You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Capellos 30 man squad

Comments

• edited May 2010

England's 30-man provisional squad for the World Cup finals:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green.

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock.

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Forwards: Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney.

Bet thats making the Spanish and Brazillians scared NOT!!!!

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Capellos 30 man squad:
    England's 30-man provisional squad for the World Cup finals: Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green. Defenders: Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock. Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips. Forwards: Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney. Bet thats making the Spanish and Brazillians scared NOT!!!!
    Posted by 35suited
    There are a few in there that will worry the best in the world
  • edited May 2010
    Ok im assuming walcott is a joke? if i was the manager of Afghanastan i wouldnt want walcott in my team.

Carrick has had an awfull season pains me to say that being a manu fan, i really expected him to be one of our best players this year, now im not even sure if he wil be playing for us.

Rooney has had an awesom season but since his first injury a few weeks ago dont think he has scored, hes been of form, I know hes not been 100% fit can just prey that he is by time it starts.

Lampard and Milner have both had excellenet seasons, i do hope milner starts but very much doubt it, b ut would either get in the Spanish midfeild if of course they were Spanish? I doubt it.

Gerrard and Ferdidnand have both struggle for form this season, Ferdidnand with his injuries has been nothing like his best.  Gerrard has blown hot and cold, if both play at there best then yes i agree these are world class.

Terry i think is oneof the biggest over rated players of all time, he'd still be in my England defence if I was manager but dont rate him like everyone else does.

Cole I hate, anyone cheating on the lovely Cheryl deserves to be stabbed not playing for england, but I'm glad he is as our cover at left back really sucks.

If our so called "star" palyers play at there best then we will have a chance but most of them are on poor form.

I really hope im prooved wrong, ill still be betting them to win it, just really cant see it happening :(

Gareth
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Capellos 30 man squad:
    Ok im assuming walcott is a joke? if i was the manager of Afghanastan i wouldnt want walcott in my team. Carrick has had an awfull season pains me to say that being a manu fan, i really expected him to be one of our best players this year, now im not even sure if he wil be playing for us. Rooney has had an awesom season but since his first injury a few weeks ago dont think he has scored, hes been of form, I know hes not been 100% fit can just prey that he is by time it starts. Lampard and Milner have both had excellenet seasons, i do hope milner starts but very much doubt it, b ut would either get in the Spanish midfeild if of course they were Spanish? I doubt it. Gerrard and Ferdidnand have both struggle for form this season, Ferdidnand with his injuries has been nothing like his best.  Gerrard has blown hot and cold, if both play at there best then yes i agree these are world class. Terry i think is oneof the biggest over rated players of all time, he'd still be in my England defence if I was manager but dont rate him like everyone else does. Cole I hate, anyone cheating on the lovely Cheryl deserves to be stabbed not playing for england, but I'm glad he is as our cover at left back really sucks. If our so called "star" palyers play at there best then we will have a chance but most of them are on poor form. I really hope im prooved wrong, ill still be betting them to win it, just really cant see it happening :( Gareth
    Posted by 35suited
    Some Good Shouts there Gareth.....Picking only 4 strikers + Heskey would be worrying, especially if Rooney might not be 100% fit.
  • edited May 2010
    The defence and keepers are as good as they could get.. I am sure 6-7 years ago England had about 6 top keepers where have they gone?

As for the midfield some really deserve their chance like Milner, Parker, but what about Ashley Young? I would take him over Lennon and Walcott.    Both are good on their day and have pace but they are few and far between with all the injuries. Young would cause big problems for defences.

The strikers are weak too Crouch and Rooney should be there, and Defoe is ok back up. Another Villa player Agbonlahor should be in the team.
  • edited May 2010
    LENNON,JOHNSON AND WRIGHT PHILLIPS ARE ALL RIGHTWINGERS WE ONLY HAVE 1 LEFT FOOTED MIDFIELD PLAYER BARRY I KNOW WE USUALLY PLAY WITH COLE PROVIDING THE WIDTH ON THE LEFT BUT THE SQUAD PLAYERS SHOULD GIVE AN ALTERNATIVE OR PLAN B OPTION. SO FOR ME DOWNING WHO HAS FINALLY HAD A DECENT SEASON SHOULD BE IN FOR WRIGHT PHILLIPS WHO CANT GET PAST JOHNSON IN THE CITY SIDE.

IM GUESSING THE 7 TO DROP OUT WILL BE

PARKER (UNLESS BARRYS CROCKED)
    WARNOCK
    UPSON
    HUDDLESTONE
    BENT (SHOULD BE IN AHEAD OF HESKY BUT WONT BE)
    WRIGHT PHILLIPS

THINK FIFA SAY YOU HAVE TO HAVE 3 KEEPERS OR I WOULD HAVE BENT IN FOR HART

• edited May 2010
    Walcott will be there because his pace can tear apart any team. (and no i'm not an Arsenal Fan lol). He's not going to play every game but as an impact player i think you have to take him. He is a different option not more of the same, he's not cover he's something they won't want to deal with.

There's a saying which is form is temporary and class is permanent - that's what i believe you will see from the likes of Carrick, Ferdinand, Rooney etc - They will all be well up for the world cup and i really think we can expect some good performances from all these players. (However i am not deluded enough to think that we will win th ewhole tournament)

We can go far my friend lol
  • edited May 2010

Still think He has missed a trick by not including Delap.

A wee moustache and renaming him "Ramon Diaz" could have worked.

• edited May 2010
    I just hope that someone assassinates
    Emily Heskey in the next couple of weeks.
    I cannot believe he has even made it this far.
    Surely we could also make do with just 2 keepers
    so we can have an extra out field player,get rid of
    David James please.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Capellos 30 man squad:
    I just hope that someone assassinates Emily Heskey in the next couple of weeks. I cannot believe he has even made it this far. Surely we could also make do with just 2 keepers so we can have an extra out field player,get rid of David James please.
    Posted by STEVEMAX
    THINK YOU HAVE TO HAVE 3 KEEPERS THATS WHY FIFA CHANGED THE SQUAD SIZE FROM 22 TO 23 I VAUGLY REMEMBER ONE TEAM ONLY TAKING 1 WHO GOT INJURED SO THEY WERE ALLOWED TO FLY ANOUTHER ONE OUT SO THEY PUT IN THE RULE TO STOP THAT