You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why why why

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat

Why do I let it bother me when people take issue with my play.

I play suited connectors, flop a straight and take a £27 pot on the £8 tables v KK, yet when I leave 20 mins alter and say GG, I get grief for being a fish!

And I just have to bite back!!

Any tips on ignoring idiots?

Comments

• edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010
    turn chat off lol
  • edited May 2010

Remember something like, "it takes an 1diot to rise to an 1diot"
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Why why why:
    Why do I let it bother me when people take issue with my play. I play suited connectors, flop a straight and take a £27 pot on the £8 tables v KK, yet when I leave 20 mins alter and say GG, I get grief for being a fish! And I just have to bite back!! Any tips on ignoring idiots?
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Mini view, you cant see the chat :-)
  • edited May 2010
    Why do I let it bother me when people take issue with my play. I play suited connectors, flop a straight and take a £27 pot on the £8 tables v KK, yet when I leave 20 mins alter and say GG, I get grief for being a fish! And I just have to bite back!! Any tips on ignoring idiots?
    Posted by MrWh1te
    yep...had plently of experience on a different site where it was nothing but abuse and whining!
    Just say..."thank you, come again!" and then ignore EVERYTHING else they say!
    ..this does wind them up more but if there gonna whinge then why not give them something to really whinge about! hahahaha
    ps, if their hand held up they would be glad you called them..there only moaning cos they think they have the right to win with a hand like that, well it's not always the case!
    Keep smiling and just don't take it to heart (this comes from someone who does actually take everything to heart but like you am trying to get past it)
    BananaDog x

ps, maybe if they slow played the hand they should be reminded of that...
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Why why why:
    Remember something like, "it takes an 1diot to rise to an 1diot"
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    And whats that supposed to mean ?
  • edited May 2010
    All good points.

Cowgomoo, wasnt really a suckout, I called a decent raise but we were both deepstacked and I was sure that I hit I would take his stack.  Perfectly thought through.

DOHHHH I will try and remember that.

I cant do no chat, dont wanna be missing out on any info.

Bananadog, it wasnt actually the guy who I beat who said it, he just left gracefully.  Was some other at the table!!
  • edited May 2010
    Posted by MrWh1te
    I'm the same mate. I play a hand correctly, get hammered for what the villain sees as bad play and then spend 20 minutes justifying myself to this clown who can't even play Snap!!!

What the hell is wrong with me???????????

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Why why why:
    All good points. Cowgomoo, wasnt really a suckout, I called a decent raise but we were both deepstacked and I was sure that I hit I would take his stack.  Perfectly thought through. DOHHHH I will try and remember that. I cant do no chat, dont wanna be missing out on any info. Bananadog, it wasnt actually the guy who I beat who said it, he just left gracefully.  Was some other at the table!!
    Posted by MrWh1te
    oh yeah..the "I am the best player in the world so must tell you how to play and what you did wrong!"...I hate them! lol
    ps...we must have had same thing cos I had just put up a thread on here not long before you did called "Is it just the weekend?"
    ...I feel your pain! lol
  • edited May 2010