with Trevor whilst Tikay gets the lovely Sarah Champion.

But at least you've got a real poker expert analyst working with you tonight instead of a shocking escapee from the pensioner-loony-bin asylum.

if you get a chance can you please show hand 255110875
     from friday evenings vegas quarter-final?? It was getting closer to the final table

Would be interested to hear the expert views on it,

ps i did eventually manage to qualify from this qrtr-final

thanks in advance

JagerBOMB!!!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: MASTERCASH- Tonight's Live Show on Channel 865:
    hi rich-- Just wondering if Tikay is ok--He seems to have dissapeared?
    Posted by oynutter
    Apparently he's on a barge with a big smile on his face.
  • edited May 2010
    i once accidentaly spilt a drink over fabian  Barthez the old man utd keeper in a restaurant in paris luckily he was fine about it and signed a autograph lol 
  • edited May 2010
    I had an encounter with Charlie drake!(famous comedian of old)--- I was about 10 years old and my parents left me and my brothers in the car while they went shopping---Just for a laugh we started asking passer bys for thier autograph, charlie Drake was well pleased and thought that we knew who he was, we had no clue at all who he was, we just asked him for a laugh-- He said "how did you recognize me"--and I said I did'nt recognize you, then he said "would you recognize me if I said HELLO MY DARLINGS"?-- Then he started singing a song about chewing gum on the bed post overnight---Then he gave us his autogragh, and I told him we still had no clue who he was and was asking everyone that went past for thier autograph--Peed him right off--He walked off muttering something under his breath--lol
  • edited May 2010
    I used to work on a army site behind a bar, Which during the day it sold solft drinks. paninis Chocolate,crisp and coffee. and all your usual stuff, and at night it was a drinking bar for the army lads. I used to work during the day, and then some body would take over to do the evening shift.

Well one day a group of lads came in and i was bent over, filling drinks fridge up. My friend who was sat at the bar said, "oi Shaun" i said "what" and she noded her head towards the lads who were waiting to get served at the bar. So i served them and then they went, Not untill after they had gone my friend said, "Do you not realise who you just served" i said no. She said that was prince william. haha i dint even know it was him and i was bent over  with him waiting to get served :P
  • edited May 2010

I was at Stoke railway station once and had just brought a coffee from the outdoor bit from the cafe. Someone knocked me as I turned around and I spilt hot coffee (or hot topic as you lot say down there) all down me. After I called someone a buffoon (or words to that effect), I looked up to see Frank Bruno standing there!!!!

I quickly apologised for having my arm in the way and jumped on my train. Hot liquid was still running down my leg as I sat down for some reason.
  • edited May 2010
    I met the tennis player chris evert in bar in Cambridge-- started chatting her up--That was embarrasing, but not funny
  • edited May 2010
    when i was younger i was playing tennis and sliced the ball wildly attempting a massive back hand, the ball hit the man on the next court straight in the face giving him an almost instant black eye. The man in question was the comic genius Leonard Rossiter, unfortunately i cant repeat what he said to me here, but he wasnt at all happy as he was due on set somewhere later that day.
  • edited May 2010
    I once head-butted Elton Welsby

the pratttt :)
  • edited May 2010
    I once met Micky Hazard.
  • edited May 2010
    Emerson WAS the lazy one with the hair Rich. lol

• edited May 2010
    I once met Spencer Oliver.
  • edited May 2010
    I once met John Mccririck.
  • edited May 2010
    I was in a pub in Putney having a nice drink with a mate once, when I noticed that bloke that knows about drinks, Oz Clarke.  I pointed him out to my mate who then proceeded to shout down the bar "AWRIGHT OZ!!!".  I can only think that Oz Clarke is a bit touchy and must have somehow taken offence to this, as we were then told by the manager to leave.  Just for that!  I don't know, these yuppie-sorts...
  • edited May 2010
    I once met Johnny Nelson.
  • edited May 2010
    Hi rich and Trev

Fmous people I have ecountered are Barry White, Nena, The Barron Knights and have given directions to the then worlds strongets man Geoff Capes.
  • edited May 2010
    my wife answered the door it was peter o'tool

she told me it was some old guy

lol i directed him to his destination

sara36dd
  • edited May 2010
    Nothing interesting happened.
  • edited May 2010
    Hi again

Does Trevor know who is the oldest Football Club ?
  • edited May 2010

Hand History #255416657 (21:37 01/05/2010)
    On DTW's table....

Can u show the hand plz....

And ask Trevor....

"should he be making this call on the river? This happens to me alot even at higher levels, up to nl100, but surely to make this call, he MUST put me on the same draw he has just missed..."

Thanx, DOHH
  • edited May 2010
    Richard, I gave directions to Geoff Capes sigh
  • edited May 2010
    Hand to show on tonihts show!
    Hand Ref = 255089879

One of the biggest pots i've won, no one could really get way from the hand... i think it will make good viewing! Thanks.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to MASTERCASH- Tonight's Live Show on Channel 865:
    As ever, we're encouraging your emails to skyopen@bsklyb.com or...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Fail.