You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Your ideal/nightmare on-line poker playing conditions?

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
My ideal ;

Semi-boozy. Dutch courage just kicking in.
Empty house.
Some quality tunes on. (Rap does it for me on poker playing nights, but each to their own.)
TV off. TV, definitely off.
No work next day.
Hibs won last game.
Somebody getting lippy in the chat box.

My worst :

Very boozy. Too much Dutch courage. Bluffs get sussed very quickly.
Hungover. Every bet's a scared bet.
Sleep-over with 4 10yos running about screaming. Not good.
Trying to simultaneously watch football on tv.
Hibs succumbing to a 6-2 lead when I had money on them.
Hearts supporters in the chat box. (Good guys most I've met, but I just instinctively go all in every hand against them because I'm 20:80 to knock them out at worse)

Comments

• edited May 2010
    lol...
    my ideal is DIY SOS on TV cos I seem to win when it's on, dogs and kids asleep, that's about it cos I never ever have ideal!

normal conditions....the 3 kids messing around...the dobe & golden retriever running through the room wrestling! Ice-cream van blaring outside, phone going, kids knocking on door.

the other day a customer turned up at the door at 9pm...i had to leave 4 tables all on the bubble running as they chatted to me, thank god when I got back in the room my hubby had managed to take over!
    and...omg the most scarey one (on a different site) was me having to run out to get my kid from a RAF cadets thing in town early...when i got back my 10 year old was 'helping' finish my £10 game!!!!! The funniest bit was he was still in it and when I grabbed it off him I went straight out!!!!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Your ideal/nightmare on-line poker playing conditions?:
    My ideal ; Semi-boozy. Dutch courage just kicking in. Empty house. Some quality tunes on. (Rap does it for me on poker playing nights, but each to their own.) TV off. TV, definitely off. No work next day. Hibs won last game. Somebody getting lippy in the chat box. My worst : Very boozy. Too much Dutch courage. Bluffs get sussed very quickly. Hungover. Every bet's a scared bet. Sleep-over with 4 10yos running about screaming. Not good. Trying to simultaneously watch football on tv. Hibs succumbing to a 6-2 lead when I had money on them. Hearts supporters in the chat box. (Good guys most I've met, but I just instinctively go all in every hand against them because I'm 20:80 to knock them out at worse)
    Posted by bandini
    Quality
  • edited May 2010
    do u ever get your ideal conditions though Bandini? lol
  • edited May 2010
    Nightmare senario would be
    1. playing in a mirrored room with the paperazzy in the audiance and a see through poker table made of glass
    2. Power cut just as im heads up on the final table with pocket As and the guys gone all in.
    3. Dying for a number 2 on the break and iv got no toilette paper
    4. Playing in a live game with the kray twins
    5. I win and a computer virus hits taking all of my money from my account
    6. Winning the world series and being disqualified for being under age.

Dream senario
    1. to play higgins the snooker player as he chucks his games
    2. Play Richard orfford as he does point 1
    3. Have xray specs and be playing against the playboy bunny girls
    4. To have a gold plated lap top that gives me a massage in long tornys and tells me how good i am
    5. Poker site goes all wrong and shows just me everones hands on the table
    6. For everyplayer to totaly respect my raises and fold every time i raise
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Your ideal/nightmare on-line poker playing conditions?:
    Nightmare senario would be 1. playing in a mirrored room with the paperazzy in the audiance and a see through poker table made of glass 2. Power cut just as im heads up on the final table with pocket As and the guys gone all in. 3. Dying for a number 2 on the break and iv got no toilette paper 4. Playing in a live game with the kray twins 5. I win and a computer virus hits taking all of my money from my account 6. Winning the world series and being disqualified for being under age. Dream senario 1. to play higgins the snooker player as he chucks his games 2. Play Richard orfford as he does point 1 3. Have xray specs and be playing against the playboy bunny girls 4. To have a gold plated lap top that gives me a massage in long tornys and tells me how good i am 5. Poker site goes all wrong and shows just me everones hands on the table 6. For everyplayer to totaly respect my raises and fold every time i raise
    Posted by Dazler
    Luvin it! hahaha