You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Security improvement

Hi,

Is there any reason why we have a 4 digit PIN code rather than a password to protect our account ?

It seems to me that most places request harder passwords everyday with combinations of letters, numbers, etc...

That would be a very easy to do and useful improvement.

Regards,

Max

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Hi lastpoet,

The PINs were first implemented a long time ago now and were developed so that our whole customer base across a range of platforms (including the television) could easily log into the site.

The switch from PIN to password is actually a much bigger project than you'd expect and it would take substantial time and resource.
    Having said all that, the idea has certainly been discussed on numerous occasions and it may well be implemented in the future.

Don't hold your breath for any immediate news but if i do get hold of any you can be sure i'll let you know.

all the best,

Rich

• edited May 2010
    Thanks for your quick reply Rich.

Max
  • edited May 2010
    I'm sure my pin is 6 digits!
  • edited May 2010
    Hi Machka,

You are right. It can be between 4 and 6 digits but the issue stays the same...

Regards,

Max
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Security improvement:
    Hi Machka, You are right. It can be between 4 and 6 digits but the issue stays the same... Regards, Max
    Posted by lastpoet22

I have brought this point up with Sky Des et al before. If you play and log in with the same name that is visible when you play then email sky and get them to change y our login name. Also if you have a couple of input fails, they are all logged and you can be locked out and they check who/where is trying to log in.