You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thanks to Sky and Sky_rich

2»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    The Sky Poker team are fully deserving of all the praise heaped upon them throughout this thread.

What a terrific week......some bridges to re-build on the social front but what the heck....I've never actually used the phrase "I can't I'm playing poker" before!

The Poker Poets certainly enjoyed it.....ten random forum folk now jelled together as a team.....rearing to go if and when another one comes our way.

Here's hoping.
  • edited May 2010
    Thank you very much for great event and all the effort by sky's team.Much preferred this to tko got a lot closer to team mates the best bunch of lads and lasses to be found anywhere.But ditch roulette and or exteme bring in bounty hunter and something with a bit more skill.PLEASSSSSSE DO IT AGAIN.
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks for all the positive feedback guys.

I just did all the posting of notifications and gathering of teams. All the big thanks has to go to Sky Rich M (the brains behind team poker) and Sky Jack (the work horse behind Team Poker).

But i am so glad you all enjoyed it. Look out for more exciting tournaments coming....

...in the near future.

[Sky Rich M wearing the poker idea generator]

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Thanks to Sky and Sky_rich:
    Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. I just did all the posting of notifications and gathering of teams. All the big thanks has to go to Sky Rich M (the brains behind team poker) and Sky Jack (the work horse behind Team Poker). But i am so glad you all enjoyed it. Look out for more exciting tournaments coming.... ...in the near future. [Sky Rich M wearing the poker idea generator]
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    What Goes on Inside That Bowl??????????????

Thanks to all Involved at Sky Poker.
  • edited May 2010
    yea rich thnks enjoyd every min of it come on rich look at the responce ur geting DO ANOTHER 1 RICH go on ya know ya wnt 2 lol
  • edited May 2010
    Mirror all this!! Phenomenal week of tourneys and I loved the craic !! Sky Rich - Knight the man!!
    Posted by SolarCarro
    ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!!

We stand as one

x
  • edited May 2010
    Yep, well done sky...........i would pay to play in another team event.:)
  • edited May 2010
    I echo everything said.  Things like this are what make sky poker unique.  Even with the small problems and glitches from time to time, things like this outweigh it all
  • edited May 2010
    Yes absolute awesome comp. far better than TKO imo !

For some reason it is far more enjoyable playing in a team comp. than by yourself.
  • edited May 2010
    Totally agree, great idea these Team poker events. A lot better than the TKO's imo.
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks to all behind the scenes at Sky Poker for a great event, better format than TKO.
    Smaller team set-up with captains organising ensured a better turnout, far less no-shows.
    Please run it again in the near future.

To spice it up a little, can all players pay entry of £1 (20p each event) up front to register,
    with the extra being used for special spot prizes, (eg;  £10 for a Royal flush, £5 for Quads).
    This provides a random bonus so all players, no matter their skill level can help team total.
    Any leftover to be competed for by the winning players of each event, at the end of compy.

Special mention to 35suited, MVP for Silvers Sharks and in the whole compy.
  • edited May 2010
    Yes absolute awesome comp. far better than TKO imo ! For some reason it is far more enjoyable playing in a team comp. than by yourself.
    Posted by goodylad21

yeah, i agree, getting all fired up when you know the very most you can win is 30 quid.  Great laff, and you get the oppurtunity to sit at the same table as total fish such as brownndog and freechips1
  • edited May 2010

+1 it was a great week of fun cheers Sky Poker & Sky Rich
  • edited May 2010
    Yep, well done sky...........i would pay to play in another team event.:)
    Posted by efgloser
    excellent idea. Could be done with small stakes buy ins just to add a little spice to the tournys. Would defo pay to play in these events
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Thanks to Sky and Sky_rich : yeah, i agree, getting all fired up when you know the very most you can win is 30 quid.  Great laff, and you get the oppurtunity to sit at the same table as total fish such as brownndog and freechips1
    Posted by OMahonyO
    You forgot to mention Dohhhhh, busted my pair of queens with his all in call with 36 offsuit!!!!!
  • edited May 2010

Hmmmm my all in shove! lol

But yeh ur right wynne it was super duper sick !!

If its any consolation Im pretty gutted that I ran that good in a freeroll and not a proper tournament, but there ya go :(
  • edited May 2010
    Excellent tournament good laugh fantastic and can i say well done all teams especially TEAM PLOP :-) but also a very well done to team DOHHHHHHHHH who nicked it on the finish line well done all
  • edited May 2010
    Well done SKY thoroughly enjoyed the tournement, personally only improvement would be later time and maybe do 2 tourneys a week for a few weeks just impossible for people to stay in all week

Also i cant find end results any help? dunno how my team did, although i had a shocker continous bad beat and by thursday was on tilt so had no hope but throughly enjoyed it and good banter
  • edited May 2010
    Well done and a big thank you to everyone at Sky who made the team event one of the best bit of fun online since I started playing poker.

Good times!
  • edited May 2010
    yes, thank you guys.

it was a decent bit of fun railing the guys/gals.

gives me a break from my bad luck, an gives me a chance to get something to play back on the tables.

great stuff
  • edited May 2010
    The great fun in it was the fact you were playing for the team firstly and as an individual second. The support received from other team members railing you was great. Not so great was the angst you felt when another of your team was posted to your table....it mad for a few dilemmas when playing...great fun!
  • edited May 2010
    I must agree with all the posts i`ve read that the Team Poker tourni was the best i`ve ever been involved in.
    Even better than TKO Challenges,and i never thought i would say that.
    Thanks Sky_Rich & Sky themselves,a great laugh.
    But i must apologise to the rest of my team,(Quagmires Krazy Gang)
    for not cashing once,(SO SORRY NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE)but you are a great bunch,i had a great laugh, and i hope we can do it all over again sometime soon.
    All the best Steve... 
  • edited May 2010
    thanks to sky and sky rich for a great comp well done all
  • edited May 2010

Having missed most of the team tourney, coming in as a sub for the very last one, can honestly say it was a great event, and can't wait for the next one