You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Dantb10 NEVER limps

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat

Dan, what do you do with hands that play better multi-way than heads-up? Stuff like 44 or 56 suited?
If I'm on the button with 44 after 5 callers in a deep scenario, I call. I'm aiming to take someone's entire stack.

We've crossed swords a few times and you're about a million times better at playing poker than I am, but never limping is a flaw in your game.

BB.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Dantb10 NEVER limps:
    Dan, what do you do with hands that play better multi-way than heads-up? Stuff like 44 or 56 suited? If I'm on the button with 44 after 5 callers in a deep scenario, I call. I'm aiming to take someone's entire stack. We've crossed swords a few times and you're about a million times better at playing poker than I am, but never limping is a flaw in your game. BB.
    Posted by BigBluster
    this is one of the reasons why he is a million times beter than you.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Dantb10 NEVER limps:
    In Response to Dantb10 NEVER limps : this is one of the reasons why he is a million times beter than you.
    Posted by freechips1
    lol +1
  • edited May 2010

I think Dan means he never open limps but i maybe wrong.
  • edited May 2010
    BUMP

For Dan to read
  • edited May 2010
    If im first into the pot i always come in for a raise.

I dont mind calling in position with pp's or suited connectors if i feel i can outplay my opponent post flop or i can stack them if i hit big.

but to call when your first into the pot achieves nothing and if some one raises and you call, you mite aswell have raised in the first place.

Limping into unraised pots in my opinion is almost always a weak & poor play.
  • edited May 2010
    i just have to bump this up as i think its so funny.  A player who wanted to take on all the high stakes regs thinks limping in is a major flaw in a players game.
    Bigbluster please tell me why limping in is good?
  • edited May 2010
    your right dan and freechips tottly agree with u two on this only time i think his a good move to limp in is if u got pocket aces utg and waiting for the raise so u can come over the top but its very risky play if u dont get a raise u got a full table going to the flop aces get crack
  • edited May 2010
    I was always told, and I have always practised never open limping.  However, I have watched gerard9 a few times and have noticed him open limping quite a few times.  I have never played against him but I am assuming he is an all round v good player