You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Where does your poker winnings go? VOTE NOW!!!!

2»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Poker has provided some treats for the family over the years. There have been lots of small items but the bigger items include:

2 x 24'x12' Stable Blocks (Courtesy of VC Poker).

1 x Thoroughbred Mare named Maddie (Courtesy of VC Poker).

1 x Omega Seamaster Chronograph (Courtesy of VC Poker).

1 x Titanium Longines Conquest (Courtesy of Poker Stars).

1 x Range Rover (Courtesy of Ladbrokes).

1 x Replacement Gearbox for Range Rover (Courtesy of Sky Poker).

The moral of the above is play poker but don't buy a Range Rover.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Where does your poker winnings go? VOTE NOW!!!!:
    Poker has provided some treats for the family over the years. There have been lots of small items but the bigger items include: 2 x 24'x12' Stable Blocks (Courtesy of VC Poker). 1 x Thoroughbred Mare named Maddie (Courtesy of VC Poker). 1 x Omega Seamaster Chronograph (Courtesy of VC Poker). 1 x Titanium Longines Conquest (Courtesy of Poker Stars). 1 x Range Rover (Courtesy of Ladbrokes). 1 x Replacement Gearbox for Range Rover (Courtesy of Sky Poker). The moral of the above is play poker but don't buy a Range Rover.
    Posted by elsadog
    dam it..im only a tadpole compared to you! hahaha
    I didn't buy a rangerover but did just aboput manage to scrape (out of hubbys poker account) enough for a volvo..ok it was only £600 but it was an automatic so I can now drive and sleep at the same time! WOOHOO!
  • edited May 2010
    Hmm my question would be what does sky do with all my money lol i never win lol could be because im pants at poker or it could be that i don't try hard enough pffft i am going to try harder now then maybe just maybe i might be able to buy a takeaway :-)
  • edited May 2010
    Dohhhhhhh,QuoteMy overall poker bankroll.....in my "poker bank account" is like £15k, thats including £4k in 4 weeks last month at nl30-80......
    So just keep doing what your doing it looks like the TP event is paying dividends for you now.

I did send you a PM regarding the post straight away,
    Its good that your blood boils it means your passionate about it, and as you can tell it is not a criticism, just an observation and i clearly stated I can't believe your not good enough, in fact having watched your play and having notes on you I find it hard to believe your not on the £100 tables but from the figures I would suggest you keep grinding away and spend as much time watching the 100 tables and making notes on all the players and with some good table selection you should move up the level.

Again if you read some of Mike Caros teachings he will help you a lot in understanding certain aspects of the game that I havnt got room to discuss here but trust me it really would be worth your while with regards to moving up the levels. I am expecting Harrington on Cash any day soon so that should be a good read.
  • edited May 2010

Nice one Hal - I would be a nightmare to work with/coach, I always ask for advice, then snap at people who try to help me. Its a fine line with me Im too sensitive sometimes, but all I wanna do is improve, sorry if I sounded like an ungreatful tw@t!

Ive just seen your PM - will reply to it later.

Ur right when you said I need to figure out where I wanna go with poker. My game is based so much on instincts, I never have a game plan, and rarely play the same way twice.

Sometimes I wish I could play like these guys who have a solid game, and can 6 table cash and make a steady profit with a winning, tried and tested game.

I really do just 'wing it' - its hard work!!

Anyway Il go read the pm now, thanx for the advice! DOHH

• edited May 2010
    No worries mate all the best,
    As regards a tried and tested game I think the word is "flexible" if that makes sense.

Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000
  • edited May 2010
    Whenever my account hits a certain amount I withdraw some to help pay off the credit card. Other than that it sits in here
  • edited May 2010
    I only play small stakes STT/MTTs, but I'm very pleased to have built up to 6x what I deposited when I joined Sky in Nov. Half (so 3x my only deposit) has been withdrawn to help pay off credit card bills, the other half is sitting in my account. I'm too much of a coward to move up to higher buy-in tournies yet, I need to build my balance further before I'm ready, I'm working at it now.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Where does your poker winnings go? VOTE NOW!!!! : dam it..im only a tadpole compared to you! hahaha I didn't buy a rangerover but did just aboput manage to scrape (out of hubbys poker account) enough for a volvo..ok it was only £600 but it was an automatic so I can now drive and sleep at the same time! WOOHOO!
    Posted by BananaDog
    You'll be in good company .......... all Volvo drivers sleep and drive at the same time :o)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Where does your poker winnings go? VOTE NOW!!!! : You'll be in good company .......... all Volvo drivers sleep and drive at the same time :o)
    Posted by elsadog
    That is so funny..today on the way home from town I was stuck at the lights...my hubby poked me in the arm cos they had changed and I immediatly without thinking relied "Oi..Don't poke me..I was asleep!" ...he looked slightly horrified! hahahaha