You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Which is better? Please settle this issue...

edited May 2010 in The Shed
Sorry I think they are both bobbins! If I had them on DVD Id use them as coasters!

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Of these two films which one do you think is the better....   Dumb and Dumber or There's something about Mary?

There is some clueless guy/monkey who seems to think one is much better than the other and that what is actually a great comedy with a great soundtrack too is really bad.

I won't say which to remain impartial.

No smartypants answers asking for a 3rd option because you have not seen them, everybody has seen dumb and dumber!
  • edited May 2010
    Dumb and Dumber ftw
  • edited May 2010
    nobody is saying they are the best ever.

just out of these 2, which one has the edge.

it's obviously a no brainer as one is really funny, while the other has 1 good scene, one has a great sound track the other is tedious.

they both have really nice leading actresses, but red heads have the edge surely?
  • edited May 2010
    Dumb and Dumber is just for people that are dumb ... i had it on in the background last night and had to mute it because it made me lose my erectionn
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Which is better? Please settle this issue...:
    Dumb and Dumber is just for people that are dumb ... i had it on in the background last night and had to mute it because it made me lose my erectionn
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    What happened to being impartial and not trying to manipulate the votes with propaganda?

What should be a honest debate is quickly turning into a popularity contest with you mentioning your genitals as an obvious lure to a certian percentage of the shed population!
  • edited May 2010
    I think Dumb and Dumber is a brilliant film and well funny. Especially the blind boy with the bird lol.

Just my opinion though. If others don't find it funny thats up to them. Forums for everyones opinions.......even mine lol.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm just being honest, i have a picture of the moment it got muted

I can't believe that you have people voting for that garbage, it really was the worse film iv seen in ages, its for kids surely?

• edited May 2010
    Oh how strange... you have 1 vote (your vote) then you mention your secret weapon and suddenly I come on and you have 6 votes!

I didn't know people were so fickle..  do they not know about your op and how it doesnt work properly anymore when it is raining?
  • edited May 2010
    Oh how strange... you have 1 vote (your vote) then you mention your secret weapon and suddenly I come on and you have 6 votes! I didn't know people were so fickle..  do they not know about your op and how it doesnt work properly anymore when it is raining?
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Yeah but the opposite happens when its a sunny day like today ........Waheyyy

Anyway whats going on, that rubbish is winning

Come on forum vote for Mary, its 100 times better 

How you get the beans above the frank?
  • edited May 2010
    Whats actually funny in Mary?  The dog...?

well in Dumb and Dumber they have a van that is decorated like a dog!
  • edited May 2010
    There is too many funny things in Something About Mary to mention
  • edited May 2010
    Deffo Something about Mary!
  • edited May 2010
    There is too many funny things in Something About Mary to mention
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    Sure you got the right movie?

I have been told that 2 of your votes are down to "Lucy4" and "quagmire72" thinking that it was another series similar to Miriam and they would have really voted for Dumb and Dumber had they not been so excited
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Which is better? Please settle this issue... : Sure you got the right movie? I have been told that 2 of your votes are down to "Lucy4" and "quagmire72" thinking that it was another series similar to Miriam and they would have really voted for Dumb and Dumber had they not been so excited
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    i bow in your presence oh great one, your powers of perception are remakable.
  • edited May 2010
    personally if i had the choice of watching those two films or sticking my man veg in a blender...the blender would win every time!!!
  • edited May 2010
    Something about mary walks this one i'm affraid, never been a fan of Dumb And Dumber

Something about Mary is low Brow humour but Dumb & Dumber is just infantile  
  • edited May 2010
    you two get your clothes off and sort it out proper in miyagis vegetable garden will ya
    i voted dumber not seen the mary one
  • edited May 2010
    you two get your clothes off and sort it out proper in miyagis vegetable garden will ya i voted dumber not seen the mary one
    Posted by stokefc
    good stuff

it isn't worth watching either. 
  • edited May 2010
    Forget them both - just watch 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang'. Some great songs in that. "Me old bamboo, me old bamboo, you better never bother with me old bamboo..........." (you've been warned)
  • edited May 2010
    Forget them both - just watch 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang'. Some great songs in that. "Me old bamboo, me old bamboo, you better never bother with me old bamboo..........." (you've been warned)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    just vote for dumb and dumber like anyone with any sense and self respect has.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Which is better? Please settle this issue...:
    Of these two films which one do you think is the better....   Dumb and Dumber or There's something about Mary? There is some clueless guy/monkey who seems to think one is much better than the other and that what is actually a great comedy with a great soundtrack too is really bad. I won't say which to remain impartial. No smartypants answers asking for a 3rd option because you have not seen them, everybody has seen dumb and dumber!
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    two very bad films why not try two films such as true romance and pulp fiction or shawshank redemption vs an innocent man and make it a bit harder
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Which is better? Please settle this issue... : two very bad films why not try two films such as true romance and pulp fiction or shawshank redemption vs an innocent man and make it a bit harder
    Posted by RAB642
    because we both agree pulp fiction, shawshank redemption are good films.. true romance so-so..

However this fool believes There's something about Mary is one of the best comedy films ever, I simply told him it isnt and Dumb and Dumber is better than that and I don't even think Dumb and Dumber is the best.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Which is better? Please settle this issue... : because we both agree pulp fiction, shawshank redemption are good films.. true romance ..so so.... However this fool believes There's something about Mary is one of the best comedy films ever, I simply told him it isnt and Dumb and Dumber is better than that and I don't even think Dumb and Dumber is the best.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    i think you have just lost your argument if you think that is a so so film. tell me about the itialians.
  • edited May 2010
    Everyones not getting the point, Miyagi and I both know these are not the two best films ever made, it was just a disagreement we had about which of these two films was better 
    I'm obviously right and whoever voted for dumb and dumber is a mentalist
  • edited May 2010
    Everyones not getting the point, Miyagi and I both know these are not the two best films ever made, it was just a disagreement we had about which of these two films was better  I'm obviously right and whoever voted for dumb and dumber is a mentalist
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    err the numbers don't lie!

as for True Romance, it does have loads of top actors in it and big stars and is worth watching if theres nothing else on. But I wouldn't miss an episode of emmerdale to watch it.
  • edited May 2010
    Everyones not getting the point, Miyagi and I both know these are not the two best films ever made, it was just a disagreement we had about which of these two films was better  I'm obviously right and whoever voted for dumb and dumber is a mentalist
    Posted by HuFlungPu

I voted for Dumb & Dumber cos its a right laugh. As opposed to the other 'chick flick' garbage.

However, i think that Miyagi was kind to say that true romance was ok because i think it was sh />it.

Takes all sorts i suppose lol.