You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Monday PTP, Omaha Tourneys galore.

2»

Comments

• edited May 2010

Not sure how many runners these £30 Gtd £5.50 Omaha Tourneys usually get, but tonight's tally was.....

7.15 - 24

8,15 - 17

9.15 - 23

10.15 - 28

We'll build these Omaha Tourneys into decent fields yet, never give up!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Monday PTP, Omaha Tourneys galore.:
    In Response to Re: Monday PTP, Omaha Tourneys galore. : +1. We gotta do it again, eh?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Without a doubt :)

Tikay, I know you get about a billion questions a day so I would normally not bother you but I'm going to ;)  Is there any plans for Omaha to be shown on 865 any time soon.  Even if it was a tourny or a mastercash once every one or two months it would really help boost the numbers of players here.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Monday PTP, Omaha Tourneys galore. : Without a doubt :)Tikay, I know you get about a billion questions a day so I would normally not bother you but I'm going to ;)  Is there any plans for Omaha to be shown on 865 any time soon.  Even if it was a tourny or a mastercash once every one or two months it would really help boost the numbers of players here.
    Posted by TommyD
    Not that I'm aware of or know of Tommy, you've seen that software kit in the Studio, it's well clever stuff, but I don't see any chance of it being adapted to the 4 card game in the foreseeable future, as despite what you or I may think, Omaha will always be a game played by a minority, as it's such a different skillset to NLH.

But do we need to? We've managed some half-decent fields & significant numnber uplifts this evening simply by doing a Thread & revving the guys up. We can repeat that trick, & build the numbers over time, don't you reckon?
  • edited May 2010
    Only entered the 10.15 as I was a card rack in the team event and came second for £25 (£25 in a freeroll - love it).  Also ran well in the 8.00 Bh eventually going out 15th for about £50 and was HU in the £220 qf sat (which I eventually lost but got £9.60 back) so was not really concentrating in the PLO and simply threw my chips away.  Would like to play more plo tourneys but there is always too much to choose from.  Thanks Tikay.
  • edited May 2010

WOW.....or HOW?........but my 1st real dabble in omaha and this.......

1eatmyset - £57.50 + 20 League Points2MAXALLY - £34.50 + 16 League Points3SHY-BOY - £23 + 12 League Points4DNB-YTFC - 8 League Points5Machka - 4 League Points

I did enjoy that even though I wasnt 100% sure what I was doing (ask Gregg, lol)

I might just play that game again :))))))
  • edited May 2010
    Only entered the 10.15 as I was a card rack in the team event and came second for £25 (£25 in a freeroll - love it).  Also ran well in the 8.00 Bh eventually going out 15th for about £50 and was HU in the £220 qf sat (which I eventually lost but got £9.60 back) so was not really concentrating in the PLO and simply threw my chips away.  Would like to play more plo tourneys but there is always too much to choose from.  Thanks Tikay.
    Posted by SoLack
    Wow, I don't hear that comment every day. You'll get shot by the Moany-Woany Brigade if you carry on like that!
  • edited May 2010
    WOW.....or HOW?........but my 1st real dabble in omaha and this....... 1 eatmyset - £57.50 + 20 League Points 2 MAXALLY - £34.50 + 16 League Points 3 SHY-BOY - £23 + 12 League Points 4 DNB-YTFC - 8 League Points 5 Machka - 4 League Points I did enjoy that even though I wasnt 100% sure what I was doing (ask Gregg, lol) I might just play that game again :))))))
    Posted by MAXALLY
    N1 Alan, delighted for you.

I watched you for a bit - you should play play more Omaha, you could be very good, you seem to have a great "feel" for the oddities of the 4 card game.
  • edited May 2010

That's me done, 5th in the 10.15 Omaha after some painful double binkage in with 6 left.

Great evening's poker fun that.

TommyD is running over the Table in the 10,.15 with 4 left, GL him.