You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

dose any one play poker for a living on this site?

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
hi there anyone out there play poker for there full time job on this site i would love to do that,if so any tips wot can help me do this thanks jacko999.....

Comments

• edited May 2010
    I bet there is a few

But I think it is a better hobby than an occupation.
  • edited May 2010
    i play for a living ......... a living hell!!!!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to dose any one play poker for a living on this site?:
    hi there anyone out there play poker for there full time job on this site i would love to do that,if so any tips wot can help me do this thanks jacko999.....
    Posted by jacko999
    I grind the 2p/4p and make a nice living from that
  • edited May 2010

You need to put the hours in at the lower levels Jacko...Iknow u crush them, and ur a good player IMO, playing below your level, which is why you do well....

But as you move up the levels, it becomes a completely different game.

Im not saying you wont be able to do it, but to try you need to have put the hard work in at the lower levels so that your bankroll can support you at the higher levels, long enough for you to find out if you are good enough......

I aint a pro, or play for a living or owt, but Ive spoken to players who do....on and off this site.

Ive moved from the lower middle stakes (30/40/50 quid tables) up to the higher of the mid stakes,                 (80/100/200 quid tables) and its completely different - I only play them now after midnight, when its not so different......

You know the score with the bankroll though, move up when you're winning, not when uve been losing.

Hope some pros reply on here....with advice, cud use some myself
  • edited May 2010
    poker is my main income.  not just on here tho but also on other sites/live.

you need a very deep roll to play on a serious basis as without it you can go skint very easy.

i'm talking 150/200BIs
  • edited May 2010
    CHEERS DOHHHHHHH FOR THE ADVISE VERY HELP FULL YEAH GONNA STAY ON THE LOWER LEVAL FOR NOW MIGHT SEE U ON THE HIGHER ONES SOON IF I KEEP WINNING GOOD LUCK 2 M8 AND THANKS SCOTTY77 ASWELL
  • edited May 2010
    I started on 2p/4p lol big mistake but hey i never had a decent roll im now playin 10p/20p and occasionally 15p/30p and i am well up at this level.Gl to all unless ure at my table lol dav
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: dose any one play poker for a living on this site?:
    poker is my main income.  not just on here tho but also on other sites/live. you need a very deep roll to play on a serious basis as without it you can go skint very easy. i'm talking 150/200BIs
    Posted by scotty77
    for cash???
  • edited May 2010
    I made enough to buy an Onion and an Out-of-Date bag of Penne Pasta last week.
  • edited May 2010
    I made enough to buy an Onion and an Out-of-Date bag of Penne Pasta last week.
    Posted by emilyegg
    ...Then you ought to give serious consideration to quitting, whilst at the zenith of your career. I know I would.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: dose any one play poker for a living on this site? : ...Then you ought to give serious consideration to quitting, whilst at the zenith of your career. I know I would.
    Posted by FlutNush
    I am aiming to secure a jar of Dolmio this week.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: dose any one play poker for a living on this site? : I am aiming to secure a jar of Dolmio this week.
    Posted by emilyegg
    does that not depend on what day is your 'Dolmio day'?
  • edited May 2010
    The Dolmio is not as good as the stuff that Mama used to make...........but it will do.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: dose any one play poker for a living on this site? : for cash???
    Posted by Wilhelm
    yes of course it depends in the type of game you are playing in tho.

people can make it worth with 25/30 but all it takes is one bad week and you could be busto.  when you are multi-tabling it is not unusual to have minus 10 BI sessions.

• edited May 2010
    dont play for a living but i earn more from poker than my job, and if i had the br i would do it full time..

play online for fun.. live for money..

my live play is much better than online lol
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: dose any one play poker for a living on this site? : yes of course it depends in the type of game you are playing in tho. people can make it worth with 25/30 but all it takes is one bad week and you could be busto.  when you are multi-tabling it is not unusual to have minus 10 BI sessions.
    Posted by scotty77
    its great to see i am not the only one who spews upto 10 buyins on a bad session (only had 2 -10buyin this year and about 6 -5/6 buyin).
    I only keep 35 ish buyins on the site and i withdraw anything over that ammount.
    poker is not my sole income as i have kids and too many overheads and the pressure when playing would be massive and i would not be able to play a good game.
    As scotty said, to turn pro you will need a min of 100 buyin and will need to play at 50nl+
  • edited May 2010
    My views on BR management have changed dramatically over the years I have been playing poker. I like an ultra- conservative approach: at least 500 buyins for the minimum level you are prepared to play and at least 100 buyins for the maximum level you are prepared to play.  
  • edited May 2010
    Dont lie... Didnt you have your whole roll on the 50/100 table lol?
  • edited May 2010
    Lol the amount you keep in your poker account is different from your total bankroll as a sum. i don't know why anybody would keep more than 50 buyins in their account at any one time.
  • edited May 2010
    My views on BR management have changed dramatically over the years I have been playing poker. I like an ultra- conservative approach:  at least  500 buyins for the minimum level you are prepared to play and at least 100 buyins for the maximum level you are prepared to play.  
    Posted by BrownnDog

I've always been a nit, when 'the standard' was 20 I wanted 50, and now it's 50+ I want 75+

Then again I like getting it in lol