You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OLD VINYL RECORDS

edited May 2010 in The Shed
We all used to love the reassuring crackle of our well ace records. And most no doubt will still have their collection.

But what was the very first record that you ever bought with your own money or not a present from someone?

Also, what is ( even tho you might still like it ) the record you bought that you think will cause you the most shame if you tell everyone and dare admit to buying?

If you tell me i will not tell anyone i promise.

OK i'll start.

First record i ever bought ( i was about six ) was........ Wig Wam Bam by the Sweet lol

The most shamefull record i ever bought was........Never Ending Story by Limahl ( hanging my head in utter shame )

Right. Thats it. Your turn. Come on get it off your chest and in the open....If you dare!!!!

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to OLD VINYL RECORDS:
    We all used to love the reassuring crackle of our well ace records. And most no doubt will still have their collection. But what was the very first record that you ever bought with your own money or not a present from someone? Also, what is ( even tho you might still like it ) the record you bought that you think will cause you the most shame if you tell everyone and dare admit to buying? If you tell me i will not tell anyone i promise. OK i'll start. First record i ever bought ( i was about six ) was........ Wig Wam Bam by the Sweet lol The most shamefull record i ever bought was........Never Ending Story by Limahl ( hanging my head in utter shame ) Right. Thats it. Your turn. Come on get it off your chest and in the open....If you dare!!!!
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    Lol m8 your honesty is refreshing, if somewhat worrying.

If you bought any Sonia records....we do not have to know!!!
  • edited May 2010
    With my own pocket money.

Madness, "Driving in My Car" Picture Disc.

My own most shameful purchase was "For Your Eyes Only" by Sheena Easton. mmmmmm theres a thought.
  • edited May 2010
    1ST RECORD DADODODODADADADA BY THE POLICE

WORST VYNAL SEE ABOVE

THE POLICE WERE PRETTY GOOD BUT THIS SONG WAS JUST BOBBINS I HATE IT EVEN MORE BECAUSE I WENT INTO WHSMITHS WITH MY £1 GIFT VOUCHER TO BUY EMBARESSMENT BY MADNESS WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN A COOL FIRST BUY.
  • edited May 2010
    The first chart sinlgle I bought was Siver Lady-Daved Soul.
    The most shameful was Captain Beaky and is band! But dont tell anyone. LOL
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: OLD VINYL RECORDS:
    The first chart sinlgle I bought was Siver Lady-Daved Soul. The most shameful was Captain Beaky and is band! But dont tell anyone. LOL
    Posted by Donut64
    captain beaky pmsl
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to OLD VINYL RECORDS:
    We all used to love the reassuring crackle of our well ace records. And most no doubt will still have their collection. But what was the very first record that you ever bought with your own money or not a present from someone? Also, what is ( even tho you might still like it ) the record you bought that you think will cause you the most shame if you tell everyone and dare admit to buying? If you tell me i will not tell anyone i promise. OK i'll start. First record i ever bought ( i was about six ) was........ Wig Wam Bam by the Sweet lol The most shamefull record i ever bought was........Never Ending Story by Limahl ( hanging my head in utter shame ) Right. Thats it. Your turn. Come on get it off your chest and in the open....If you dare!!!!
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    Lol, you got big balls owning up to Limahl but nothing wrong with a bit of glam rock in the 70s, bought a few Sweet records myself, did you know the lead singer was Taggerts brother, oh well please yourself lol.
    I think the very 1st record i bought was Popcorn by Hotbutter or it could have been Mouldy old dough by Lieutenant Pidgeon.Unfortunately thats not the most shameful that honour belongs to Lynsey De Paul with Lifes getting a drag or something like that.In my defense i did fancy her and probably still do a bit.
     Actually that reminds better add Olivia Newton Jon to the other thread.
  • edited May 2010
    The first chart sinlgle I bought was Siver Lady-Daved Soul. The most shameful was Captain Beaky and is band! But dont tell anyone. LOL
    Posted by Donut64
    HeeHee, did you have any mates when you were akid Do ? soz mate but ?  pmsl
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: OLD VINYL RECORDS : HeeHee, did you have any mates when you were akid Do ? soz mate but ?  pmsl
    Posted by -TARAS-
     Its more embarrassing than that I was a teenager! It just happened to become a cult record at our school looking back I cant see why! And no before you ask it wasnt a "special school"!
  • edited May 2010
    mmmmm

Jose Mourinho "The Special One"

Donut64 "The Special Needs One"

lol
  • edited May 2010
    mmmmm Jose Mourinho "The Special One" Donut64 "The Special Needs One" lol
    Posted by emilyegg
    I dont think we should ridicule Do for his honesty however he was a teenager when he bought em, so let the party begin, lol
  • edited May 2010
    I hate you all! LOL
    Posted by Donut64
    Oh come on m8....RIDICULE IS NOTHIN TO BE SCARED OF LOLOL.

Have pmsl at all these so far.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: OLD VINYL RECORDS :  Its more embarrassing than that I was a teenager! It just happened to become a cult record at our school looking back I cant see why! And no before you ask it wasnt a "special school"!
    Posted by Donut64
    Are you spreading the blame to spread the shame Do ? I cant stop laughing mate, thats made my day.(Easily pleased thats me)
  • edited May 2010
    1st Ever record was,
    Video Killed The Radio Star.
    by  The Buggles.

Most Shameful Record ever bought,
    Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi.
    by  Kylie Minogue.

