You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A Particularly interesting bad beat.

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
Happened a few months ago, but still makes me smile.
I am playing KK and raise to find 1 caller.
Flopp arrives 666.
Always scary, but I'm thinking there's only someone calling my raise with A6 that could possibly be beating me.
Turn is the K. And, unless the guy is a total numpty, I should be home free.
River is the clincher. Another 6, and his AQ beats my KK by virtue of the better kicker with us both suddenly having quad 6.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to A Particularly interesting bad beat.:
    Happened a few months ago, but still makes me smile. I am playing KK and raise to find 1 caller. Flopp arrives 666. Always scary, but I'm thinking there's only someone calling my raise with A6 that could possibly be beating me. Turn is the K. And, unless the guy is a total numpty, I should be home free. River is the clincher. Another 6, and his AQ beats my KK by virtue of the better kicker with us both suddenly having quad 6.
    Posted by Eyeman
    I expected better.
  • edited May 2010
    My only other contender is my K 10.
    Flop KK9
    Turn 10
    I go all in (£2.87 - phew) and have 1 caller.
    River 9.
    He turns over 99. How do you feel?
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to A Particularly interesting bad beat.:
    Happened a few months ago, but still makes me smile. I am playing KK and raise to find 1 caller. Flopp arrives 666. Always scary, but I'm thinking there's only someone calling my raise with A6 that could possibly be beating me. Turn is the K. And, unless the guy is a total numpty, I should be home free. River is the clincher. Another 6, and his AQ beats my KK by virtue of the better kicker with us both suddenly having quad 6.
    Posted by Eyeman
    youve only mentioned that 489 times:)