You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£10+1 Daily Sleepstack wanted!

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi Guys,

Following on from what TK was saying in a related thread, I think it would be a good idea to make the TK Sleepstack a daily event. Seems to be getting in the larger fields (90+) and the 10 seater format is well received.

So anyway the more of us that push for this, the more likely the 'suits' will make it happen.

Dave +1!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    It wouldn't get so many runners if Tikay wasn't playing in it each day + if it wasn't highlighted at the top of the MTT page.

I think its a nice tournie as it is....it seems now that everyday people are pushing for new tournies without actually thinkin them thru.

I couldn't play it last night but hope everyone had fun as it is an enjoyable tournie.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to £10+1 Daily Sleepstack wanted!:
    Hi Guys, Following on from what TK was saying in a related thread, I think it would be a good idea to make the TK Sleepstack a daily event. Seems to be getting in the larger fields (90+) and the 10 seater format is well received. So anyway the more of us that push for this, the more likely the 'suits' will make it happen. Dave +1!
    Posted by Grimstar30
    I know what your saying, i like it, but the trouble is we alredy have 2 Deepstacks in the evening... and obviously deepstacks run on for a while, so for the people who dont like to multi table i think this would have a knock on effect to the 7.15 and 8.15 deepstack runners and eventually the GTD prize.
     Personally i wouldnt mind playing both the £10 and £20 as i find doing the £5 deepstack you have to make pretty much top 3 to get your buyins back if you do not back the £20. (if you follow me).

As these are DEEPSTACK tournaments and generally in all poker you find deepstacks are bigger buyins i would like to see the 8.15 changed to this proposed new £10, and hopefully the regular 8.15 players will make the step up.

It could be worth a trial for a week or 2. Im up for the 8.15 £5 to be changed as im not sure if 3 deepstacks everynight would work
  • edited July 2009
    I think it is popular because it is weekly.  As Tikay is currently taking 50% of the buy-in fee in image rights I think he would welcome this move.
  • edited July 2009
    i concur flash but i think they shud b 10 seaters its a far better game . but thats just my opinion.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: £10+1 Daily Sleepstack wanted!:
    It wouldn't get so many runners if Tikay wasn't playing in it each day + if it wasn't highlighted at the top of the MTT page. I think its a nice tournie as it is....it seems now that everyday people are pushing for new tournies without actually thinkin them thru. I couldn't play it last night but hope everyone had fun as it is an enjoyable tournie.
    Posted by scotty77
    This thread was put together on the back of TK's own proposal - presumably the £20 isnt quite getting the field sizes that were first wanted.

Not sure of the massive relevance of TK playing in it everynight. It's obviously great he does take part in the tourneys but i think ppl play for the love of poker not just if there is a star player in it. But I think as Charlie has said that maybe the £5 could change to £10.

See what anyone else thinks.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: £10+1 Daily Sleepstack wanted! : This thread was put together on the back of TK's own proposal - presumably the £20 isnt quite getting the field sizes that were first wanted. Not sure of the massive relevance of TK playing in it everynight. It's obviously great he does take part in the tourneys but i think ppl play for the love of poker not just if there is a star player in it. But I think as Charlie has said that maybe the £5 could change to £10. See what anyone else thinks.
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Absolutly mate!!! I dont think people care if Tikay plays in it, but we all know he is a big fan of deepstacks anyway, so whether it is named after him or what i think you will still find him playing when he can anyway. I do think we should give the £5 a boost up to £10 and see what happens, if its rejected then change it back. But for up to 4 hours play, £10 is still value!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to £10+1 Daily Sleepstack wanted!:
    Hi Guys, Following on from what TK was saying in a related thread, I think it would be a good idea to make the TK Sleepstack a daily event. Seems to be getting in the larger fields (90+) and the 10 seater format is well received. So anyway the more of us that push for this, the more likely the 'suits' will make it happen. Dave +1!
    Posted by Grimstar30
    I agree, got my vote!
  • edited July 2009
    I think it's a good idea as long as it starts around  7 00 - 7 30   so's to get it finished around midnight and not clash to much with the TV schedule  at  9 00
  • edited July 2009

Some confusion here.

As GlumBra noted, I debated it elsewhere. Someone had said £10 + 1 is just right, cheaper than the 7.15 £22 Deepie, & with the 10 seater format, it plays better. I agreed, & said if folks want it, then if we ask nicely, & persistently, Sky Poker will give it to us.

