You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HOW DID I GET HERE?

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TABLES ARE DECIDED DURING MTTS
I HAVE NOTICED THAT DURING EARLY STAGES HOW I PLAY SEEMS TO DETERMINE WHEN AND WHERE I MOVE TO

1. IF TABLE IS QUIET EVERYONE UP OR DOWN COUPLE OF HUNDRED NOBODY MOVES.
2. IF IM GRINDING UP BY WINING SMALLISH POT MOVE FROM 1500 START TO 2500ISH IM PLUCKED UP AND PUT ON A TABLE WITH 5 OTHERS WITH SIMULAR STACKS.

WITH BOTH THESE EXAMPLES NO OWN HAS BEEN KNOCK OUT ON TABLE PREVIOUS TO MY MOVING.

I REALISE THERE MAY BE DIFFERENT ANSWERS FOR LIVE AND INTERNET TOURNIES

Comments

• edited July 2009
    m8 they move tables when players are knocked out to level it up,,thay normally sit players with similar stakes
  • edited July 2009

THANKS IVE NOT PLAYED LIVE MTTS, THINK I MAY HAVE READ TO MANY AREA 51 POSTS BEGIN TO READ CONSPIRICY INTO EVERYYHING!!! LOL

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: HOW DID I GET HERE?:
    m8 they move tables when players are knocked out to level it up,,thay normally sit players with similar stakes
    Posted by razorkev
    The stack sizes should have nothing to do with it.
  • edited July 2009
    Hi

During MTT,s, as you are aware, players get knocked out and depending on how many are left the tables get balanced to take this into account, usually in 5,s and 6,s, but not always possible, so 30 players left 5 tables 35 left 7 tables etc, it doesnt really matter what your chipstack size is I have been below average chips and ended on the chipleaders table as well as being on the small, medium stacks.

Hope this helps
  • edited July 2009
    No conspiricy taken
    Although the magic seat
    theory  is still up for a vote, Flash keeps getting the same one and going deep
    Ski had the seat yesterday and did well, then Norbit sat in it and was a big chip leader in no time at all

Wish i could sit there one time, though probably make no difference for Kev

LOL
  • edited July 2009
    It has or at least should have, more to do with position than stack size.

Infact stack size shouldn`t even be a factor.

A good TD will try to move someone from the same/similar position on the table to where the empty seat is on the new table.

Nobody wants to be on the button and suddenly end up back in the BB for example and it shouldn`t happen.

I suppose online this sort of stuff is programmed in and happens automatically?
  • edited July 2009

LOTS OF DIFFERING OPINIONS!
    ANY CHANCE OF A SKY BOD GIVING US THE ANSWER FOR THE SOFTWARE USED ON THIS SITE?

• edited July 2009

Hi BADBOY,

First of all, in Live Poker.......

The most common method of "Table Balancing" is that the incoming Player is seated in the WORST POSSIBLE SEAT. That would be the Big Blind, the next worse being UTG, & so on. 

In Online Poker.....

It's determined by software, but I don't really know how the actual Seat & Table is determined. Randomly, I would assume, as there is no reason or motive to do otherwise. Remember, the worst AVAILABLE Seat may in fact be the best Seat.

What I can tell you - 100%, & contrary to what someone Posted above - it is NOT - Ever, EVER, EVER, determined by Stack Sizes. Why would it be?

The Software Provider - in this case, Sky Poker - would always be entirely neutral in determining how the Seats are allocated in Table Balancing, as it makes no difference to Sky Poker whatsoever who wins or loses. They just want to make everything fair.

I really just wanted to nail that Post where someone said it's determined by Stack Sizes. These things get into folk-lore very quickly, hence I feel it needed to be laid to rest. I really have no idea where they get these notions from!
  • edited July 2009
    THANKS TIKAY
    NICE TO KNOW ITS RANDOM DIDNT KNOW THE BIT ABOUT GETTING THE WORSE SEAT THIS WILL STOP ME MOANING AT  THE MY MISSUS  EVERYTIME I CHANGE TABLES LOL
  • edited July 2009
    THANKS TIKAY NICE TO KNOW ITS RANDOM DIDNT KNOW THE BIT ABOUT GETTING THE WORSE SEAT THIS WILL STOP ME MOANING AT  THE MY MISSUS  EVERYTIME I CHANGE TABLES LOL
    Posted by BADBOY985
    You are very welcome mate.
  • edited July 2009
    hi guys ,ive got no problem with table balancing as such,but ive just finished playing velocity,and not for the 1st time ,ive ended up being moved 3 times in about 20 mins ,only to end up having to pay the big blind, after just posting on the table i just left,as u know the velocity is a fast paced tourny,and towards the later stages the blinds are huge ,and this has made a huge dent in my stack 2night ,thought id just have a little moan ,seeing i just went out on the bubble ,not amused  TEN
  • edited July 2009
    hi guys ,ive got no problem with table balancing as such,but ive just finished playing velocity,and not for the 1st time ,ive ended up being moved 3 times in about 20 mins ,only to end up having to pay the big blind, after just posting on the table i just left,as u know the velocity is a fast paced tourny,and towards the later stages the blinds are huge ,and this has made a huge dent in my stack 2night ,thought id just have a little moan ,seeing i just went out on the bubble ,not amused  TEN
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    HEY TEN... BEEN IN UR SPOT MANY MANY TIMES MATE... AND NOT ALWAYS ON SKY... ITS A BLINKING KNIGHTMARE WHEN THAT HAPPENS LIKE U SAY WHEN THE BLINDS ARE HUGE...AND U GET MOVED... BUT LOOK AT IT ANOTHER WAY,
     HOW MANY TIMES HAVE U JUST HAD THE BUTTON.... (HANGING ON FOR UR TOURNEY LIFE) GET MOVED AND END UP IN THE BUTTON OR LP? SO U HAVE A BIT OF BREATHING SPACE FOR AN ORBIT... I KNOW IT DOESNT EXCLUDE THE FACT THAT U POST BLINDS THEN MOVE AND POST AGAIN BUT LONG TERM MATE IT DOES BALANCE OUT... HOPE UR ALL GOOD ;-)
  • edited July 2009
    No conspiricy taken Although the magic seat theory  is still up for a vote, Flash keeps getting the same one and going deep Ski had the seat yesterday and did well, then Norbit sat in it and was a big chip leader in no time at all   Wish i could sit there one time, though probably make no difference for Kev LOL
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    LOLOL I had that seat the other day in deepie and won JJ v AK, QQ v AK and went from 3000 chips to 40,000 in 10 minutes haha.............then i got moved at final table and busted in 4th
  • edited July 2009
    In the mickjenn1 mtt on Tuesday, the guy with the £25 bounty wasnt playing so all the table was gearing up for a shovefest when he got all in as he was down to 100 chips.................suddenly the 'random' generator moved him...........................to Tikay's table!!!!!!! :)