You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPT Swansea

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
After bombing out of DanTB's deepstack and the Primo I could fully concentrate on the excellent 30 min SPT Glasgow review/fillum [I Sky+'d it - is that sad?].

Really looked like good craic and the mention of SPT Swansea whetted my appetite.  So, after a bit of research, it looks like it's only a 5 and a bit hour drive from Bingley; result!  Never played live however, should I be nervous? Purchase a hoody and mahoosive headphones?

All this assuming I'm lucky/skillful enough to win/earn a place of course.

When will the satellites start to appear?

Will there be a bus from Yorkshire???

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to SPT Swansea:
    After bombing out of DanTB's deepstack and the Primo I could fully concentrate on the excellent 30 min SPT Glasgow review/fillum [I Sky+'d it - is that sad?]. Really looked like good craic and the mention of SPT Swansea whetted my appetite.  So, after a bit of research, it looks like it's only a 5 and a bit hour drive from Bingley; result!  Never played live however, should I be nervous? Purchase a hoody and mahoosive headphones? All this assuming I'm lucky/skillful enough to win/earn a place of course. When will the satellites start to appear? Will there be a bus from Yorkshire???
    Posted by dtm75
    Just noticed "The Sky Poker Tour" topic on the left; doh.  Will need to apply more intelligence if I'm to get there!
  • edited May 2010

Behave, & just BE THERE, whether you win a seat or not.

Here's all you have to do.

1) Get there. Say hi to me when you first arrive, & I'll introduce you to all the good guys, and to Dylan (he's Welsh) too.

2) Book the same Hotel as everyone else - we try all to stay in the same Hotel, it adds to it somehow.

3) It does not matter if you have a Seat or not - you WILL have a good day. Trust me, the other guys will confirm that.

As to when Satellites will begin, they have not chosen the date yet, & as it happens, the Event is over 2 months away, so no panic. I think, in truth, they (Sky Poker) want to concentrate on Viva Las Vegas for the moment, but that's just a hunch. ;)

See you in Swansea. Right?
  • edited May 2010
    Hi Tikay,
    1) Get there. Say hi to me when you first arrive, & I'll introduce you to all the good guys, and to Dylan (he's Welsh) too.

Of course, a given, especially given the time/welcome everyone's (your good self incl.) afforded to me recently.
    2) Book the same Hotel as everyone else - we try all to stay in the same Hotel, it adds to it somehow.
    Will certainly try. Do I need to have Jaegerbombs for breakfast though...?
     3) It does not matter if you have a Seat or not - you WILL have a good day.
    I'll be there with bells on; qualified or not :) 
    (Sky Poker) want to concentrate on Viva Las Vegas for the moment, but that's just a hunch. ;)
    Was tempted by Vegas but the small print put pay to that (work for Sky Sports).  Hope this means I'll be able to play at the SPT! S'pose I should check the T&Cs...
    See you in Swansea. Right?
    Sounds like the side SnG's are worth traversing the M6/M5/M4 for alone and hopefully be dragging my big brother (smokinjoe) along.
  • edited May 2010

See you in Swansea then DTM!

The T & C's for VLV are stringent for good reason, but I do not think your role at Sky Sports would debar you in any way from playing SPT Swansea. The Presenters play it, after all, though to be fair, there's little danger of Orford ever cashing. ;)

What do you do there, if I may ask? I know a few peeps over at Sky Sports, & as it happens, I think they deliver a sensationally good product. 
  • edited May 2010
    Understand wholly about Vegas :)
    The Presenters play it, after all, though to be fair, there's little danger of Orford ever cashing. ;)
    LOL - although didn't he outlast Mr. Hartigan in Glasgow...
    What do you do there, if I may ask? I know a few peeps over at Sky Sports
    Of course. Am a lead software developer up in Leeds, built the website and the content management system amongst all sorts of other odds and sods.  I think you probably know some of my very fine colleagues/friends up here in Leeds and Osterley/Harrogate.  I won't list names on t'forum though.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: SPT Swansea:
    Understand wholly about Vegas :) LOL - although didn't he outlast Mr. Hartigan in Glasgow... Of course. Am a lead software developer up in Leeds, built the website and the content management system amongst all sorts of other odds and sods.  I think you probably know some of my very fine colleagues/friends up here in Leeds and Osterley/Harrogate.  I won't list names on t'forum though.
    Posted by dtm75
    I most certainly do.

The Sky Sports Website is a thing of beauty - how much traffic does THAT get? (rhetorical!). I occasionally manage to get an article on there, too, though it's right down in the depths, so far down I can rarely find it. The bots & spiders seem to find it though. Very SEO-friendly, one assumes. ;)