You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i know why i blocked my account now

edited May 2010 in Area 51
3 k double stack 4 hands in i get AA i got the button every one folds i raise 5 times big blind to a 100 small blind folds big blind calls he got 8 n 9 off suite flop comes 10 ,7, 10, didnt like the 10 so i bet 400 he raises me so i think he might have a ten  or would he re raise or just call to try and get more out of me so i go all in he snap calls turn come 2 river j checked his progress a few hands later and he was almost finished then i was in the 150 scary i got qq big blind everone folds small blind goes allin i call he got 44 flop ace clubs queen clubs 3 diamonds turn 2 clubs river 5 clubs i know bad beats part of the game but i play on 4 sites and i never had bad beats like on here i can see another 6 month in exile coming

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to i know why i blocked my account now:
    3 k double stack 4 hands in i get AA i got the button every one folds i raise 5 times big blind to a 100 small blind folds big blind calls he got 8 n 9 off suite flop comes 10 ,7, 10, didnt like the 10 so i bet 400 he raises me so i think he might have a ten  or would he re raise or just call to try and get more out of me so i go all in he snap calls turn come 2 river j checked his progress a few hands later and he was almost finished then i was in the 150 scary i got qq big blind everone folds small blind goes allin i call he got 44 flop ace clubs queen clubs 3 diamonds turn 2 clubs river 5 clubs i know bad beats part of the game but i play on 4 sites and i never had bad beats like on here i can see another 6 month in exile coming
    Posted by timeshare2

although i hate to agree with the onslaught  of  weasley regulars .....u dont get any more bad beats on here  than anywhere else ,  and i speak as playing on 6 different sites
  • edited May 2010

In Response to Re: i know why i blocked my account now:
    In Response to i know why i blocked my account now : although i hate to agree with the onslaught  of  weasley regulars .....u dont get any more bad beats on here  than anywhere else ,  and i speak as playing on 6 different sites
    Posted by hogan2089
    p.s. no need to welcome  me back after my enforced sojurn ..lol
  • edited May 2010
    I can see a wee trip coming too

• edited May 2010
    Posted by timeshare2
    you obviously don't play on Pokerstars or FullTilt then
  • edited May 2010
    i get AA i got the button every one folds i raise 5 times big blind to a 100
    You got u/l - getting a monster on the button is either great or the Devil; everyone thinks you're at it, so, most people would call with mid-suited connectors (imho), disguised and implied odds massive.

...then a lot of people aren't going away with an u/d straight draw (8 cards to hit over two streets).  A call to your 400 suggest a big draw. Seeing a J would set alarm bells.  Not sure if you had to go broke over this. Screams of 10s or he's hit his straight.  On the flip-side, v.hard to chuck AA.

Don't think there's anything you can do. It's just poker - one of those things?! Happened to me on full tilt and poker stars in equal and numerous occassions. Smile and carry on and you'll get your share of luck/flops in the long run.

Cheers
  • edited May 2010
    i went allin on the flop he called the j came on the river
  • edited May 2010
    i went allin on the flop he called the j came on the river
    Posted by timeshare2
    you would want this call al lday long but it's not like he didn't have outs, just that one of them came this time

It's poker, it will happen, it hurts but you brush off and moveon. Have you never hit your out when your all in on a draw? We all have been there on both sides of the coin but we only ever remember the ones that go against us.

He's playing to try and break a big hand, thats why he's calling with 89 - his up and down draw was as close to it as he's going to get without actually flopping the nuts
  • edited May 2010
    i know what your saying mate but i would never put my tourny on the line 5 hands in calling an allin on a draw he was out 10 minutes later there are so many bad players on here give bad beats then someone else takes them out a few hands later it used to be about poker now its all about getting lucky to avoid a bad beat , the standard of play on this site is terrible i know a good player will always come out on top in the long run but there seems to be a lot of players getting rewarded for bad play
  • edited May 2010
    i know what your saying mate but i would never put my tourny on the line 5 hands in calling an allin on a draw he was out 10 minutes later there are so many bad players on here give bad beats then someone else takes them out a few hands later it used to be about poker now its all about getting lucky to avoid a bad beat , the standard of play on this site is terrible i know a good player will always come out on top in the long run but there seems to be a lot of players getting rewarded for bad play
    Posted by timeshare2
    I understand your point mate,there is a high standard of good players at the top level but also a very poor standard in alot of the games that are run of the mill.Hard to find a level at reasonable stakes to have a proper game of poker.dav
  • edited May 2010
    There is TOO much of this....

i know where you at,

SICK of it...and if anyone else says pot odds, or just a bad beat....zzzzzzz.....

its funny,because you d have thought the more u play the less it would happen......WRONG ....

i got to the stage where i put a piece of paper in front of the screen,just so i could nt see the river...

even 95% ers seem to be 50 /50

regards
    toby
  • edited May 2010
    The more you play WELL the more it will happen. Not because it's fixed but because you can only suffer a bad beat if you've got all the money in when AHEAD.

The better you are the more often you will put yourself in a possition to be outdrawn rather than do the outdrawing.
  • edited May 2010
    There are loads of 95% ers on this site nowadays.