You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

why doesn't SKY do bad beat jackpots?

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
alot of poker sites do bad beat jackpots why doesn't SKY? I lost on a full house AAAJJ, he hit a royal flush
gutted :[ 

wish sky did bad beats jackpots as it happens too often... 

Comments

• edited May 2010
    because with the amount of bad beats on here the jackpot would not get up to a decent amount lol
  • edited May 2010
    Even if they did a bad beta jackpot, they generally only kick in when you lose with quads.
    And despite the river madness we have all seen on sky, I have yet to have that particular pleasure.
  • edited May 2010

Hi jacko,

Many sites do "Bad Beat Jackpots", & many (though not all) of them charge a levy on every hand to pay for it - so players are only winning their own money, & are being charged whether they like it or not.

And it's just wrong to pay someone money for losing, & increasing the already obscene & wholly irrational obsession players have with bad beats.

People should be paid for winning, not losing!

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: why doesn't SKY do bad beat jackpots?:
    Hi jacko, Many sites do "Bad Beat Jackpots", & many (though not all) of them charge a levy on every hand to pay for it - so players are only winning their own money, & are being charged whether they like it or not. And it's just wrong to pay someone money for losing, & increasing the already obscene & wholly irrational obsession players have with bad beats. People should be paid for winning, not losing!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Exactly tk well said

Hey Jacko you have to remember when you get a bad beat it means you have got your money in ahead and a big favourite, so even though we dont like bad beats id rather be in front than having to catch miracle cards all the time.
  • edited May 2010

You wouldn't have won a bad beat jackpot with a full-house anyway, I understand the other sites require you to lose with quad 8s or better, and as Tikay says these jackpots are only paid on certain cash tables which take extra rake to build it up.

• edited May 2010
    I lost with pocket 2's to AK the other day.

I want a bad beat bonus!!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: why doesn't SKY do bad beat jackpots?:
    I lost with pocket 2's to AK the other day. I want a bad beat bonus!!
    Posted by CLIOKID

I THINK SKY SHOULD DO BAD BEATS :] I WOULD BE RICH LOL
  • edited May 2010
    i seen i bad beat on party poker on 1.2 m woooow that would be nice