You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash for Points

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat

Was anyone else aware that the cash for points bonus will not be paid until the 10th May or was I the only one.  The t/c have changed to 5 business days, and I could be wrong but I am sure it was always 2 business days?  If I am incorrect then I apologise. If not maybe I have missed an email or a thread on here stating it has changed?  

Comments

• edited May 2010
    as far as i am aware it has not been posted on the forum nor have i recived a email.  the bonus was always paid within 2 working days, i cant understand why it would be changed to 5 working days.
  • ckdckd
    edited May 2010
    i thought i was 2bd as well ie today or tomorrow 
  • edited May 2010
    That's news to me. Mind you, I won't lose much interest waiting for my fiver.  I'm sure there'll be an official response soon.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Cash for Points:
    That's news to me. Mind you, I won't lose much interest waiting for my fiver. I'm sure there'll be an official response soon.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    I want my bloody FIVER !!
  • edited May 2010
    Indeed thats what I thought, apparently the t/c have now changed, but I had to contact customer care to find this out, so anyone who is expecting it to be paid, it wont be, so I guess sky just changed the t/c and expected no one to query it? Or maybe they just thought it would not be an issue, just to be told would have been nice
  • edited May 2010

Well if thats the case......they should extend the qualifying period by 5 days.....I was only a few points of the next level......*sigh*
  • edited May 2010
    i think i know what its all about, the payout for cash for points must be around £200k, sky holding onto £200k for 5 days over a year is 60 days a year. anyone know what the interest would be on £200k over 60 days?
  • edited May 2010
    Did they say it is a permanent change, or is it just because of the bank holiday weekend?
    I can wait for my £30 !

• edited May 2010
    i think i know what its all about, the payout for cash for points must be around £200k, sky holding onto £200k for 5 days over a year is 60 days a year. anyone know what the interest would be on £200k over 60 days?
    Posted by freechips1

You are so right.
  • edited May 2010
    LOL is this Sky Poker making a late charge in the General Election?

The manifesto CLEARLY states the Cash For Points rewards may be delayed because of Public Holidays and the Backlog still affecting us all in the wake of the Volcanic Ash problems.
  • edited May 2010

Kunster is gonna be gutted, been waiting weeks for his fiver
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks Max, (my bad for accidentally posting it on another thread)

here you go everyone...

Hey guys,

Apologies if you did miss the enouncement about the new cash for points payment date. This was announced in the new cash for points promotional page that was posted on the forum a couple of weeks back.
    The 5 working days is just a safety net really. The team will endeavour to pay all due bonuses quickly and well within the 5 days, however we can't guarantee this, thus the new guideline of "Your bonus amount will be paid within 5 business days following the calendar month end" - taken from the cash for points promo page.

cheers guys
  • edited May 2010
    I'll go and see if i can find the thread where it was announced
  • edited May 2010
    I'm having a little trouble finding my thread but here is LML's on the same subject (with the same link to the new promo page)
  • edited May 2010
    Posted by freechips1
    lol

i would imagine that as the site grows more and more players are entitled to the bonus and sky have changed it to 5 days because it will take longer to process the bonus
  • edited May 2010
    lol i would imagine that as the site grows more and more players are entitled to the bonus and sky have changed it to 5 days because it will take longer to process the bonus
    Posted by scotty77
    yea just spoke to some one at sky and its all changed,why do these promos and keep changing them,makes me laugh how it takes them so long to put cash into your account,but they take your money straight away,so does this mean if i want to play in the 120 quid vegas semi or another tourny they can wait between 5 and 10 days for me money??????????????????????????
  • edited May 2010
    Posted by freechips1
    I dont think that days gained in interest is relevant in this case freechips. The reason im saying this is because its not like a solicitor or bank holding on to your money, before giving you it, its just a computer transaction, sky still have the bonus money even when they put it into your account, unless you withdraw the bonus, which i would say is extremely rare. Most players would just use the bonus to top up their bankroll.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Cash for Points : I dont think that days gained in interest is relevant in this case freechips. The reason im saying this is because its not like a solicitor or bank holding on to your money, before giving you it, its just a computer transaction, sky still have the bonus money even when they put it into your account, unless you withdraw the bonus, which i would say is extremely rare. Most players would just use the bonus to top up their bankroll.
    Posted by loonytoons
    i and many others who play mid/high stakes take off the bonus, and its not just a computer tranaction, obviously sky keep all the money in a high interest account thats why it takes a few days to get it when you withdraw.  many players have £20k+ on sky and i can asure you sky will be making interest on this.
  • edited May 2010
    spoke to sky support and said it wont go on till monday :(
  • edited May 2010
    how do you check how much your getting?
  • edited May 2010

the bit that confuses me is tha they payed the league bonuses quicker than normal and it has always been the other way around.
    I am only due £50 but stil its 50 that could be put to good use on sky. I personally withdraw all my money at month end and start fresh with my bonus!, I am sure a few people do the same as me and well sky will be losing out on th rake they pick up from people like me.

• edited May 2010
    At current interest rates it would be better for Sky to put this money into accounts sooner rather then later FWIW

Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000
  • edited May 2010
    i had mine yesterday cuz i remember i had to knock it off me BR challenge