You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

LM'S DYM BRC OK?!!

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
Good luck with that. :-)))

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Yes indeed, just look at all those bright shining Capital letter. It fair warms the cockles of my heart to see them there.

But WHAT do they MEAN exactly?

Well Master Richard of Orfordness had declared his BR challenge and after witnessing his erm.. imaginative and somewhat SPEEDY drop to £2 (ish) I though I would take a slightly different tack. Not that I'm worried mind. Nope. Quite the contrary in fact!

I am a veritable paragon of Bank rolling virtue. As such I shall be topping up my personal account to £100 and unlike Mr Orford I shall give myself no such chance of being an unmitigated LOSER (Love ya Pal).

I shall achieve my BR challange using only the power of DYM's and the lyrics of the great and mighty erm Snap.. 'I've got the power'... yeah yeah yeah... I'm also going to throw in a few freerolls and Tourneys as well just to keep me motivated!

I shall start with the £2.20 and move up the levels as my BR swells and sparkles like a giant Golden Christmas Bauble. 

For this I will need YOU!!

Yes YOU!!!

Come and play with me. Join with me and use the mighty DYM to increase your Bank Roll, Restore your dignity and, well, IMPROVE your POPULARITY!!  OK.. There's no Science for that bit.

Take £50 of your BR and use it for the DYM challenge.. let's see if we can make it to £500 by the end of JUNE!! I'm aiming for £1000 with my £100 and I feel the meaty monetary goodness coming on!

I will Blog weekly to keep you updated and use this thread to let you know when and where I shall be online.. TOGETHER WE WILL PREVAIL!!!

Please also use this thread to keep me abreast of your DYM BR challenge progress.. Good or bad!!

Oh. and Orford.. I will be expecting you.

xxx

• edited May 2010
    In Response to LM'S DYM BRC OK?!!:
    Yes indeed, just look at all those bright shining Capitol letter. It fair warms the cockles of my heart to see them there. But WHAT do they MEAN exactly? Well Master Richard of Orfordness had declared his BR challenge and after witnessing his erm.. imaginative and somewhat SPEEDY drop to £2 (ish) I though I would take a slightly different tack. Not that I'm worried mind. Nope. Quite the contrary in fact! I am a veritable paragon of Bank rolling virtue. As such I shall be topping up my personal account to £100 and unlike Mr Orford I shall give myself no such chance of being an unmitigated LOSER   (Love ya Pal). I shall achieve my BR challange using only the power of D Y M 's and the lyrics of the great and mighty erm Snap.. 'I've got the power'... yeah yeah yeah... I'm also going to throw in a few freerolls and Tourneys as well just to keep me motivated! I shall start with the £2.20 and move up the levels as my BR swells and sparkles like a giant Golden Christmas Bauble.  For this I will need YOU!! Yes YOU!!! Come and play with me. Join with me and use the mighty DYM to increase your Bank Roll, Restore your dignity and, well, IMPROVE your POPULARITY!!  OK.. There's no Science for that bit. Take £50 of your BR and use it for the DYM challenge.. let's see if we can make it to £500 by the end of JUNE!! I'm aiming for £1000 with my £100 and I feel the meaty monetary goodness coming on! I will Blog weekly to keep you updated and use this thread to let you know when and where I shall be online.. TOGETHER WE WILL PREVAIL!!! Please also use this thread to keep me abreast of your DYM BR challenge progress.. Good or bad!! Oh. and Orford.. I will be expecting you. xxx
    Posted by LML
     OK you have my attention now, what did the rest of the thread say?
  • edited May 2010
    Best of luck to you lisa but be afraid be very afraid of the ACE JACK xxx
  • edited May 2010
    More chance of Orford getting back up to £100 than you making 1K he he!! Gl LML - you shall need it innit ;)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: LM'S DYM BRC OK?!!:
    In Response to LM'S DYM BRC OK?!! :  OK you have my attention now, what did the rest of the thread say?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    QUALITY (THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY) 
  • edited May 2010
    Good luck o great mistress of smute
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to LM'S DYM BRC OK?!! :  OK you have my attention now, what did the rest of the thread say?
    Posted by FlashFlush

Sigh.. I worry for you Charlie... ;)
  • edited May 2010
    good luck,gotta love the DYM's :)
  • edited May 2010
    All the best in your endeavours.  I have been trying something similar in the month of May for Richard's challenge.  I started with £1 and have been trying to get to £100, but I haven't been playing much this week due to ongoing commitments and so have been stuck on about £12 for a while now.  I just can't make the step up to 60p DYMs.  I'm putting it down to shocking variance.  Sorry to use your thread as a vehicle to transport my moanings.  Although it has made me feel a bit better to get it off my chest.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to LM'S DYM BRC OK?!!:
    I shall start with the £2.20 and move up the levels.............
    Sorry Lisa-Marie, the rake isn't that cheap at the lower levels. It's actually a £2.25 buy-in, so you'll only make £1.75 profit (77% of your buy-in) if you do manage to succesfully 'double' your money. You'll need a 56.25% success rate just to break even.

