You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PTP-aha tonight.

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat

I have the pleasure of the Bank Holiday PTP tonight, & as it's Monday, it's Omaha cash night.

Apart from 8pm until I exit not long after, when I play tonight's 8pm £5k Guaranteed Main Event, I'll be on the Omaha Cash Tables non-stop from 7pm until around Midnight. We'll start at two Tables of 5p-10p, & see how we go as the evening progresses.

Please bear with me if asking questions in the Chat-box, I find it quite hard to several-table Omaha AND keep up with the questions, so be patient, please. I'll also have on eye on the Snooker Final - I fancy the Aussie lad strongly. I think he'll do well in the Snooker Final, too.

7pm tonight then, right?

Meanwhile, I'm gonna try & clear up some of the long overdue replies in the "Ask tikay" thread, & grab an hour or two's kip. Hopefully, not at the same time.

Enjoy your Bank Holiday, whatever you do, or wherever you do it.

Comments

• edited May 2010

Hi Tikay - might join you for some 5p/10p cash - thought Robertson would do well from the start, but sadly didn't put my money where my mouth is - Dott looks shot to me!

• edited May 2010
    In Response to PTP-aha tonight.:
    I have the pleasure of the Bank Holiday PTP tonight, & as it's Monday, it's Omaha cash night. Apart from 8pm until I exit not long after, when I play tonight's 8pm £5k Guaranteed Main Event, I'll be on the Omaha Cash Tables non-stop from 7pm until around Midnight. We'll start at two Tables of 5p-10p, & see how we go as the evening progresses. Please bear with me if asking questions in the Chat-box, I find it quite hard to several-table Omaha AND keep up with the questions, so be patient, please. I'll also have on eye on the Snooker Final - I fancy the Aussie lad strongly. I think he'll do well in the Snooker Final, too. 7pm tonight then, right? Meanwhile, I'm gonna try & clear up some of the long overdue replies in the "Ask tikay" thread, & grab an hour or two's kip. Hopefully, not at the same time. Enjoy your Bank Holiday, whatever you do, or wherever you do it.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Poor Sparce is gonna be jealous now ;)
  • edited May 2010
    I think chompy is on Dott at good odds- so good luck to he.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: PTP-aha tonight.:
    I think chompy is on Dott at good odds- so good luck to he.
    Posted by SoLack
    As good a reason as any to want Robertson to win. ;)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: PTP-aha tonight. : As good a reason as any to want Robertson to win. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    I had money on Robertson and have hedged it now so I'm happy.
  • edited May 2010

The first Omaha sessiion went OK - played two tables, 1 @ 5p-10p, & the other at 10p-20p, & broke exactly even after an hour. Not very profitable then, but lost nothing & had a fun time. I'll take that all day & all night, fun for free.

I kept finding the right spots - say, bet out with top set on a two-flush flop, get 2 customers, then the flush turns, da de da, so you have to let go, one of them has to have it, it just goes that way some nights. 

Next up was the BH, & I had a whizz starting Table, a few nice hands, & non-believers every time. 

But a situation arose at 75-150, when I had about 4k, it was limped round to me in the BB, & I had K-8 diamonds. It came K high, two diamonds - a beauty of a flop, & soon all the chips were in the middle. Villain had limped in with Aces, & I missed all of my improvers, about 14 x 2, I think. But I'm never going away there, & so no complaints.

I took one "Head" for £3.75, so an £8 loss in that. BIG field - 602 runners, I think.

More importantly, I had a L-L with Lord Cow, who offered me 25/1 to 25p. I finished 302nd, I hope he did not better that!

Back to the Omaha Cash Tables now.
  • edited May 2010
    I think I came 290 something, so ship the 25p!
  • edited May 2010
    I think I came 290 something, so ship the 25p!
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    OBJECTION, STEWARDS INQUIRY,  - you finished 297th, NOT 290th.

PS - Technically, I finished 327th, not 302nd as stated earlier, but I objected first.
  • edited May 2010
    Tikay I was at DTD all over the weekend for the £300 "jobbie" lol and the £150 jobbie. Didn't see you once! Where were you?

You playing the British Masters in Bristol this weekend?
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: PTP-aha tonight. : OBJECTION, STEWARDS INQUIRY,  - you finished 297th, NOT 290th. PS - Technically, I finished 327th, not 302nd as stated earlier, but I objected first.
    Posted by Tikay10
    "I think I came 290 something"  I rest my case.
  • edited May 2010
    Tikay I was at DTD all over the weekend for the £300 "jobbie" lol and the £150 jobbie. Didn't see you once! Where were you? You playing the British Masters in Bristol this weekend?
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Bristol this weekend? No, I'm in Glasgow, for the SPT, & I'm not overly fond of how Gala Bristol run Tourneys, to be honest. Anyway, good luck in it.

DTD Deepstack weekend? I wish! I did the Live Show on Sunday, so no point playing the Saturday £300, it's a 2 dayer. How did you get on?

I love playing there, it's the greatest Live Venue - & best run - I've ever been in, bar none, & the owners & Suits are all long-time personal friends.

A good lady friend of mine, who used to play now & then on Sky Poker, & is a Luton & APAT regular, "Claw75", nearly won it, I gather.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: PTP-aha tonight. : "I think I came 290 something "  I rest my case.
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    Objection SUSTAINED.

I'm prepared to negotiate though.
  • edited May 2010

And there are 620 runners tonight in the B/H.....so i am sure them figures/positions can/will be 'adjusted'
  • edited May 2010
    And there are 620 runners tonight in the B/H.....so i am sure them figures/positions can/will be 'adjusted'
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Yes, I am currently negotiating on all these matters. ;)

My e-Mail has gone to Harrogate requesting a seasonally-adjusted result.
  • edited May 2010
    Oh I totally forgot about Glasgow! Shame it's so far away. 

The £300? mehhh got a little short and eventually shoved with nut flush draw and two overs and got called by top pair. GG me. 

Yeah I have only been to DTD on a few occasions and I absolutely love it. A very well run venue indeed. 

I'm not sure about the Lady you are talking about. But a lovely charming lady DID win it vs Pete Charalambous heads up. It was nice to see a good amateur poker player win it to be honest. She got quite emotional when she won the final hand and it was sort of heart warming to see. Pete is a very good player and I have no doubt that he will be on many tables on the live circuit in the future. But to see a good solid recreational poker player - someone that doesn't have time nor the money to play the entire UK poker circuit -  was nice. She started day 2 with just 7 big blinds and played with patience (I don't have any of this elusive stuff) and with great discipline to take it down many hours later - great stuff.