You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How do you do it????

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
Multi table that is, Just had 2 on the go and i couldnt keep up at all.

was in final 3 of a 10 seater sit and go when i folded this hand by mistake was meant to fold on my other tbl
35suited Small blind 75.00 75.00 3245.00
JAEGERBOMB Big blind  150.00 225.00 3205.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

GREGHOGG Fold     
35suited Raise  525.00 750.00 2720.00
JAEGERBOMB All-in  3205.00 3955.00 0.00
35suited Fold     
JAEGERBOMB Muck     
JAEGERBOMB Win  3955.00  3955.00
Whilst making numerous mistakes on my other table, how people manage to do 10 tables+ at the same time ill never know just being able to do 2 would be nice.

Gareth

Comments

• edited May 2010
    GOOD FOLD... JAGER IS A LUCK BOX AND PROB HAD A5 OFF... HE WOULD HAVE HIT HIS ACE ON RIVER
  • edited May 2010
    I can't multi table either. However when  do have a strong hand on one like pocket K's I don't look back at the other tables until that hand is done with.
  • edited May 2010

Natural ability and practice.

I started playing poker 3 and half years ago, pretty much straight away I was 4 tabling. I then added another then another. When Sky first started I used to 8 table on one 17" CRT with an awful resolution and a PC that wasnt really up to it, no idea how I did that.

I have 18 tabled Sky but after a hour was exhausted.

I enjoy multi tabling, its down to personal preference. Play the amount of tables that you enjoy the most.

• edited May 2010
    personally i dont multi table tournaments if im playing cash then i will multi table but in sit and go's and mtt's i dont multi table
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: How do you do it????:
    I have 18 tabled Sky but after a hour was exhausted.
    Not an iota of criticism, *impressed*, intrigued though...

...won't this, over time, lead to more "abc" poker though, and an inability to gauge your opponents level/behaviour - is this cash, STT or MTT? 

Thanks, Dan
  • edited May 2010
    What level did u start at AJS? - and how long in weeks/months, did it take you to beat the level and move up? 

(the 50nl level...)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: How do you do it???? : Not an iota of criticism, *impressed*, intrigued though... ...won't this, over time, lead to more "abc" poker though, and an inability to gauge your opponents level/behaviour - is this cash, STT or MTT?  Thanks, Dan
    Posted by dtm75
    Too many tables will lead to not improving and badly played abc poker, just got to find right amount that you enjoy and still play well.
  • edited May 2010
    What level did u start at AJS? - and how long in weeks/months, did it take you to beat the level and move up?  (the 50nl level...)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hard to say as I played on and off as I used to have a time consuming job, sometimes even went  2 months without playing at all.

Never took me too long to beat a level, but hardest thing I remember moving from 50 to 100NL was I couldnt get my head around losing over £100 on one hand of poker. But now I play 100nl when not enough bigger tables going and it feels like spare change.