You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

World cup bets @ quiz

edited May 2010 in The Shed
With less than 50 days to go before the 2010 world cup begins i thought i would like to hear what sky poker players have chosen for there world cup bets
I like the look of Van persie 40/1 for the golden boot and am also keen on doing Huntelaar 33/1 as i think Holland may go a long way in the tournament.

Group betting im backing serbia to win there group at 11/4 they are up against Germany,Ghana, and Australia but the serbs are a very very underated side .
I also think Paraquay at 3/1 in there group look good value.

So will we or wont we that is the question! I think under capello we look are confident side but in my view we need to win our group to avoid Spain etc but at 5/1 i wont be backing us i still think Holland at 14s is worth a try.

But my heart ,head toes and every part of my body will be willing England to glory .

Quiz time.....

What two players will be making there 5TH world cup tournament ?

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to World cup bets @ quiz:
    MORNING IS IT RONALDO [BRAZIL} AND MOHAMED ABUULAZIZ AL DEAYEA [SAUDI ARABIA]
    P.S I AGREE GET ON HOLLAND 2 WIN WORLD CUP
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: World cup bets @ quiz:
    In Response to World cup bets @ quiz : MORNING IS IT RONALDO [BRAZIL} AND MOHAMED ABUULAZIZ AL DEAYEA [SAUDI ARABIA]
    Posted by millwise11
    Sorry nil points
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: World NEITHER RIGHT????
    Posted by millwise11
    SAMI AL JABER SOUTH AFRICA
  • edited May 2010
    NO M8 they have played in world cups since 94, s a havnt been in all 5 for a start
  • edited May 2010
    European teams for a clue..
  • edited May 2010
    Just been looking i didnt know NZ qualified, wish we where in there group they pick the ball up with there hands dont they?
  • edited May 2010
    Just been looking i didnt know NZ qualified, wish we where in there group they pick the ball up with there hands dont they?
    Posted by jubbley
    there keeper does yeh! lol
  • edited May 2010
    Henry (france)In Response to World cup bets @ quiz:
    With less than 50 days to go before the 2010 world cup begins i thought i would like to hear what sky poker players have chosen for there world cup bets I like the look of Van persie 40/1 for the golden boot and am also keen on doing Huntelaar 33/1 as i think Holland may go a long way in the tournament. Group betting im backing serbia to win there group at 11/4 they are up against Germany,Ghana, and Australia but the serbs are a very very underated side . I also think Paraquay at 3/1 in there group look good value. So will we or wont we that is the question! I think under capello we look are confident side but in my view we need to win our group to avoid Spain etc but at 5/1 i wont be backing us i still think Holland at 14s is worth a try. But my heart ,head toes and every part of my body will be willing England to glory . Quiz time..... What two players will be making there 5TH world cup tournament ?
    Posted by jubbley
  • edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to World cup bets @ quiz:
    With less than 50 days to go before the 2010 world cup begins i thought i would like to hear what sky poker players have chosen for there world cup bets I like the look of Van persie 40/1 for the golden boot and am also keen on doing Huntelaar 33/1 as i think Holland may go a long way in the tournament. Group betting im backing serbia to win there group at 11/4 they are up against Germany,Ghana, and Australia but the serbs are a very very underated side . I also think Paraquay at 3/1 in there group look good value. So will we or wont we that is the question! I think under capello we look are confident side but in my view we need to win our group to avoid Spain etc but at 5/1 i wont be backing us i still think Holland at 14s is worth a try. But my heart ,head toes and every part of my body will be willing England to glory . Quiz time..... What two players will be making there 5TH world cup tournament ?
    Posted by jubbley
    Im raking my brain to the answers of this question and im very sure there arnt any players making their fifth world cup appearance this year...
  • edited May 2010
    Actually.. Im certain no one is making their 5th world cup appearance.
  • edited May 2010
    I THINK YOUR RIGHT STRAT .
  • edited May 2010
    Actually.. Im certain no one is making their 5th world cup appearance.
    Posted by Strat91
    Ain't bad on the Footy trivia myself.....but even for a Keeper, 5 WC`s would be a push. Have to agree 100% with you.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: World cup bets @ quiz : Ain't bad on the Footy trivia myself.....but even for a Keeper, 5 WC`s would be a push. Have to agree 100% with you.
    Posted by emilyegg
    is it a trick question? maybe they have played in 3 or 4 and now a manager??
  • edited May 2010
    mmmmm GOOD SHOUT Gareth.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: World cup bets @ quiz : is it a trick question? maybe they have played in 3 or 4 and now a manager??
    Posted by 35suited
    one of them has got to be maradonna then.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: World cup bets @ quiz : one of them has got to be maradonna then.
    Posted by lucy4
    If it is managers too one of them is definatly Maradona but the he said "think European teams"  to be honest I think hes just made a mistake.
  • edited May 2010

GALLAS AND HENRY played in 2006 2002 98 94 BUT NOT SURE IF THEY HAVE BEEN PICKED FOR FRANCE THOUGH

• edited May 2010

They must have got a transfer!!!!!

France DID NOT qualify for the World Cup in 1994

• edited May 2010
    i must admit i thought that but on my rothmans world cup book it says they played peru, usa, and poland.
  • edited May 2010
    it might be 5 major tournaments, rather than WC`s jubbley? what year is your Rothmans book from m8?
  • edited May 2010
    I know sir geoff did but has anyone else scored a hatrick in a world cup final?

What english player has scored the quickest goal in a world cup match ?

What  national side exited the world cup without losing ?

Finally im backing Mexico and Uraquay to get through there group at 7/1 not sure France or SA are that good.
    SKYBET has some really good offers check it out
  • edited May 2010
    I know sir geoff did but has anyone else scored a hatrick in a world cup final? What english player has scored the quickest goal in a world cup match ? What  national side exited the world cup without losing ? Finally im backing Mexico and Uraquay to get through there group at 7/1 not sure France or SA are that good. SKYBET has some really good offers check it out
    Posted by jubbley
    it has to be scotland that done it first, i believe there are 2 more that have done it since
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: World cup bets @ quiz : it has to be scotland that done it first, i believe there are 2 more that have done it since
    Posted by TINTIN
    switzerland in the 2006 world cup were undefeated in the group stages and only lost in the last 16 on penalties and went their entire tournament without conceding a goal.
  • edited May 2010
    YOU are both correct i thought i said 3 national sides 1 more to get well done, but scotland where the 1st
  • edited May 2010
    Bryan Robson scored after 27 seconds against France in the 1982 World Cup.
  • edited May 2010
    Try this one...........

Which player has made the most appearances (25) at the World Cup?
  • edited May 2010
    Piece of pizzle, Lothar Matthaus.
  • edited May 2010
    I know sir geoff did but has anyone else scored a hatrick in a world cup final? What english player has scored the quickest goal in a world cup match ? What  national side exited the world cup without losing ? Finally im backing Mexico and Uraquay to get through there group at 7/1 not sure France or SA are that good. SKYBET has some really good offers check it out
    Posted by jubbley
    Hakan Sukur holds the record for quickest goal in a World Cup match, 11 seconds against Korea in 2002.
  • edited May 2010
    I won't be placing any bets until nearer the start of the tournament just so I know the final squads, any injuries etc.

Saying that though, as an outside bet I quite fancy the Dutch this time round. Think you can get ~10/1 on them at the moment. 

I will be doing my own little preview of all the teams in a few weeks time as well