You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament tickets

I think this has been mentioned before, but is there any way when qualifying for a tourney through sats, you can be awarded a ticket for the next game rather than auto registered into it.

I and prob many others work shifts and planning 3 or 4 tourneys ahead to make sure I am available is not workable.  I would love to try to qualify for that £220 monthly but there is no point as if I could play the first one , I prob wouldnt be able to play the second etc.

Surely it would not be difficult to award a token for the next level.  It could even expire after 2 months or something.  Other sites do it.  It would enable me and probably others to play a lot more sats.

Thanks

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Excellent idea. I don't know why it can't be done. Had problems myself when shifts have changed and not been able to get to tournys I satt'd into. Heaven knows customer services were no help!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Tournament tickets:
    I think this has been mentioned before, but is there any way when qualifying for a tourney through sats, you can be awarded a ticket for the next game rather than auto registered into it. I and prob many others work shifts and planning 3 or 4 tourneys ahead to make sure I am available is not workable.  I would love to try to qualify for that £220 monthly but there is no point as if I could play the first one , I prob wouldnt be able to play the second etc. Surely it would not be difficult to award a token for the next level.  It could even expire after 2 months or something.  Other sites do it.  It would enable me and probably others to play a lot more sats. Thanks
    Posted by OMahonyO

Great idea.
  • edited May 2010
    This has been mentioned before, but nothing ever came of it, i think it great, and i also think you should be able to save them up to enter other bigger tournies, call them credit tournament entry tokens.
  • edited May 2010
    I have had to move tournies a couple of times before.  All it took was a email/call and they swapped it over for me.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Tournament tickets:
    I have had to move tournies a couple of times before.  All it took was a email/call and they swapped it over for me.
    Posted by scotty77
    don't know how you managed that mate. I tried to move satt entrys and got a curt "no transfers"
  • edited May 2010
    Hi there,

Thanks for your suggestion (i may move this over to the suggestions area of the forum)

I'll pass this thread on to the team fro their consideration.

just a quick note - this idea is pretty similar to another recent suggestion made by another community member.

I suspect the team's response will also be pretty similar. Here it is (for reference)

(....Your suggestion (as with all good, sensible suggestions) has been noted by the development team and will be discussed in future roadmap meetings.

As i'm sure you understand and can appreciate we can't really commit to or dismiss any suggestions outright but it will certainly be considered.

As always, more information/ announcements when i have the news...

...and of course, thank you very much for taking the time with this great suggestion)

all the best,

Rich