You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

12 hours to go & I don't know what to do????

edited May 2010 in The Shed
I hate election time.

Here we are with 12 hours til the polls open & I've no idea who I'm gonna vote for? All my adult life I've voted Labour but quite frankly they (well, mainly Brown cos I though Blair did OK) have well & truly screwed this country up so I don't feel comfortable giving them my vote. 

I've never trusted Lib Dems & quite frankly I find Nick Clegg a bit creepy. So that really leaves Conservatives. Cameron comes across as OK but they'll probably s crew us all over anyway.

I'll admit, I don't really understand much politics cos they never actually explain things in English (or simple terms for people like me if you like) which just makes things even more difficult. I've always voted simply cos if I don't then I've got no rights to complain so what do I do? I think I'm leaning towards Cameron but I just don't know.

Anyone else having this problem?

NOTE: why doesn't this like the word s crew?

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Will be glad when its over, all the TV coverage says it is the most exciting election in years..........

Sadly, it is about as exciting as a pile of clothes that need ironing.

We all get shafted one-way or another regardless of who we vote for or who wins.
  • edited May 2010
    With you on this one m8,voted Lab before but cant stand them now.Prob is whoever you vote for, you just know ! in 18mths time they're gonna come up with a bagful of lies why they could't adhere to their promises.So, its not who i like the most, its who i detest the least.
         Lib could be a wasted vote and let lab in, UKIP nah ! so only leaves me with the conning Cons( I vote coz a lot of good people put in a lot of effort so i could have my vote unlike a lot of other countries)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to 12 hours to go & I don't know what to do????:
    I hate election time.
    Posted by silentbob
    Agreed. Sorry, that's as far as I read ;-)

• edited May 2010
    Before I start I will confess I am very much a Liberal and have been for years! The one thing we all must agree on is Politics needs a change and the only party offering a real change is the Liberals!
    They want to change the voting system so when you vote your vote counts so their will be no wasted votes! (but the only wasted vote to me is a vote for your second choice!) They want to make the first 10,0000 pounds of our earnings tax free thats 700 pounds a year in our pockets! This will be paid for by shutting down all the tax loopholes for the top 20% of earners!
    The Torys have promised The top 20% of earners extra tax relief netting them an extra 200,000 pounds a year while taking 65 million out of the budget for schools & police!
    We have all lived with Browns leadership so I dont feel I have to say to much about Labour.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKFTtYx2OHc For those not old enough to remember the way Torys tend to be here is a tongue in cheek video that sums them up for me! If you are filthy rich and think its okay to kill animals for fun then the CONservatives are the party for you!
  • edited May 2010
    lol,people have short memories
    income tax-33%
    intrest rates-15%
    inflation-nearly 10%
    all this under the tories in the mid-late eighties,dont get me wrong here brown has screwed up but it would of been the same if the tories had been in power,im voting labour and hoping they get a stronger PM in place,just my opinion like
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: 12 hours to go & I don't know what to do????:
    lol,people have short memories income tax-33% intrest rates-15% inflation-nearly 10% all this under the tories in the mid-late eighties,dont get me wrong here brown has screwed up but it would of been the same if the tories had been in power,im voting labour and hoping they get a stronger PM in place,just my opinion like
    Posted by stokefc
    I don't remember the mid late 80's, way too young.  However were we ever in nearly a trillion pounds worth of debt?
  • edited May 2010
    lol,people have short memories income tax-33% intrest rates-15% inflation-nearly 10% all this under the tories in the mid-late eighties,dont get me wrong here brown has screwed up but it would of been the same if the tories had been in power,im voting labour and hoping they get a stronger PM in place,just my opinion like
    Posted by stokefc
    Good Shout mate, I think we should run a thread on what else the tories could find to tax.
  • edited May 2010
    Got no love for the Cons, my business folded under them but Brown sold our gold reserves, what was it ? 3 Troy oz for the price of one, what was that all about ? 18 mths ago hes saying that the banks are the best, now hes saying banks have to be controlled.What control ? they're still getting a massive bonus for making billions by charging interest rates 4 or 5% abv base, whilst the rest of us struggle. Nah sorry they're all the same, can't defend any of them ! 
  • edited May 2010
    In Barking, it's a two horse race between Labour and the BNP, so my decision is easy enough.  I didn't even have to read the leaflets.
  • edited May 2010
    In Barking, it's a two horse race between Labour and the BNP, so my decision is easy enough.  I didn't even have to read the leaflets.
    Posted by Wilhelm
    They are priced at 7/2 to win a seat. mmmmm.
  • edited May 2010
    Posted by Wilhelm
    Lol, soz m8 but thats what you get for wanting to do Jackie Stallone.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: 12 hours to go & I don't know what to do???? : Lol, soz m8 but thats what you get for wanting to do Jackie Stallone.
    Posted by -TARAS-
    Oh, you saw that?  Guess you'll never look at my avatar the same way again.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: 12 hours to go & I don't know what to do???? : Oh, you saw that?  Guess you'll never look at my avatar the same way again.
    Posted by Wilhelm
    We will never look at life in the same way again!!!!!!
  • edited May 2010
    Don't vote conservative. Don't do it. 
  • edited May 2010
    Don't vote conservative. Don't do it. 
    Posted by BrownnDog
    +1

