You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

this site is so wrong

edited May 2010 in Area 51
hi all. ive bin on fulltilt 4 the last few weeks and done ok. played my bonus money from sky 2nite in the 5.50 9hundred gtd and nothing as changed my AK called by A9 and guess wat? it just dont happen on the other sites like it does on sky....i no it was a race but . how many times does it have to happen to put people off sky?anyway good luck all.del

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Ive seen everything on this place mate and you just HAVE to expect it im afraid,people bang on and on about nothing is rigged and I do not reckon it could possibly be but there is A HECK OF ALOT of bad players that will call with nothing and just keep hittin.Gl my mate dav
  • edited May 2010
    cant believe this has come from a good experienced player.personally id just stay on f/t and not say owt but some people have just got to tell everybody
  • edited May 2010

I watch a lot of the games on fullT and yes it does happen as much on there as it does on other poker sites.....

• edited May 2010
    I've moved to Sky from FT, despite playing a 1000 sng on there I was sick of the bad beats and poor calls which get paid. It happens on all the sites, although so far its not been too bad on here
  • edited May 2010
    It will happen on every single site you play on just as much. If not more on FT and Stars because of the americans who are immune to folding :)

But Good Luck.
  • edited May 2010

"happens on all sites" sums up the situation for me

BUT also in comparing FT and Sky you're (usually) comparing 10 seater vs six max

On the latter you're even more prone to wide calls and any two play when opponants are shorter stacked .....all of which increases the amount of times the better hands are put at risk.

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: this site is so wrong:
    "happens on all sites" sums up the situation for me BUT also in comparing FT and Sky you're (usually) comparing 10 seater vs six max On the latter you're even more prone to wide calls and any two play when opponants are shorter stacked .....all of which increases the amount of times the better hands are put at risk.
    Posted by Dud_Butini
    Have to agree with this. I'm not saying A9 is the nuts but it's far more playable on 6 max than 10. Also you will probably see a difference between FT's 6 max and Sky's. I've not conducted in depth market reasearch on this but i'll take a guess at why you would still see looser calls here. Sky is a friendly place, not known for pro's or even good players (im not saying there are not any, just that it's not known for it's talented player pool). This means that sky is a favourable option for beginers and intermediate players. As newer players play here then you are prone to getting looser calls.

This delivers 2 things - A nice profit for those playing the game correctly (i'm sure this is the top of everybodys reason list for why they play here and not elsewhere)

And more bad beats - You can only get a "Bad Beat" when you go in ahead, as such you will see more Bad Beats when your skill or knowledge level is higher then more of your opponents because your not getting your money in behind :)
  • edited May 2010
    hi all thx for the feed back i take on board wat u have all said and i must point out fulltilt is 9 seaters.good luck see you at the tables and may the poker gods be with tou all.many thx del.