You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poets' Progress

Well done to the two poets who managed top 40 spots - MrHappy38 and Sweetylady

Honourable mention to team skip Lastpoet22 who just fell short of the bubble.

Very enjoyable start to the campaign.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Well played to both of you.

The team standing after the 1st leg.

1   2   3  4   5TOTALLastpoet220.00 0.00   0.00MrHappy381.00 0.00   1.00THFC4EVA0.00 0.00   0.00Sweetylady1.00 0.00   1.00Dud_Butini0.00 0.00   0.00Tiggerovnh0.00 0.00   0.00Logybear280.00 1.50   1.50Willmint0.00 0.00   0.00SAFIRA0.00 0.00   0.00apollo_110.00 0.00   0.00
  • edited May 2010
    regged early forgot start was at 7:00 by the time i logged in at 7:47 i was out with the blinds going up so fast sorry try again tomozz to get here on time

• edited May 2010
    might i say well played to mr happy who was very unlucky with his final few hands see you all 2moro
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Poets' Progress:
    might i say well played to mr happy who was very unlucky with his final few hands see you all 2moro
    Posted by sweetylady
    Hi

I need to offer you an apology, you typed in GG at the end of our HU in a DYM, I treid to type back, but my PC had frozen, so, sorry
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Poets' Progress:
    Well done to the two poets who managed top 40 spots - MrHappy38 and Sweetylady
    Posted by Dud_Butini
    Today I must praise MrHappy38 and SweetyLady
    Yesterday both of them were more than ready

Why they ended up on the same table is beyond me
    Let's not think of Area 51 but rather of being unlucky

Tonight will see further wins for the Poets
    And a lot more money in our pockets

Be careful if you join us at a table
    As our strength is not a fable

• edited May 2010
    Let's hope we go far

in Omaha.

............... or bump

to get us back on the front page.

Personally not my strongest game...... kind of from the Richard Orford school of omaha myself.....but I suspect many others are in the same boat so no reason why we shouldn't look to climb the table tonight

Good luck to all the Poets.
  • edited May 2010
    In the first game the Poets had nine entrants and managed an average position of 82.8 in the 203 field.

Not a bad all round start - but definitely giving us some decent wiggle room for improvement.
  • edited May 2010
    well played team i wanted to rail you all after i got it so wrong and was dumped out in 116th  but the kids started playing up so had to log out.. im not to bad at omaha so feeling pretty confident. lets kick sum bu.tt my fellow poets............ BRING IT ON..... see you all there and good luck...
  • edited May 2010
    Nine Poets safely registered for Leg 2.

Only last night's non runner "SAFIRA" still to sign in.

Hope he or she can make it a 100% turn out.
  • edited May 2010
    Very well done to logybear28 who finished 27 with a win of £1.50

I have updated the league table.
  • edited May 2010
     well done on the cash tonight logybear well played
  • edited May 2010

BUMP!!!

Excellent work by Logy last night to ensure we were represented on the scoreboard again.

Dave's Destroyers have certainly shown how the league table can change drastically in one night.....let's hope tonight's the night for the Poets!

I've got a few tourneys scattered about various sites tonight so I may not get to rail .....but the game itself will certainly have my full attention.

Something about team games that give them an extra edge - full marks to Sky for this terrific idea. Let's hope they can repeat the exercise in the future.

GO POETS!

• edited May 2010
    cant make it tonight out for drink and darts
  • edited May 2010
    cant make it tonight out for drink and darts
    Posted by willmint
    Have one for me then !

Max

• edited May 2010
    well played logybear. i busted out to early for my liking lol the ironic thing is i went on to win the 7.15 omaha tourney. would  have preffered to win for the team . anyway will be trying my hardest tonight to put things right.. gl team......
  • edited May 2010
    well done logybear last night.... and tonight will be interesting... 1 min blinds suicide poker
  • edited May 2010
    wp sweetlady and dud three in the top 40 

• edited May 2010
    again ran in to a a
  • edited May 2010
    Well played to sweetylady, Dud_Butini and mrhappy38 who all cashed tonight.

The league table so far is:

Sweetylady       1.00 0.00 2.00   TOTAL 3.00
    mrhappy38      1.00 0.00 1.00   TOTAL 2.00
    Dud_Butini        0.00 0.00 1.50  TOTAL 1.50
    logybear28       0.00 1.50 0.00   TOTAL 1.50

The rest of the team have played there part with playing and railing the cashers but have not been in the cash yet.
  • edited May 2010
    again ran in to a a
    Posted by mrhappy38
    You must be sick of the sight of AA.
  • edited May 2010
    it's getting that way

• edited May 2010

I'm happy to report that HAYLZ will join us
    For the team, that will be a plus.

• edited May 2010
    thats good news.
  • edited May 2010
    on tonights tourney, i was a little unlucky to not cash for more because my table broke up and was I moved to the blinds and ended up all in with cards i would have folded ....if only it had been the dealer button lol.

on a seperate note well done to tiggerovnh who came 15th in the fb freeroll and dud_butini who managed to final table and was unlucky to only finish 3rd.
  • edited May 2010

on tonights tourney, i was a little unlucky to not cash for more because my table broke up and was I moved to the blinds and ended up all in with cards i would have folded ....if only it had been the dealer button lol. on a seperate note well done to tiggerovnh who came 17th in the fb freeroll and dud_butini who managed to final table and was unlucky to only finish 3rd.
    Posted by sweetylady

Quite an eventful night all round - had three tourneys on the go along with the fb freeroll or else I could have responded to the highly entertaining chat box going on- Mr Miyagi and HuFlungPu in partic.

Best part of the evening of course was scoring some cash/points for the Poets - as Apollo says we've certainly got the right spirit going on in this team.

Well done Skip in securing our new Poet.

GL tomorrow night everyone.

• edited May 2010
    congrats to all Poets who cashed in any format..looks like a good night.
  • edited May 2010
    Well played to sweetylady, Dud_Butini and mrhappy38 who all cashed tonight. The league table so far is: Sweetylady       1.00 0.00 2.00   TOTAL 3.00 mrhappy38      1.00 0.00 1.00   TOTAL 2.00 Dud_Butini        0.00 0.00 1.50  TOTAL 1.50 logybear28       0.00 1.50 0.00   TOTAL 1.50 The rest of the team have played there part with playing and railing the cashers but have not been in the cash yet.
    Posted by apollo_11
    well done all
  • edited May 2010
    Now that we are back to ten players
    Other teams should start saying their prayers

Tonight we will win the bounties
    And people will talk about us in all counties

• edited May 2010
    Well done to all last night in all the games . It was a good night for the poets.
    Let us take as many bounties as possible tonight and get moving up the leader board.
  • edited May 2010
    Well done to all last night in all the games . It was a good night for the poets. Let us take as many bounties as possible tonight and get moving up the leader board.
    Posted by apollo_11
    pssstt its not a bounty hunter no more