You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (8th/9th)

edited May 2010 in The Shed
Here we are at the end of another long season & the last real opportunity to get a couple of decent bets on until the world cup kicks off.

Being a hammer I can't wait to see the back of this season. It's been truly awful & I can honestly say that I haven't really enjoyed much of it this year. Of course, fans of some clubs have had it a lot worse than us & I really feel for them.

Anyway, on to the betting & I've gone for 3 different bets this weekend.

Main Acca:

Blackpool to beat Forest (H) @ 13/10
Leeds to beat Bristol Rovers (H) @ 2/7
Dagenham to beat Darlington (A) @ 1/2
Port Vale to beat Shrewsbury (H) @ 8/13

These 4 are paying 6/1

Blackpool have been the surprise package for me this season. Back in August they were expected to be fighting relegation & with a bit of luck maybe a safe mid table position. But here we are after 46 games & they're 3 games away from the premier league!!! Blackpool are the ONLY team to do the double over Forest this season & I think it's probably an advantage for them to be at home in the 1st leg here as they can take a lead to defend at the City Ground. Forest have been wobbling since the turn of the year & their away record in 2010 has been awful.
No disrespect to Rovers but if Leeds can't beat them at Elland Road then they don't deserve to get automatic promotion. Rovers have lost 14 from 22 on the road this season & I just can't see them improving here. Leeds' destiny is in their own hands now. 3 points here & they're back in the championship regardless of results elsewhere (incredibly, including Leeds any one from 5 teams can still grab 2nd spot in league 1!!)
Only 2 of the 4 play off spots in league 2 have been taken & it's 2 from 6 teams for the remaining 2 spots. Dagenham currently occupy the last play off spot & 3 points on the road at bottom club Darlington will see them take one of those remaining places regardless of results elsewhere. The Daggers may not have the best away record in the division this season but I can't see them letting it slip here.
Port Vale are also one of the 6 fighting for a play off spot & 3 points against a Shrewsbury side with nothing to play for could see them take it depending on results elsewhere. They're currently in good form with only 1 defeat in their last 7 & even beat champions Notts County at Vale Park a few weeks ago.

Long Shot Acca:

Huddersfield to beat Exeter (A) @ 15/8
Millwall/Swindon - DRAW @ 12/5
Charlton to beat Oldham (A) @ 5/6
Tranmere to beat Stockport (A) @ 8/13
Notts Co to beat Torquay (A) @ 11/8

These 5 are paying a big 68/1 so worth a small dabble.

Huddersfield have a very slim chance of grabbing 2nd spot & only 3 points will do here. At the very least they'll want to continue their recent good form going into the play off games but Exeter won't go down without a fight as they also need the points to guarantee survival.
Again, both Millwall & Swindon can still grab 2nd spot too but I think they'll cancel each other out at the New Den. The reverse fixture finished 1-1 earlier in the season & I think it'll be more of the same here.
Charlton can also grab 2nd spot but not only will they need the 3 points at Boundary Park they'll also need other results to go their way too. It's extremely unlikely to happen but a win here will put them on the front foot going into the play off games.
Despite being in the bottom 4 & generally being poor all season, 3 points for Tranmere at Edgeley Park will almost certainly guarantee their survival. Stockport have been the whipping boys of the division & I fancy Tranmere to just nick it.
There's only 2 reasons why I've included Notts Co in my long shot. First is my gut instinct & second is the fact that 11/8 for a County win is decent imo.

Handicapped Acca:

Huddersfield (+1) to beat Exeter (A) @ 4/7
Spurs (-1) to beat Burnley (A) @ evens
Chelsea (-2) to beat Wigan (H) @ evens
Liverpool (-1) to beat Hull (A) @ 6/4
Sunderland (+1) to beat Wolves (A) @ 8/15

These 5 are paying a healthy 23/1 so definitely worth a look.

As soon as the play off contenders (& subsequent fixtures) for leagues 1 & 2 are confirmed I'll give my tips for them for anyone who's interested. It's a bit of a shame that the championship play offs are starting before the others but fwiw, my money's on Cardiff to take the play off crown in that division.

Be lucky with your bets peeps

Jay

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Bayern munich 5/6
    walsall 5/6
    norwich 2/5
    huddersfield + 1 goal 4/7
    arbroath 1/2

pays 10/1
  • edited May 2010
    Wow, where is everyone today? I usually get a couple of responses here!

Well if anyone is remotely interested these are my picks for the play offs:

Championship - Cardiff
    League 1 - Millwall
    League 2 - Morecambe

I would say what price I'm getting but for some reason Sky are not offering any markets on championship outright winners until after tomorrow's game between Leicester & Cardiff. It took me over half an hour to find that out & imo is ridiculous as every other betting site out there are offering odds right now (& to prove the point I visited 6 of the biggest sites out there & they all had outright markets available for this division, just a shame I don't have accounts with any of them really)
  • edited May 2010
    Norwich ruined my bet today so I've gone for £1 acc. at whopping 205/1 which is picking all the results for tomorrows Premier League matches - adds extra tension to final day and it's not that out there considering the odds so I'm quietly hopeful!
  • edited May 2010
    Where is everyone this weekend? lol
  • edited May 2010
    Oh another bet for laughs today - Spurs to finish 3rd and United win the title...157/1
  • edited May 2010
    Finally got my play off bets on. All 3 to win outright:

Cardiff @ evens
    Millwall @ 15/8
    Morecambe @ 11/4

21/1 for the treble

Also having a cheeky 5 way for today:

Chelsea (-2) to beat Wigan @ 5/6
    Spurs to beat Burnley @ 8/15
    Arsenal to beat Fulham @ 1/6
    Liverpool to beat Hull @ 8/15
    Everton to beat Portsmouth @ 2/9

A couple of really short odds which I don't usually do but the 5 way is paying 5/1. It's a bit of a strange feeling for a West Ham fan to be cheering on both Chelsea & Spurs!