You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Sky Poker League Format.

I have only recently joined Sky Poker and its community, and I have to say that it's the best site around, not perfect and definately in need of a few tweaks here and there, for its interaction between players, the tv coverage and the forum.
One 'Tweak' I would like to see, is the splitting up of 'the league' into divisions, cash table players have a seperate league, in which you are automatically registered as soon as you play a cash game.. premiere for the top players..then a 1,2 and 3... Now here is where I think the site could draw a lot of new players, keep the interest of existing players and give another forum for discussion on the sky poker channel.
I have noticed that points for wins vary according to the buy in or whether it's televised or not.. why not even the playing field by awarding the same number or  points for a win, 2nd 3rd etc etc, (depending on number of players), whether you have bought into an MTT of STT for 50p or £500. ~Then as the month progresses you will have players (the bottom 5 in each division) facing religation and the top 5 looking at promotion. Then, (without wanting to offend anyone), at the league finals tournie at the end of the month the table is made up of the top 5 in each division, from both MTT/STT league and the Cash League with the top 5 grabbing the prize money....What thrills and spills would we be installed for as some of the top players fall by the wayside.
My thinking behind this is purely that most players on here never get the opportunity to pit there skills, wits and chips against some of the top players, or, come to that get the chance to really boost their bank rolls, purely because they don't have the bank rolls (for whatever reason), to enter the 'bigger arenas'.
I think that it would be really good for the community, advertising for sky poker, and give a lot more poker for us to talk about... Anyone else like the idea???