As for "For Your Eyes Only" by Sheena Easton
    Pure Class that emilyegg.
  • edited May 2010
    My first was all night long,rainbow
    most embarresing has to be the DOOP song.it was during my drug addled life but thats another matter
    hope i can say that and wont get banned it was a long time ago and me head was messed up thank god i met the wife...sez with flushed cheeks
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: OLD VINYL RECORDS : Oh come on m8....RIDICULE IS NOTHIN TO BE SCARED OFLOLOL. Have pmsl at all these so far.
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    Don't you ever, Don't you ever, Stop being Dandy Showing me You're Handsome.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: OLD VINYL RECORDS :  Its more embarrassing than that I was a teenager! It just happened to become a cult record at our school looking back I cant see why! And no before you ask it wasnt a "special school"!
    Posted by Donut64
    are you shore you didnt spell that wrong?
  • edited May 2010
    prince charming prince charming
  • edited May 2010
    Adam and the Ants were Quality when I was growing up.

I can remember all their songs from the discos in our community centre. Everyone used to paint the white stripe across their nose....but after one lad asked me to paint "Adam and the Ants" on his back in the craft room, i decided it would be much funnier to paint "I am G A Y" on his back instead. Was on the end of a sound-kicking from his big, big brother at the end of the night. :0(

• edited May 2010
    The braviest animals in the land, are Captain Beaky and is band,
    Thats Timid Toad, Reckless Rat, Artful Owl and Batty Bat,
    They march through woodland singing songs that tell how they have righted wrongs.
    Come on you know its a classic. What other song as such fantastic lyrics? :)
  • edited May 2010
    Try this one for size Donut.......

Went to college, studied art
    To be an artist, make a start
    Studied hard, earned my degree
    But no-one seemed to notice me.............

There is a half-eaten Sky Poker stress ball up for grabs if anyone can get it without clicking the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgevV4tpXVE
  • edited May 2010
    my first record was - it's my party by suzi and the banshees

my most embarrasing would have to be - karma chamealeon by culture club (for gods sake don't tell anyone!!)

my most listened to however would be olivia newton john's greatest hits (the early 80's version) - god did i have a crush on her
  • edited May 2010
    my first record was - it's my party by suzi and the banshees my most embarrasing would have to be - karma chamealeon by culture club (for gods sake don't tell anyone!!) my most listened to however would be olivia newton john's greatest hits (the early 80's version) - god did i have a crush on her
    Posted by lozgo
    wasnt that by barbera gaskin and dave stewart (not dave stewart from eurithmics*)
  • edited May 2010
    Try this one for size Donut....... Went to college, studied art To be an artist, make a start Studied hard, earned my degree But no-one seemed to notice me............. There is a half-eaten Sky Poker stress ball up for grabs if anyone can get it without clicking the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgevV4tpXVE
    Posted by emilyegg
     Youre right I could not get that in a thousand years  but at risk of further ridicule I also bought that one! Further confession I still have all my old records including those two "classics"! :)
  • edited May 2010
    I can't remember the dates they were released & can't be bothered checking online lol, but this bunch springs to mind from my 'really early years'. One of these muthers was the first I actually bought myself. Before that I had some hand-me-downs from others, such as the already mentioned 'Silver Lady'...........

Sham 69 - Hersham Boys
    The Police - Walking On The Moon
    Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall
    BA Robertson - Bang Bang

• edited May 2010
    I can't remember the dates they were released & can't be bothered checking online lol, but this bunch springs to mind from my 'really early years'. One of these muthers was the first I actually bought myself. Before that I had some hand-me-downs from others, such as the already mentioned 'Silver Lady'........... Sham 69 - Hersham Boys The Police - Walking On The Moon Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall BA Robertson - Bang Bang
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Quality.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DppizE0MdoI
  • edited May 2010
    Try this one for size Donut....... Went to college, studied art To be an artist, make a start Studied hard, earned my degree But no-one seemed to notice me............. There is a half-eaten Sky Poker stress ball up for grabs if anyone can get it without clicking the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgevV4tpXVE
    Posted by emilyegg
    where did you dig that one up from ive got tears laughing at that one cos i remember liking it classic.
  • edited May 2010
    I HAD to buy the greatest hits album a couple of weeks ago, after my mate was taking the wee-wee out of me when I was decorating a house for him that he is going to be renting out.

The neighbours think I am a bit backwards when "Mary`s Boy Child" is belting out though.
  • edited May 2010
     BA Robertson - Bang Bang

god do i remember this song.
    i was just going through my first teenage crush and i really wanted to go 'Bang Bang'  with her!!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to OLD VINYL RECORDS : Lol, you got big balls owning up to Limahl but nothing wrong with a bit of glam rock in the 70s, bought a few Sweet records myself, did you know the lead singer was Taggerts brother, oh well please yourself lol. I think the very 1st record i bought was Popcorn by Hotbutter or it could have been Mouldy old dough by Lieutenant Pidgeon.Unfortunately thats not the most shameful that honour belongs to Lynsey De Paul with Lifes getting a drag or something like that.In my defense i did fancy her and probably still do a bit.   Actually that reminds better add Olivia Newton Jon to the other thread.
    Posted by -TARAS-

Think it was Brian Conley the "comedian" who's brother who sang in Sweet. Mark mcmanus "taggert" was related to the singer's foster dad.
    Anyway my first single was "Blockbuster" by Sweet, and the most embarrasing was one i bought for a girlfriend, so i don't know if it counts. But it was Renee & Renato "Save your love for me". Did you know that this knocked The Jam, "Beat Surrender" off No1, thus denying the greatest ever band a xmas No.1 with their last ever release.