You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

You are posting the wrong hands

edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic
By posting coolers or bad beats you are holding back your own game because you're learning nothing. If you think the reason you're losing is because your AA got cracked by a set or because someone hit runner runner flush on you, you're wrong. Everyone has to deal with these and some still manage to win consistently. By focusing on these hands you miss the real problems that are preventing you from really improving. 

Think about hands where you checked back river and you had the best hand, could you have bet there and got more chips? post those hands. What about hands where you folded? maybe you folded top pair or had a big draw that you folded, was it the right move? post those hands. i called down with top pair and he had a better kicker, should i have folded? post it and find out. These are the kinda hands that matter. When you get involved in a hand that you dont know what do in click on the Hand History bit and copy and paste the number of the hand so you can post it later.

Dont ever post results!!! only copy and paste upto the point where you had a tricky decision. If you show people the results then their opinion will be based on what the result was more than what the right decision may have been. If you dont post results it will create more discussion. Once the discussion is over you can post the outcome of the hand.

i know alot of this stuff has been said before but it seems like it needs to be said again. If you wanna post bad beats put bad beat in the title of the thread at least so people know theres no strategy in it.

Comments