If you're not happy about it join the rest of us posting on Oynutter's 'idea to get players to stay with sky poker'
    thread in the community suggestions section.

Good luck anyway.
  • edited May 2010
    Good luck LM.  I'll see you when you get up the levels a bit.

Let us know if you hit any big streaks.  A well known data mining site says you need just 32 cashes on the trot to be WORLD CHAMP!!!!
  • edited May 2010
    Why dont u go on a night out, it would be far more enjoyable £100 spent and you might get lucky n pull .

MH
  • edited May 2010

problem with DYMs is that we don't get famous playin them! maybe with lisa joinin us we'll get more airtime :D good luck LM

• edited May 2010
    In Response to LM'S DYM BRC OK?!! : Sorry Lisa-Marie, the rake isn't that cheap at the lower levels. It's actually a £2.25 buy-in, so you'll only make £1.75 profit (77% of your buy-in) if you do manage to succesfully 'double' your money. You'll need a 56.25% success rate just to break even. If you're not happy about it join the rest of us posting on Oynutter's 'idea to get players to stay with sky poker' thread in the community suggestions section. Good luck anyway.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Yes the very best of luck Lisa and a very good point by Gary ...... if anyone hasn't
    read Oynutter's thread they should join the debate on this issue.

DYMs at lower levels help pass the time for not much outlay, they can provide good practice.....but they don't represent good value.
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks Wilhelm, Tommy, guys!

I shall attempt to cunningly outwit variance by playing two or three DYM's at once.. although this may affect my results as everyone knows my multi tasking skills are practically fetal. 

I am also playing a bunch of Freerolls and will starting my challenge this very day.

I am in both Super6 freerolls and will be DYMing from about 4 or 5pm... 

At least my Mr Orford hasn't set the bar too high eh?!  ;)

LET'S DO THIS!!
  • edited May 2010

Ughhhhh 3 words that should be deleted from the dictionary, at least when being used in conjunction with eachother.

DOUBLE YOUR MONEY
    !!!!!!

• edited May 2010
    I will come and rail later LM to see how your getting on - GL!!
  • edited May 2010
    Um... lasted a whole hour in the Super 6 and came 84th after having my KK called by an A4 and the A4 hitting a 494 flop. *sigh*

BR still £100
  • edited May 2010
    I will come and rail later LM to see how your getting on - GL!!
    Posted by dylan12

Because every girl needs a railer who systematically cheers for WHOEVER else is in the pot with them and then BOOOOOOO's when she actually hit's the flop ;)

Looking forward to it Dyl x
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: LM'S DYM BRC OK?!! : Because every girl needs a railer who systematically cheers for WHOEVER else is in the pot with them and then BOOOOOOO's when she actually hit's the flop ;) Looking forward to it Dyl x
    Posted by LML
    I will be nice tonight - I am in your corner because you are playing on your personal account and not on your Presenter account!! LML all the way x
  • edited May 2010
    why not start with a tenner on the 1 quid dym's, where you have to pay 15% rake

answer---- because your'e not that silly-----innit !!
  • edited May 2010
    Good luck Lisa-Marie!!!

Glad your back lady...we've missed you!

Can't join in the one unf. the rake is too high for me..plus i'm trying to master mtt's....I've got every faith though!!!

GO GET EM!!!!

x
  • edited May 2010
    Unlucky in the first super 6 i was playing and was keeping a eye out for you thought you was going to cash.

Gl in your challenge :)
  • edited May 2010

Just watched one of your dym's, really unlucky lisa. Don't think any of those guys had a fold button lol.

• edited May 2010
    I know DS!! I got bored and pushed with rubbish :(  Must try HARDER!!!

Mind you, I'm only £998 ish away from my target ... lol
  • edited May 2010
    I know DS!! I got bored and pushed with rubbish :(  Must try HARDER!!! Mind you, I'm only £998 ish away from my target ... lol
    Posted by LML
    You were just probably tired!!!!!!

8.30am is VERY early to be facing the SNG market.......

Fresh orange and a sunday news anyone???

x
  • edited May 2010
    Mind you, I'm only £998 ish away from my target ... lol
    Posted by LML
    Blimey, what's your target Lisa-Marie? Are you trying to turn your £100 into £1100 by playing DYMs? That'll take forever!
  • edited May 2010
    LML

I don't know why I didn't think to post this sooner, but this may prove helpful reading.  I know that these tips aren't for the stakes you are playing, but since starting my challenge I have moved up the levels abit and it is continuing to work for me.  Dudeskin8 and Action_Dan in particular posted very good tips.

All the best

Wilhelm
  • edited May 2010
    Awesome help thanks Wilhelm!! x