You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TONIGHT'S LIVE SHOW ON CHANNEL 865

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat

Hi everyone,

Yes, we're live again tonight on Channel 865 from 8pm. Or of course you can click on the hompage link to stream it from here.

Tonight we're covering the main event- the 5K NL Hold Em MTT which forms part of our League series, the winner also getting free entry into the £8K final at the end of the month where the buy-in is £220!

Aongside me will be Mr. Giddins and we WON'T be on Sky Sports tonight, which means we can muck about a bit more.

But of course we need your input for that- so post away on this thread please and we'll deliver your messages throughout the show.

We're also planning a historic first tonight- with exclusive live footage from the studio gallery. Yes, you'll finally be able to put a face to those wobbly camera shots and dodgy graphics! ;)

Good luck in tonight's game and look forward to your messages!

:)

Comments

• edited May 2010

So you wont be playing in the TEAM event again RICH?......*sigh*
  • edited May 2010
    Surely that's a benefit to the team?
  • edited May 2010
    The gallery thingy is a great idea, why dont you go one better and at a later date, do a total behind the scenes show, starting with the presenters leaving for work, arriving, make up programme discussions, all the usual stuff that we would never see so we know what exactly all you lazy so and so's do, and ending with rich standing in the carpark looking very dispondent lool
  • edited May 2010
    Hi Rich, Once again it was a pleasure meeting you and the guys at SPT Glasgow.
    You were very unlucky in the main event but at least outlasted James and plumpyplop(dylan12).

Nice deep deep deep SNG we arranged for you even though you eventually went all-in on first hand.

Going away to work in Holland tomoro, leaving at 3.30, no access to skypoker or the skypoker channel for 3 weeks.

Carry on the good work, and gimme a shout out for all the guys to enter my freeroll organised for my birthday on my return on the 5th.

ps you are also invited in order to aid your ailing BR

PLOP!
  • edited May 2010
    Can we talk about politics tonight?  I miss Gordon Brown.  :(
  • edited May 2010
    I'm not at home so will have to stream it off my computer but I'll definately be watching...Im playing and want that £220 seat!

Great idea about the gallery too...
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: TONIGHT'S LIVE SHOW ON CHANNEL 865:
    Hi Rich, Once again it was a pleasure meeting you and the guys at SPT Glasgow. You were very unlucky in the main event but at least outlasted James and plumpyplop(dylan12). Nice deep deep deep SNG we arranged for you even though you eventually went all-in on first hand. Going away to work in Holland tomoro, leaving at 3.30, no access to skypoker or the skypoker channel for 3 weeks. Carry on the good work, and gimme a shout out for all the guys to enter my freeroll organised for my birthday on my return on the 5th. ps you are also invited in order to aid your ailing BR PLOP!
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    Correction - I lasted longer than Orford plop i think - only by a couple of hands or was that the other way round - anyway I want clarification before you slur my good name like that plop lol
  • edited May 2010
    Hi Rich and Ed, fantastic playing the SNG's at Glasgow with you Rich and what a great structure for a SNG!

Dave and Sian
  • edited May 2010
    Can we talk about politics tonight?  I miss Gordon Brown.  :(
    Posted by Wilhelm
    I miss Divine Brown.
  • edited May 2010
    Evening Guys

Had a fantastic time in Glasgow! even though i also stayed at that dreaded "hotel!" Sngs were fanstatic fun

PLEASE can you show this hand.... The question is, should i even be considering folding the KK here? difficult as its early, but id be interested in the maths of this please Ed! no read on any players and table had been quite quiet.

thanks

hoggers
    Hand History #258454743 (20:18 13/05/2010)
  • edited May 2010

surely awful donk bet!

Dave
  • edited May 2010
    Can you ask Hand Picker Harry... the ledddgeee.....

I'f I'm going out on a first date with a girl, should I wear my:

(1) Superman Pants
     (2) SpongeBob Square Pants Boxers
     (3) My Frilly Disney Princess Pants?
    Cheers Harry!
  • edited May 2010

Hey chaps!

