You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A problem with poker tables, or possibly I.E.

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
An internet Explorer dialogue box keeps poping up saying "Are you sure you want to navagate away from this page (OK or Cancel)"

This has been happening this past week, every time a new table opens, and randomly throughout every game, somtimes 4 or 5 times in as many minutes.
Anyone else getting this problem, or know how to fix it? Its truly annoying.

P.S. we could do with a Community Technical Help thread in this forum.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    I'm using Windows Vista and IE 8 and I've had no problems as yet.  Only slight issue I've got is the Cancel and Confirm boxes are on top of each other when I register for a tournament, but that's a Sky Poker layout issue and not IE.  Sorry, Stan, I wouldn't know how to fix your IE problem.
  • edited July 2009
    I did get that a couple of times a few days ago, but not since (just when I was first launching the tournament I'd registered in). To be honest I assumed it was a mis-click from me but maybe it wasn't? Not had it since though (think it was at the weekend when I got it).

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: A problem with poker tables, or possibly I.E.:
    I'm using Windows Vista and IE 8 and I've had no problems as yet.  Only slight issue I've got is the Cancel and Confirm boxes are on top of each other when I register for a tournament, but that's a Sky Poker layout issue and not IE.  Sorry, Stan, I wouldn't know how to fix your IE problem.
    Posted by Taller_Guy
    Yer, im using IE8 too, and I also had the problem you described above,
    I fixed this be pressing the compatablity mode button.

• edited July 2009
    I have been getting it on launching but am using firefox so not ie issue
  • edited July 2009
    yes m8 im having it 2,but only if i open 3 tables ,then everything is so slow,so i only play 2 now ,dont ask me y ive no idea
  • edited July 2009
    Well, it's getting worse for me, about 15 to 20 times a game. I count 20 in the FiveO) tonight.
    And it happens EVERY game..
  • edited July 2009
    I have been getting it with multipule tables open... but with a single table no problems at all....!?
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by Taller_Guy
     I have exactly the same proplem as you, with the boxes on top of each other, their is just that fraction of confirm sticking out above cancel,although its behind cancel, i just carefully click on that bit. ive got used to it now . about 3 weeks i think its been there. i rang sky at the time and they said theres a slight incompatability between sky and the new i e 8. i also keep being asked to do something else with I E 8 (not on the poker sight) so i just keep pressing the ask me later button.Im a bit of a computer dummy, and worried something else might go wrong if i accept more from IE8.
  • edited July 2009

If you press the compatibility button as I've shown above, it will fix this..

More about it here!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: A problem with poker tables, or possibly I.E. : Yer, im using IE8 too, and I also had the problem you described above, I fixed this be pressing the compatablity mode button.
    Posted by SolidStan1
    Thanks alot SolidStan1. Ive just tried that button you said and it worked fine, problem solved. I would have had no idea what a compatability mode button is or was, or where it was your diagram did the trick. thanks again.
  • edited August 2009
    Yes, thanks a lot for that stan.  It all seems to be working fine now.  Hope you get your problem sorted, though.  It sounds a right pain!
  • edited August 2009
    In the old days 'compatibility' (with previous versions) was a basic design requirement for new versions of browsers or even OS's, not something that needed to be selected via a software switch lol. Gotta love MS.
    IBM's OS400 never had a 'compatibility mode' and it never had 'professional' (whatever the heck that nonsense means) or 'home' versions, it just did the job perfectly.
    End of programmer-from-the-olden-times-anti-modern-computer-software rant :-D lol