You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

APRIL LEAGUE RESULTS.......or lack of.....

LEAGUE STARS TOURNAMENT

162 runners in this tonight. I know this is a FREEROLL and some at Sky Poker think we do not have a right or a leg to stand on if we even consider complaining or moaning about these BUT........

NO FORUM THREAD/POST PUT UP TO NOTIFY PLAYERS WHO HAD QUALIFIED (unless I missed it?)

THIS TOURNAMENT IS NOW JUST A FEEDER FOR ANOTHER TOURNAMENT ENTRY AND IF SKY REALLY DON'T WANT TO ADVERTISE THIS, WHY RUN IT AT ALL?

I REALLY HOPE THAT SKY POKER WILL LISTEN TO SOME OF THE CRITICISM OF THIS NOW AND HOPEFULLY REASSESS THE LEAGUE FORMAT SOONER THAN LATER.

IF, LIKE IT WAS SUGGESTED ON ANOTHER THREAD, I AM IN THE MINORITY, SO BE IT BUT I THINK MY 1st POINT NEEDS A RESPONSE TO AT LEAST.

Alan

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Hey Alan,

I'll pass this thread over and see if i can the results up for you.

Thanks
  • edited May 2010
    The current LS freeroll format is bizarre to say the least.

For a start it is an MTT that qualifies for another MTT, so it's abviously heavily slanted in favour of the top 150 MTT players. There's now very little incentive for cash and STT players to earn league points unless they're chasing a top ten prize. The low number of LS entrants this month says it all.

Secondly, the DS has the highest regular buy-in on the site, 10 of the 50 places are going to be filled from the LS freeroll. So Sky's elite MTT players will do their utmost to get in for free via the LS freeroll, these are people who may otherwise have stumped up £220 for a seat. Net result; the same number of runners, but less seats paid for. 

It would be interesting to know how many of the top 10 finishers in this months LS came from the 150 MTT qualifiers.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to APRIL LEAGUE RESULTS.......or lack of.....:
    LEAGUE STARS TOURNAMENT 162 runners in this tonight. I know this is a FREEROLL and some at Sky Poker think we do not have a right or a leg to stand on if we even consider complaining or moaning about these BUT........ NO FORUM THREAD/POST PUT UP TO NOTIFY PLAYERS WHO HAD QUALIFIED (unless I missed it?) THIS TOURNAMENT IS NOW JUST A FEEDER FOR ANOTHER TOURNAMENT ENTRY AND IF SKY REALLY DON'T WANT TO ADVERTISE THIS, WHY RUN IT AT ALL? I REALLY HOPE THAT SKY POKER WILL LISTEN TO SOME OF THE CRITICISM OF THIS NOW AND HOPEFULLY REASSESS THE LEAGUE FORMAT SOONER THAN LATER. IF, LIKE IT WAS SUGGESTED ON ANOTHER THREAD, I AM IN THE MINORITY, SO BE IT BUT I THINK MY 1st POINT NEEDS A RESPONSE TO AT LEAST. Alan
    Posted by MAXALLY

Hi Alan,

As promised, I've had word from the team about the lack of results posted this month. This was due to an administrative error and the results will be posted on a monthly basis from May onwards.

cheers