unless you are very rich and can send ur kids to private schools, have got private healthcare, and u have hired bodyguards for ur protection.
  • edited May 2010
    LABOUR BORROWED MORE MONEY THAN EVERY GOVERNMENT IN HISTORY ALL PUT TOGETHER. IT WOULD TAKE SOMEONE ON 20K A YEAR 2 THOUSAND MILLION YEARS TO PAY IT ALL BACK. THEY SOLD ALL OUR GOLD. THEY TAKE IN TWICE AS MUCH IN TAX FROM US THAN THE TORIES DID. THEY SOLD US DOWN THE RIVER WITH EUROPE. THEY TOOK US INTO WAR WITH LIES AND MADE MILLIONS OF MUSLIMS WANT TO DESTROY US. THEY COVER UP EVERY SCANDAL WITH COSTLY WHITEWASH ENQUIRIES. THEY LET IMMIGRATION SPIRAL COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL. THEY GIVE AWAY BILLIONS OF POUNDS OF OUR MONEY TO BRUSSELS EVERY YEAR. THEY TREAT THE MAJORITY OF THIS COUNTRY INCLUDING THEIR OWN SUPPORTERS WITH UTTER  CONTEMPT. THEY ALLOWED THE UK TO BE SPLIT UP. THEY INTERFERE AND SPY ON EVERY ASPECT OF OUR EVERYDAY LIVES. THEY BROKE ALL OF HEIR MANIFESTO PROMISES. THEY STARTED TO TAX THE DEAD. THEY HAVE ALLOWED THE CRIMINALS AND THUGS TO RULE OUR STREETS WHILE TYING THE HANDS OF THE VICTIMS, THE POLICE AND THE COURTS. THEY HAVE INTRODUCED HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF NEW LAWS..........CANT BE BOTHERED LISTING THE SCORES OF OTHER THINGS.

THE TORIES COCKED UP ONLY IN THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS THAT THEY WERE IN POWER THEN PUT THE ECONOMY RIGHT AND HANDED IT TO LABOUR IN A GOOD STATE. THEY WERE KICKED OUT IN THE END FOR SLEAZE AND BACKSTABBING EACH OTHER.

PRETTY SIMPLE IN MY HUMBLE OPINION WHO TO VOTE FOR.........NONE OF THE ABOVE LOLOL.

• edited May 2010
    hmmm. wonder if the monster raving loony party are still going? if they are i might give them a shout. couldn't do worse i suppose. at least we would all have some fun before the country goes down the toilet. it is possible, of course, that they could make a decent job of things!
  • edited May 2010
    LABOUR BORROWED MORE MONEY THAN EVERY GOVERNMENT IN HISTORY ALL PUT TOGETHER. IT WOULD TAKE SOMEONE ON 20K A YEAR 2 THOUSAND MILLION YEARS TO PAY IT ALL BACK. THEY SOLD ALL OUR GOLD. THEY TAKE IN TWICE AS MUCH IN TAX FROM US THAN THE TORIES DID. THEY SOLD US DOWN THE RIVER WITH EUROPE. THEY TOOK US INTO WAR WITH LIES AND MADE MILLIONS OF MUSLIMS WANT TO DESTROY US. THEY COVER UP EVERY SCANDAL WITH COSTLY WHITEWASH ENQUIRIES. THEY LET IMMIGRATION SPIRAL COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL. THEY GIVE AWAY BILLIONS OF POUNDS OF OUR MONEY TO BRUSSELS EVERY YEAR. THEY TREAT THE MAJORITY OF THIS COUNTRY INCLUDING THEIR OWN SUPPORTERS WITH UTTER  CONTEMPT. THEY ALLOWED THE UK TO BE SPLIT UP. THEY INTERFERE AND SPY ON EVERY ASPECT OF OUR EVERYDAY LIVES. THEY BROKE ALL OF HEIR MANIFESTO PROMISES. THEY STARTED TO TAX THE DEAD. THEY HAVE ALLOWED THE CRIMINALS AND THUGS TO RULE OUR STREETS WHILE TYING THE HANDS OF THE VICTIMS, THE POLICE AND THE COURTS. THEY HAVE INTRODUCED HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF NEW LAWS..........CANT BE BOTHERED LISTING THE SCORES OF OTHER THINGS. THE TORIES COCKED UP ONLY IN THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS THAT THEY WERE IN POWER THEN PUT THE ECONOMY RIGHT AND HANDED IT TO LABOUR IN A GOOD STATE. THEY WERE KICKED OUT IN THE END FOR SLEAZE AND BACKSTABBING EACH OTHER. PRETTY SIMPLE IN MY HUMBLE OPINION WHO TO VOTE FOR.........NONE OF THE ABOVE LOLOL.
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    Yeah, but apart from all that they're ok??????      NOT !
  • edited May 2010
    If the government changes after today, all that will happen is we will exchange one set of self-interested money grabbing expense fiddlers for another. Bah humbug! I'm voting for Harry Redknapp, now there's a miracle worker.