You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Dave's Destroyers Team Thread

Comments

• edited May 2010
    UL guys, lets pick it up tomorrow. We will have Col on our team then.

I managed to blag us some points with a medium deep run of 22nd.  £1.50 to the kitty

Just need a few double ups and we ready to win this.
  • edited May 2010
    sorry about that mate [gooner],,,there was nothing I could do...tried to warn you but too late. we were both short. eventually went out in 69 place
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Dave's Destroyers Team Thread:
    sorry about that mate [gooner],,,there was nothing I could do...tried to warn you but too late. we were both short. eventually went out in 69 place
    Posted by bobcat52
    Unlucky not to place mate.... 

Hopefully we can get a couple more in the top 100 tomorrow. I think the key is not gambling too much in early stages unless u really hit a flop hard.
  • edited May 2010
    we can only do better......
  • edited May 2010

sorry team out in 60th .better luck tomorrow guys . well done captain

• edited May 2010
    looks like its not my night went out in 5k bounty hunter with aa to ak offsuit they hit a flush make sure im ready to roll tommorow night but im on call standby at work colleague gone sick and have arrangement to cover each others rota so will have to shoot if i get the call hopefuly not though.need some sort of code to dump chips if im on table as teamate.
  • edited May 2010
    looks like its not my night went out in 5k bounty hunter with aa to ak offsuit they hit a flush make sure im ready to roll tommorow night but im on call standby at work colleague gone sick and have arrangement to cover each others rota so will have to shoot if i get the call hopefuly not though.need some sort of code to dump chips if im on table as teamate.
    Posted by swiper
    Just say
  • edited May 2010
    If we all changed our location on avatars to Destroyers as I have done we will know our teamates.

I note Dave said he had done this but he was still showing as bournemouth not Destroyers.

I went into my profile and changed my home town to destroyers and also my personal details home town to destroyers and one worked. 

I think it is the former.

If we each did it we would know instantly
  • edited May 2010
    Posted by bobcat52

np m8 we would never have got out of that situation anyway both short with decent pocket pairs both had to shove :)
  • edited May 2010
    registered for tonite hope everybody else has
  • edited May 2010
    Just registered although I might be a few minutes late joining the game

Also, realised earlier today that I don't think I'll be able to play Friday night
  • edited May 2010
    registered for tonite hope everybody else has
    Posted by vaigret
    I have sent out another PM to everyone to remind them again :)
  • edited May 2010
    I am in but got to nip to shop to buy mum a present for her bday lol

OMAHA!  uhoh never played this in my life..

Terry - I changed my location to Destroyers.. Will try again

COME ON TEAM
  • edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010
    At the mo we have 8 of our 10 reg still waiting on swiper and seant
  • edited May 2010
    I'm in peeps but i'll be honest i've never ever ever played Omaha so if anyone has any last minute tips then please share them with me. I'm gonna be playing tight tonight just until i get the hang of what hands are winning because aparantly its alot different from Hold Em
  • edited May 2010

REGISTERED HOPE TO DO BETTER TONIGHT HAVE PLAYED A BIT OF OMAHA JUST SOME
                                ADVICE FOR THOSE THAT HAVE NOT PLAYED OMAHA UNLESS YOU HAVE AT LEAST TWO
                                PAIR DONT CALL BIG RIVER BETS MOST SHOWDOWNS WILL BE 5 CARD HANDS.GOOD
                                LUCK ALL. please be aware im on call tonight so if i get a call ive got to go sorry but have to cover friend at work who i have agreement with hopefuly i wont though.
  • edited May 2010
             right carlos bit more advice if you want it and others if youve never played omaha allways remeber you have to use 2 of your 4 hold cards to make your best hand.omaha is a drawing game as you have more outs with so many variations most showdowns will be 5 card hands ideal starting hands are variable hands l;ike aa and 78suited you dont want to be dealt aaaa you cant improve even if board 4 card flushes you have to use two cards.also pots will get big quick as so many people will enter pots youll need to hit hand nuts on turn and bet people of pot so they cant re draw you to hit there nut hand.probably confused you more just play its more fun than holdem but alot more outdraws so beware
  • edited May 2010
    Cheers Swiper thats helped a little, basically be cagey as hell unless you are confident that i have it then dont give them the opportunity to hit their draw. Its gonna be fun ;)
  • edited May 2010
    I've come to the conclusion the hard way that Omaha is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from texas holdem........... i flopped ace flush so raised it 4 x big blind, got slow called and eventually went out to full house 7's over aces :(

I didnt see it coming at all          GUTTED !!!!!

SORRY TEAM ...... AGAIN :(
  • edited May 2010
    Superb turn around guys.

Colin one of our stars was back and cashed deeply. 

Two final tablists and around £50 in winnings. This is the start of the push for the title.
  • edited May 2010
    Absolutely briliant Team effort.

Unfortunately my bad run continues but here is our list tonite.

Silentbob 4th and £17
    bobcat52 5th and £15
    Mr Mbro 8th and £10
    swiper 11th and £2
    Grimstar 12th and £2
    Gooner55 16th £2
    epwb 25th and £1.50

total £49.50 , brilliant

Vaigre 129
    Carlos 200
    seant nr

well done all
  • edited May 2010

well played team  bit of luck at the end ,could of been a 1  - 2  .well played the bobs

• edited May 2010
    Hi Guys,
    Well done to EVERYONE.
    This is a team and we bask in our glory as one and any failure as one, so have faith Vaigret, i have been on a horrendus run myself.

DAVES DESTROYERS DID EXACTLY THAT TONIGHT.
    WE MUST BE THE TEAM OF THE OMAHA LEG(dont care if any other team got more money)

see you all tomorrow.
    Dont forget if it is roulette, be on time it wont last long.

col
  • edited May 2010
    Absolutely briliant Team effort. Unfortunately my bad run continues but here is our list tonite. Silentbob 4th and £17 bobcat52 5th and £15 Mr Mbro 8th and £10 swiper 11th and £2 Grimstar 12th and £2 Gooner55 16th £2 epwb 25th and £1.50 total £49.50 , brilliant Vaigre 129 Carlos 200 seant nr well done all
    Posted by vaigret
    Father, ul tonight but I have to say a terrific performance by your team.  I'm sure your luck will turn soon.
  • edited May 2010
    I think I could have done better than I did. Folded a number of winning hands as I was either up against other team members in their big blinds or I would have damaged them or possibly knocked them out if I'd played them otherwise.

What future strategy are we going to follow should we find ourselves in similar situations for the rest of the tourney?
  • edited May 2010
    wp all

A great game tonight & maybe we'll all get lucky tomorrow
  • edited May 2010
    We took almost a quarter of tonight's pool. We must be up with the leaders....Go Destroyers!!
  • edited May 2010
    I think I could have done better than I did. Folded a number of winning hands as I was either up against other team members in their big blinds or I would have damaged them or possibly knocked them out if I'd played them otherwise. What future strategy are we going to follow should we find ourselves in similar situations for the rest of the tourney?
    Posted by bobcat52
    We cheat lol
  • edited May 2010
    Well played tonight you guys ............ especially Bob for the final table. gg, wp