You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Laddering vs Going for the Win

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat

Just wondering everyone else's mindset is.

I usually ladder to some extent, even folding hands such as AJ/A10 3 handed or when there are shorter stacks then mine, just to make sure I make the final table or cash as high as possible meaning I lose the chance to gain chips.

However I think the times I go out when I play marginal hands/allow myself to attack the big stacks, are made up when you manage to go on and win/runner up.

What does everyone else do? Always go for the win?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Tournie are so top heavy that you have to go for the win.

The only time when I may be looking to just cash is when I'm so short (3bb or something ghay) and no chance of winning that anyone is calling me PF so I will just try and scrape in the cash if its feasable within the next 2 rounds, say top 70 pay and 72 are left.
  • edited July 2009
    What Scotty said + I do slow play to make the ft in any tourney.  No matter what size my stack is at the ft I always think I have a good chance of winning.  The 3/4 seater tables before the ft bubble are a minefield.
  • edited July 2009

FOR ME IT ALWAYS DEPENDS ON HOW OTHER PLAYERS ARE PLAYING,THEIR POSITION IN TOURNIMENT AND STACK SIZE. AS FOR FINAL TABLES IVE NEVER WON ONE WHEN IVE STARTED AS CHIP LEADER OTHERS WITH SHORTER STACKS AND LESS TO LOOSE TEND TO ALL IN AT ANYTHING AND ALWAYS SEEN TO HIT! LOL 

• edited July 2009

i do a bit of both  tonite though had to ladder short stacked everyone else 4 to 5 times my stack 8 of the cash so i slow played and finished 53rd mainly due to the fact that the rest of the table slow played as well