You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker is an amazing game.

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
Over the last few days, I don't think my game's been particularly different but I've found myself failing in 90% of races- everytime I pick up jacks, someone has queens. When I have AK, I get busted by 3's. With a straight to the 8, someone has a straight to the 9. I flop 2 pair, someone hits runner runner for a flush. All kinds of crazy beats, mostly no fault on either hand just a straight race, but some by some terrible calls with nothing. Then today, I get a nice early triple up on a BH tourney, played ok for a bit, lost another race or two, and ultimately ending up last out of a field of 12 remaining. Then within 10 hands I'm first in a field of 7, with 5 extra heads to my name.

KK against QQ, AK against AJ, 66 against 2 overs, strong flush against a weaker flush... every single time I had a big hand, someone else had one. Then with 3 players left, I had a dominating chip lead despite just doubling one of the guys up, and woke up with aces. To see both others push allin.

Some days the poker gods smile on you, and it's a great feeling. And it's days like that which make those horrible losing streaks seem a lot more bearable. From a 2.20 buyin I ended up winning 35, which is not too bad at all- would love to play tourneys at a higher level, but nothing like the bankroll required so it's the little tourneys for me ^^

Comments