You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

help and advice needed!

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat

yes its me one of the forum wingers LOL, i would be very grateful for advice from all players on the following mater.

i have been with sky for 1 year and i am having a great time, on the tables and on the forum.  The past month i have hit a bad run on the cash tables, i only finished 2 buyins up (playing 6-8 tables 30 hours per week) in April where i normally average near 30 buyins pcm and this month i am -10 buyins already. 

I am the biggest critic of my own game, spending time looking at hand history, reading books and the forum always wanting to improve my game.  i have been looking closely at hand history over the past few weeks but the only thing i can see wrong is i am unlucky well most of the time sometimes i say WT F did i do that for.

my question is this what do i do now?
stay at my normal stakes and tell myself it will pass soon?
move down in stakes till the bad run passes?
move up in stakes and hope for the best?
try playing mtt or D.Y.M?
start all over again, withdraw my roll leaving a roll for 40/50nl and rebuild from their?

any advice will be great, many thanks jimmy.  BE LUCKY.

Comments

• edited May 2010

i say do dym !

and slowly edge your back to your cash games !
  • edited May 2010
    Well you are obviously a winning cash player... so no need to play a different less profitable format. Moving down stakes always helps though, so i would suggest move down and/or cut down on the number of tables you are playing. Dont want to go tooooooo auto pilot eh?
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to help and advice needed!:
    yes its me one of the forum wingers LOL, i would be very grateful for advice from all players on the following mater. i have been with sky for 1 year and i am having a great time, on the tables and on the forum.  The past month i have hit a bad run on the cash tables, i only finished 2 buyins up (playing 6-8 tables 30 hours per week) in April where i normally average near 30 buyins pcm and this month i am -10 buyins already.  I am the biggest critic of my own game, spending time looking at hand history, reading books and the forum always wanting to improve my game.  i have been looking closely at hand history over the past few weeks but the only thing i can see wrong is i am unlucky well most of the time sometimes i say WT F did i do that for. my question is this what do i do now? stay at my normal stakes and tell myself it will pass soon? move down in stakes till the bad run passes? move up in stakes and hope for the best? try playing mtt or D.Y.M? start all over again, withdraw my roll leaving a roll for 40/50nl and rebuild from their? any advice will be great, many thanks jimmy.  BE LUCKY.
    Posted by freechips1
    NOT THIS !!!! - Got Boonicon bak dont need u as well.

Ur minus 8 buy ins over 5 weeks? - Might be bad compared to your usual sky high standards, but it's hardly a crisis....

You're obviously still playing well to limit the damage, and you quote you are happy having studied the hand histories....so there's no need to change IMO. You been playing the nl100 level for months now, so if u average 30 bi per month, and ur -8 within 5 weeks thats like a pin pr/ick on your BR? (also winning that 3k or whatever shud have cushioned the blow) - Just carry on for me, changing levels aint gonna change ur luck.

DOHH

• edited May 2010

If i was you i would play less tables and try to improve my winrate so i was crushing 100nl and then move up...rinse and repeat.

But then again you earn more than the national average wage from poker and its not your only income, so if its not broke..why fix it.