You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

silly calls

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
while playing double your money yesterday i had pocket kings i raised and got called then the flop came down 334 so i went all in and got called. when the cards were turned over the other player had q9 not suited i could not believe he had called with that.then just as i thought i would double up he hit 9 9. i know he is entitled to do this when are sky poker going to sort out some of the muppets that play. this sort of thing puts you of from playing plus it cost me £3.30

Comments

• edited May 2010
    IF THE CARDS WERE FACE UP?? WOULD YOU WANT HIM TO CALL????

YES YOU WOULD!!

SKY NEEDS TO KEEP THESE PLAYERS - ITS WHERE WE GET OUR MONEY FROM!!

WE JUST HAVE TO REMEMBER..... EVERY NOW AND THEN THEY WILL HIT..
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to silly calls:
    while playing double your money yesterday i had pocket kings i raised and got called then the flop came down 334 so i went all in and got called. when the cards were turned over the other player had q9 not suited i could not believe he had called with that.then just as i thought i would double up he hit 9 9. i know he is entitled to do this when are sky poker going to sort out some of the muppets that play. this sort of thing puts you of from playing plus it cost me £3.30
    Posted by buzzerram
    That's unlucky Buzzer, that's a real thin one.

What exactly do you suggest Sky Poker should do to "sort this out" if I may ask?

By the way, your pre-flop odds were about 85% - 15%, & Post-Flop you were about 99.3% to win.

On that basis, you win the Post-Flop coup 993 times out of a 1,000, & you'd soon be a millionaire if you could repeat the play 1,000 times. Which, personally, I'd say was a pretty good deal, so I'd want him to call 1,000 times in that spot! I know we all want to win all the time, but I don't mind letting Matey Boy win 7 times in a 1,000 if he wants to keep making that play. It's "cake" & "eat it", really. Let him win a few times, & you can win a lot of times - that's gotta be reasonable, eh? 

• edited May 2010
    Jeez i wish i could get players to call me with that all day long.

PS why dont SKY put 5 of these on my table its not fair.lol dav
  • edited May 2010

even four of those and buzzerram

• edited May 2010
    Frustrating but don't let it get ya down M8t, plod on to next game, good luck, John
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: silly calls:
    In Response to silly calls : That's unlucky Buzzer, that's a real thin one. What exactly do you suggest Sky Poker should do to "sort this out" if I may ask? By the way, your pre-flop odds were about 85% - 15%, & Post-Flop you were about 99.3% to win. On that basis, you win the Post-Flop coup 993 times out of a 1,000, & you'd soon be a millionaire if you could repeat the play 1,000 times. Which, personally, I'd say was a pretty good deal, so I'd want him to call 1,000 times in that spot! I know we all want to win all the time, but I don't mind letting Matey Boy win 7 times in a 1,000 if he wants to keep making that play. It's "cake" & "eat it", really. Let him win a few times, & you can win a lot of times - that's gotta be reasonable, eh? 
    Posted by Tikay10
    hi tikay i agree with what you are saying but when it happens its so frustrating but i,ve cooled down now.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: silly calls : hi tikay i agree with what you are saying but when it happens its so frustrating but i,ve cooled down now.
    Posted by buzzerram
    No worries chap, & it's fully understandable. Win the next 993 of them!

It's been pointed out to me that the odds poast-flop were 99.4%, not 99.3%, so it's even better than I suggested!

Take care man.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to silly calls:
    Posted by buzzerram
    The best way to combat this is to do what I & most others do. Make a note on them & then actively seek them out when you want a game. This works particularly well in cash games as I've taken back all the money I've lost on sick outdraws with interest. Plus I find that doing this negates the need for getting annoyed & consequently losing more through tilting.

Good luck at the tables.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to silly calls : The best way to combat this is to do what I & most others do. Make a note on them & then actively seek them out when you want a game. This works particularly well in cash games as I've taken back all the money I've lost on sick outdraws with interest. Plus I find that doing this negates the need for getting annoyed & consequently losing more through tilting. Good luck at the tables.
    Posted by silentbob[/QUOTE

THIS
  • edited May 2010

very unlucky, silent bob you dont need to seek them out there are plenty all over just play any table !!! and yes I to have been sucked out once again with someone hoping to hit!  
    AQ vs KQ