You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonights Vegas Qualifier

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
Just checked the lobby and currently 14 runners.
Under prizes tab it only shows 1 package but no cash..... am sure that will change but what to?
Will it be the whole remainder goes to 2nd place...... or will those placed after the last package get 1k each until the surplus is spent?
IMHO it would be much better for losers to get 1k each in order to enter future qualifiers.  It also gives all involved a much better chance of earning a nice score from what was maybe a small layout.  At the moment, if only 14 are playing, there could be 1 package plus 4 x decent payouts (5 winners) instead of 1 package and 1 bigger payout (2 winners.)

Would be pleased to hear Skys comments and what will actually happen.

Cheers

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Tonights Vegas Qualifier:
    Just checked the lobby and currently 14 runners. Under prizes tab it only shows 1 package but no cash..... am sure that will change but what to? Will it be the whole remainder goes to 2nd place...... or will those placed after the last package get 1k each until the surplus is spent? IMHO it would be much better for losers to get 1k each in order to enter future qualifiers.  It also gives all involved a much better chance of earning a nice score from what was maybe a small layout.  At the moment, if only 14 are playing, there could be 1 package plus 4 x decent payouts (5 winners) instead of 1 package and 1 bigger payout (2 winners.) Would be pleased to hear Skys comments and what will actually happen. Cheers
    Posted by cottlad
    Hi Cottlad,

The prize structure has been updated now to reflect the full prizepool, currently with 14 runners it's 1st = Package, 2nd = £4000. I was actually updating it whilst you wrote this but thanks for pointing it out. (It was initially built that way to show one package guaranteed, even with less than 10 runners)

Obviously we are hoping to break 20 runners again, but if we don't then there will be a single big cash prize for 2nd. if there are more than 20 runners then 3rd will get a cash prize for the remainder.

Your suggestion for staggering the payouts is an interesting one, however it's simply not technically possible to configure it that way at the moment. Satellite tournaments must pay a seat to 1 in every X runners, with the left over prizepool being paid as cash.

Good luck to you and all tonight

Best Wishes

Adam
  • edited May 2010
    Makes me wanna take 2nd for 8k cash with current structure and 18 players.
    Would have been great to have 50% of the field taking at least 1k home with them and sitll having 1 person win the package.  Maybe something to think about next time. 
    GLA tonight :)
  • edited May 2010
    This happened last year with 2nd getting £9000, which is very nice, as for the reply about not being technically possible to configure prize structure the way you recommended cottlad, i think they are having a laugh. Say 19 runners, then give a £10000 package for winner, then 8 times £1000 to the next 8 players, or winner £10000 package, 2nd £5000, 3rd £2500, 4th £1500, my 10 year old could work that out lool, but then again, she is more technically minded than the sky technical team, she can do the rubics cube lool.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonights Vegas Qualifier:
    Makes me wanna take 2nd for 8k cash with current structure and 18 players. Would have been great to have 50% of the field taking at least 1k home with them and sitll having 1 person win the package.  Maybe something to think about next time.  GLA tonight :)
    Posted by cottlad
    i suggested this last year cottlad and was told it was not "how supersats work!" doubt they will change the payout structure but its harsh on 3rd!

gl later m8
  • edited May 2010
    1st £10000 package, 2nd £5000, 3rd £2500, 4th £1500, 
    That would be how i'd do it.....
    maybe we can all make a deal when 6 or so left?  Would sky be able to oversee?  i doubt it.  Anyways, best just win the thing to save any doubt :)

GL to whoever i meet HU ;)
  • edited May 2010
    This happened last year with 2nd getting £9000, which is very nice, as for the reply about not being technically possible to configure prize structure the way you recommended cottlad, i think they are having a laugh. Say 19 runners, then give a £10000 package for winner, then 8 times £1000 to the next 8 players, or winner £10000 package, 2nd £5000, 3rd £2500, 4th £1500, my 10 year old could work that out lool, but then again, she is more technically minded than the sky technical team, she can do the rubics cube lool.
    Posted by loonytoons
    Hi Loonytoons,

As I said in my reply to Cottlad, it's not currently possible to set up a satellite tournament on Sky Poker to pay out in the way suggested. The satellite payout is wholly dependant on the number of runners, which is not confirmed until the tournament starts, at which point the payout cannot then be changed. So yes If we knew there would be exactly 19 runners then we could configure a bespoke payout as you suggested, however since another player(s) could have bought in direct then this was not possible, as it would then not award the 2nd package.

The way it's set up is the industry norm for all super satellites as far as i am aware, but as I said it's a good suggestion and is the kind of point we'll consider in the future development of Sky Poker.

Good luck tonight everyone.

Adam