You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Chester Races

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
In Response to Chester Races:
Today  Friday  was the first day of Chester Vase  meeting, and also one  of the first trials for the filly's who  may  run in the Epsom Oaks ..   Gertrude Bell took the step up to Listed company in her stride with an authoritative display in the Weatherbys Bank Cheshire Oaks at Chester. An Interestingly named filly this after the famous Gertrude Bell who was one of the main objectors to the Women's Suffragettes movement ...  From the look of the filly's on display on this  first day, its  a good job the Suffragettes won the day .. Now  where did I leave my pint ?
Posted by bennydip2
Gertrude Bell did not object to the Women's Suffragettes movement. In fact she was very much in favour of it and was made honorary secretary of the British Women's Anti-Suffrage League.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Today Wednesday was the first day of Chester Vase  meeting, and also one  of the first trials for the filly's who  may  run in the Epsom Oaks ..
      Gertrude Bell took the step up to Listed company in her stride with an authoritative display in the Weatherbys Bank Cheshire Oaks at Chester.
    An Interestingly named filly this after the famous Gertrude Bell who was one of the main objectors to the Women's Suffragettes movement ... 

From the look of the filly's on display on this  first day, its  a good job the Suffragettes won the day ..

Now  where did I leave my pint ?
  • edited May 2010
    Bell also became honorary secretary of the British Women's Anti-Suffrage League. Her stated reason for her anti-suffrage stand was that as long as women felt that the kitchen and the bedroom were their only domains, they were truly unprepared to take part in deciding how a nation should be ruled.