You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BRYAN ORYANS DEFINITION OF POKER TERMS PART 2 " I GOT SUCKED OUT"

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat

URM ,YOU JUST LOST AGAIN

Comments

• edited May 2010

mad just mad pmsl !
  • edited May 2010
    brian have you ever thought of becoming an mp???

i think ud fit in well :)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: BRYAN ORYANS DEFINITION OF POKER TERMS PART 2 " I GOT SUCKED OUT":
    brian have you ever thought of becoming an mp??? i think ud fit in well :)
    Posted by donkeyplop
      lol,could you envisage Bryan and i standing on your step,talking ga ga politics ,sounds rather appealing,kind regards Bryan and i.
  • edited May 2010

Dear Brian and I
    I know you are busy but could you please explain the definition of a "Luckbox"

There are many sports where a player has to wear protection which is also known as a box. They are worn in Football, Boxing, Cricket and such. I have also heard of the term "Lunchbox" and I can only assume this is for the protection of your meat and veg in the nether region.

Do you think a "Luckbox" is used for protection by lucky players in the sport of poker or does it mean something else?

Hope to hear from you soon
    Pokertrev 

• edited May 2010
    if i may suggest some possibilities for the term 'luckbox'?

1/ orford
    2/ tikay
    3/ blasted jammy g its
    4/ 1&3 and 2&3
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: BRYAN ORYANS DEFINITION OF POKER TERMS PART 2 " I GOT SUCKED OUT":
    Dear Brian and I I know you are busy but could you please explain the definition of a "Luckbox" There are many sports where a player has to wear protection which is also known as a box. They are worn in Football, Boxing, Cricket and such. I have also heard of the term "Lunchbox" and I can only assume this is for the protection of your meat and veg in the nether region. Do you think a "Luckbox" is used for protection by lucky players in the sport of poker or does it mean something else? Hope to hear from you soon Pokertrev 
    Posted by POKERTREV
    MMM,strange one pokertrev,but explainable.Luckbox was derived from the latin word fortuna pyxis ,the Latins loved a game of poker as we do today.Basically as in the modern day whingers were abundant ,and this was their chant when beaten by a fortuna get.Kind regards Bryan and i
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to BRYAN ORYANS DEFINITION OF POKER TERMS PART 2 " I GOT SUCKED OUT":
             URM ,YOU JUST LOST AGAIN
    Posted by bryan1960
    Is it just me or does any one else think the term  " I GOT SUCKED OUT" sounds crude. I know this is a common terminology within the poker circles, but it just sounds so wrong. A bit like muffty day at school or work. I still get disappointed when it turns out to be another name for own clothes day..

• edited May 2010
    In Response to BRYAN ORYANS DEFINITION OF POKER TERMS PART 2 " I GOT SUCKED OUT" : Is it just me or does any one else think the term  " I GOT SUCKED OUT" sounds crude. I know this is a common terminology within the poker circles, but it just sounds so wrong. A bit like muffty day at school or work. I still get disappointed when it turns out to be another name for own clothes day..
    Posted by -Typhoon-
    It could be construed as a bit "risqué" and it certainly raised my eyebrows when I saw this headline, purely because my wife has just been diagnosed with "Hoover Disease". More and more women are thought to be contracting this condition.

The symptoms start after just one-year of marriage, when they make a continuous f****** whining noise, but don't suck anymore.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to BRYAN ORYANS DEFINITION OF POKER TERMS PART 2 " I GOT SUCKED OUT" : Is it just me or does any one else think the term  " I GOT SUCKED OUT" sounds crude. I know this is a common terminology within the poker circles, but it just sounds so wrong. A bit like muffty day at school or work. I still get disappointed when it turns out to be another name for own clothes day..
    Posted by -Typhoon-
    Yeah.  I don't like having to explain to my mates how I got sucked out on.