At £10 + £1, with 90 or 100 runners, it looks a good bet to succeed, to me.

But if it went nightly, or even bi-nightly, it should not be the "tikay Deepie", that one should remain a weekly affair.

Any night I'm at home, I'll play any Deepie, so I'm not fussed, but it'd be good to get some better "balance" on the Sirte between slow, medium, & fast structures.
  • edited July 2009
    Sounds good to me, come on people... so yes lets keep the TK special on the Weds

Grimstar AKA Glumbra
  • edited July 2009
    I'd suggest keeping the Tikay Sleepstack to once a week, but (thanks to Orfods blog and your own Grimstar) I have decided not to play just for fun anymore - I have always just played for fun in MTT and SnG. If I need a tenner or whatever to enter a tourney I just pay it and keep doing that. When I win I just use the winnings till they are gone and then pay some more. I'm usually drunk out of my mind when I play as well. While fun, it does not help make a profit ;)

Anyway, keep the TK to once a week,  and I would  also have the deepstacks at £5 and £10 nightly, with the £20 version at maybe twice a week.

Just as an addendum, I put £50 in today and after playing some DYM SnG at maximium entry of £2 and entering £1 or £2 MTT tourneys and coming 8th out of a field of 704 in the freeroll (£2 ...er..great) I am currently running a profit of about...umm...£2.

So far, I am still having fun I guess, and yer I am drunk again. Guess. Need. More. Discipline. To get... excited... about a ...£2 profit.

Go me :)
  • edited July 2009
    I'd suggest keeping the Tikay Sleepstack to once a week, but (thanks to Orfods blog and your own Grimstar) I have decided not to play just for fun anymore - I have always just played for fun in MTT and SnG. If I need a tenner or whatever to enter a tourney I just pay it and keep doing that. When I win I just use the winnings till they are gone and then pay some more. I'm usually drunk out of my mind when I play as well. While fun, it does not help make a profit ;) Anyway, keep the TK to once a week,  and I would  also have the deepstacks at £5 and £10 nightly, with the £20 version at maybe twice a week. Just as an addendum, I put £50 in today and after playing some DYM SnG at maximium entry of £2 and entering £1 or £2 MTT tourneys and coming 8th out of a field of 704 in the freeroll (£2 ...er..great) I am currently running a profit of about...umm...£2. So far, I am still having fun I guess, and yer I am drunk again. Guess. Need. More. D iscipline . To get... excited... about a ...£2 profit. Go me :)
    Posted by Draig
    Very disciplined ;) I am grinding on the 60p dyms oh the joys lol.. but cashed in my last 8 in a row, the grind continues. Keep eye out for my new blog sometime tomorrow/Weekend.
  • edited July 2009

ID LOVE TO SEE £11 DEEPIES ON A DAILY BASIS... ID DEFINATELY PLAY THEM.... SKY DID USED TO HAVE A GREAT MTT STRUCTURE AND IT NEEDS TO COME BACK TO HOW IT WAS....I USED TO ENJOY THE 8PM £200GTD 10 MIN BLIND MTT BUT THAT HAS GOT TAKEN OF THE SCHEDULE A LONG TIME AGO... ANY CHANCE OF BRINGING THAT BACK PLEASE SKY...AS IM SURE U WILL SEE A LOT OF THE USUAL SUSPECTS ON THAT TOURN AS WELL... CHEERS;-)

• edited July 2009
    The field size undoubtedly has something to do with it being weekly, and it having Tikay's name on it. I agree with others who have said that it doesn't necessarily matter if Tikay plays or not. I think if the Tournament has his name on it people will just assume he's playing, and when they find out he's not playing it's too late because the games started.

I think we need to apply a bit of common sense here. The suits have been brilliant over the past couple of months since the introduction of the forum in listening to what we want to see, and providing it. But I think we need to avoid getting carried away and stop asking for new tournaments every day of the week. They have looked after us and given 2 new excellent tourneys (granted one of those hasn't been run yet, but we can be pretty sure the £100 Deepie will be superb) which are probably only going to be played by the well-seasoned players with big bankrolls. Sky still need to think about the newer players with smaller bankrolls, and making the £5 Deepie a £10 Deepie is taking a tournament away from many people. It's easy for us to say "£10 isn't a big jump up from £5" but when we all play £20 tournaments every night it won't seem like one.