I remember emailing in about this time last week, with my exit hand. It was a cooler, with 2 overs and the nut flush draw, against top pair, u agreed with my play....

Again, im sending in the exit hand....

Hand History #258453253 (20:16 13/05/2010)
    Again, am I convincing myself this is just unlucky when really, Im playing badly? - I need to sort this as I cant make the first break lately in tournys.

Also, Ive been doing really well at cash lately, I am a cash player and always have been, but always done well in tournys too....Maybe my increased success on the cash table, is effecting my tourny game? - Does Ed believe you can be both a really good tourny player, as well as a successful cash player?

Thanx, JJ
  • edited May 2010
    Back up Rich !!!! Sky Chris is the man i have seen with my own eyes how busy he nearly is , and he even had time to make me a tea !!!! ;)

monkey123
  • edited May 2010
    Real Cooler exit hand here

How on earth do I dodge this???????

Dave
  • edited May 2010
    I have channel 865 on when Im playing! I find it easy to ignore you while Im playing but I must admit I can be distracted by LML especially if she drops her pen! :)
  • edited May 2010
    WHILE PLAYIN I GO 2 BEDROOM 4 PEACE AN QUITE AND WHEN I WANT A COFFEE I RING THE MISSES 2 BRING ME ONE COFFEE THAT IS
  • edited May 2010
    can you play this hand please.  Hand History #258473001 (21:02 13/05/2010)

looking back at it i think i should of raised pre flop.
  • edited May 2010

THE HAND I E-MAILED IN IS PRETTY SIMILAR TO THE ACES HAND.....

THE ANSWER IS, I REALLY DON'T KNOW.......

MY ATTITUDE IN MTT's IS TO TAKE A RACE FIRST HAND OF THE TOURNY....., THINK ABOUT IT....IF YOU ENTERED A TOURNY WITH A 2K STARTING STACK, BUT YOU COULD START WITH 4K FOR DOUBLE THE BUY IN....WOULD YOU?????

WHAT DO YOU THINK ED?

• edited May 2010

Hi Rich & Ed Great Show am watching while playing cash gl 2 all
  • edited May 2010
    greeting gents. love the gallery idea but could you have picked someone better looking? sky claire or sky mandy look good in their avatar pics so why not see them?
  • edited May 2010
    hi rich and ed in the 5k bounty hunter went down to 220 chips come back to 25000 thanks to watching your analyse of smoking joe thanks
  • edited May 2010
    I feel Im OK (not great but ok) at most forms of poker wether it be speed or deepstack but for some reason Im pretty awfull when I play Bounty Hunter any tips! I have tried playing tight playing only premium hands and also tried playing aggressive niether seem to work fo me!
  • edited May 2010
    Yes Ed but the hands u get to 4k.......within half an hour, ull be at 6/7k .........if u started with 4k?

Its all relative? - I love chips, my whole game is about making people fold, and players are intimidated by a big stack?

I always play for final table.....rather than to cash......as you have already said that's where the money is...

• edited May 2010

if you get a chance could you show this hand from tonights team poker cheers guys michael

Hand History #258431923 (19:11 13/05/2010)

• edited May 2010
    Thank you for talking through my hand, Im glad i played it right, just got unlucky. If there was a bigger stack i wouldnt of gone all in. i was just pretty sure i was going to get called.
  • edited May 2010
    Sky Bingo update, lol.
  • edited May 2010
    An extension to the gallery-webcam idea for you. 

After the show ends how about live streaming the Sky Poker CCTV cameras overlooking the car park and we could watch Orford wandering about looking for his car for a few hours.

In fact that might be so funny to watch you could make it PPV.
  • edited May 2010
    Sky Bingo update, lol.
    Posted by Machka
    LOL
  • edited May 2010

Hi Rich

Given you cant play and Ed is a failed bowloer, good luck to all Plopers and our skip LML