You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Any way to stop tables closing?

When your not involved on the table and are just watching or railing is there any way to leave the table open permanently?

It is especially anoying if you are in an mtt and watching other tables that your friends are on, if you get involved in a hand on your table you sometimes miss the "do you want to leave this table open" box and then it is a hassle to look through the lobby and find them again.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Any way to stop tables closing?:
    When your not involved on the table and are just watching or railing is there any way to leave the table open permanently? It is especially anoying if you are in an mtt and watching other tables that your friends are on, if you get involved in a hand on your table you sometimes miss the "do you want to leave this table open" box and then it is a hassle to look through the lobby and find them again.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi

lolufold must know the answer to this! That or he is a monstrous machine.
  • edited May 2010
    i was just coming on here to post this lol
  • edited May 2010

Guess there isn't.

• edited May 2010
    I'm afraid there isn't Mr Miyagi.

we have to set those restriction due to site performance issues. The current time limit is 10 minutes. If you guys would like to debate this, we'd be more than happy to consider the feedback.
  • edited May 2010
    It's no real major problem Rich, just a bit of a nuisance if you want to go back to watch the table as you have to open the lobby back again, find the player and then watch the table.

It wouldn't be so bad if the tab flashed when the 30 second timer comes like it flashes if it is your hand and you have the table closes. But it doesn't it waits until your not looking then sneaks off.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Any way to stop tables closing?:
    I'm afraid there isn't Mr Miyagi. we have to set those restriction due to site performance issues. The current time limit is 10 minutes. If you guys would like to debate this, we'd be more than happy to consider the feedback.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich,

I have posted elsewhere something that is a major problem.  The new update has made the lobby windows timeout after 10 minutes also.  Now if you are in a 4 hour tourny like most of the main events that would mean you have to press the continue button 24 times during the tourny and what's worse is that it pops up the lobby window over the table.  This can't be a sensible option surely?

Wouldn't it make sense to have either a slider to decide on the timeout period, up to an hour, or just timeout windows when the tourny finishes or the table is emptied?
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Any way to stop tables closing?:
    In Response to Re: Any way to stop tables closing? : Hi Rich, I have posted elsewhere something that is a major problem.  The new update has made the lobby windows timeout after 10 minutes also.  Now if you are in a 4 hour tourny like most of the main events that would mean you have to press the continue button 24 times during the tourny and what's worse is that it pops up the lobby window over the table.  This can't be a sensible option surely? Wouldn't it make sense to have either a slider to decide on the timeout period, up to an hour, or just timeout windows when the tourny finishes or the table is emptied?
    Posted by Machka

Thanks for the feedback - I'll pass this on to the rest of the team ASAP