You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Freeroll

Why is there hardly any freeroll tournaments anymore. When i joined there was 3 or 4 a day now you are lucky to get that in a week?? I am seriously considering moving sites because of this, is it just me???

Comments

• edited May 2010
    They normally have loads of freerolls. Its only this week there has not been much.

They do quiet alot of £20 freerolls ect. there was a freeroll last night and night befor
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Freeroll:
    Why is there hardly any freeroll tournaments anymore. When i joined there was 3 or 4 a day now you are lucky to get that in a week?? I am seriously considering moving sites because of this, is it just me???
    Posted by Hortic07
    i agree, there was plenty of freerolls in the good old days :)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Freeroll:
    Posted by Hortic07
    Yup, if they don't give me more money for nothing I'm going to have to take my custom elsewhere.
  • edited May 2010
    It's true to say that there were many more regular freerolls when I first joined Sky at the back end of last year.

Some sites have their low level FRs on site day in day out - they never change as those sites are presumably happy with their player numbers.

Sky have clearly opted to be far more imaginative with their freebie budget,

Hence we get the TKO events and more to the point the excellent Team Poker competition - not to mention Super 6, Facebook and the truly entertaining "Riot" that was the very first re-buy freeroll.

Team Poker is a fine example of something you just wont see anywhere else in the Poker on line world .....every night almost felt like a £20 buy in comp.....that was how well you wanted to succeed in it....not for the money on offer but for the team aspect and the competition.

Instead of trying these groundbreaking competitions Sky could return to merely putting out repeated low level freerolls with their budget.

I can't remember much at all about those free rolls at the back end of last year .....I may have won a couple of quid.....

I suspect the first Team Poker event may just manage to live longer in the old memory bank.
  • edited May 2010
    From what I gather there is usually a £20 forum freeroll on a Thursday and Friday night at 00:00, and then a few running throughout the day on a Saturday, and maybe one or two on a Sunday.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Freeroll:
    In Response to Freeroll : Yup, if they don't give me more money for nothing I'm going to have to take my custom elsewhere.
    Posted by MereNovice
    If I didn't know better Nov I'd say you were taking the P................

Lol
  • edited May 2010
    It's true to say that there were many more regular freerolls when I first joined Sky at the back end of last year. Some sites have their low level FRs on site day in day out - they never change as those sites are presumably happy with their player numbers. Sky have clearly opted to be far more imaginative with their freebie budget, Hence we get the TKO events and more to the point the excellent Team Poker competition - not to mention Super 6, Facebook and the truly entertaining "Riot" that was the very first re-buy freeroll. Team Poker is a fine example of something you just wont see anywhere else in the Poker on line world .....every night almost felt like a £20 buy in comp.....that was how well you wanted to succeed in it....not for the money on offer but for the team aspect and the competition. Instead of trying these groundbreaking competitions Sky could return to merely putting out repeated low level freerolls with their budget. I can't remember much at all about those free rolls at the back end of last year .....I may have won a couple of quid..... I suspect the first Team Poker event may just manage to live longer in the old memory bank.
    Posted by Dud_Butini

Excellent post.
  • edited May 2010
    yeah it is rubbish, there was only a freeroll every day of last week and then they gave a rubbish facebook freeroll with a rubbish £50 and free entry into the DanB deepstack.

load of rubbish sky!
  • edited May 2010
    the last time that i looked freeroll = free ??

i never knew poker sites were meant to give money away for nothing, or is it just me.

i know lets make every single event a freeroll and give away all the possible profits that are meant to run the site and staff etc.

7pm = freeroll everynight - prize usually a tournament paid for ... so you can make really decent money if you run well.

tonight is a freeroll into the primo, i remember right my mate won that an took back over 3000 pounds.... so 3000 pounds for free isn't that a pretty good give away ??

other sky freerolls, include ....

tko - 5 freerolls and a bit of banter
    team poker - 5 freerolls and banter
    facebook freerolls - various
    twitter freerolls - various
    super6 freerolls on saturday
    rebuy freeroll - just started
    forum freeroll - 4 times a day normally i think

but the point is, all these are "free to play" also free to win.

and tbh the sky freerolls are very good value, say you enter one of those "rubbish" £50 freerolls you are on about you have a max of 1000 runners, so you get about 70-100 places paid, meaning "free cash to 10% of people" but it does depend on runners.

i play another site, which seems to have a massive player base compared to sky.... but they have freerolls every 2-4 hours, but there are 2700-4500 runners and it only pays top 27-45 places which is 1% of the running.
    (100-150 dollars freerolls they are)

1st = 15 dollars which is about a tenner (5 hours approx to win)
    sky - 1st 6-40 pounds (approx 1-2 hours) e.g primo = over £30

so your choice, play with sky and play a freeroll for 1-2 hours max to get a min cash.... or play one of these freerolls on a diffo site and maybe play for 3-4 hours and still not cash at all

=====================

so, on that note my advice is if you cannot find enough freerolls then deposit some money and play the amount of available sit n go's or daily tourneys.

play a satelite to get into a decent sized tournament on the cheap.

or if you just want to play poker, play the freeplay poker available or play the cash tables.
  • edited May 2010

Great post, to summarise..... If you don't like it, go elsewhere!!!!
    the last time that i looked freeroll = free ?? i never knew poker sites were meant to give money away for nothing, or is it just me. i know lets make every single event a freeroll and give away all the possible profits that are meant to run the site and staff etc. 7pm = freeroll everynight - prize usually a tournament paid for ... so you can make really decent money if you run well. tonight is a freeroll into the primo, i remember right my mate won that an took back over 3000 pounds.... so 3000 pounds for free isn't that a pretty good give away ?? other sky freerolls, include .... tko - 5 freerolls and a bit of banter team poker - 5 freerolls and banter facebook freerolls - various twitter freerolls - various super6 freerolls on saturday rebuy freeroll - just started forum freeroll - 4 times a day normally i think but the point is, all these are "free to play" also free to win. and tbh the sky freerolls are very good value, say you enter one of those "rubbish" £50 freerolls you are on about you have a max of 1000 runners, so you get about 70-100 places paid, meaning "free cash to 10% of people" but it does depend on runners. i play another site, which seems to have a massive player base compared to sky.... but they have freerolls every 2-4 hours, but there are 2700-4500 runners and it only pays top 27-45 places which is 1% of the running. (100-150 dollars freerolls they are) 1st = 15 dollars which is about a tenner (5 hours approx to win) sky - 1st 6-40 pounds (approx 1-2 hours) e.g primo = over £30 so your choice, play with sky and play a freeroll for 1-2 hours max to get a min cash.... or play one of these freerolls on a diffo site and maybe play for 3-4 hours and still not cash at all ===================== so, on that note my advice is if you cannot find enough freerolls then deposit some money and play the amount of available sit n go's or daily tourneys. play a satelite to get into a decent sized tournament on the cheap. or if you just want to play poker, play the freeplay poker available or play the cash tables.
    Posted by Darlomike
  • edited May 2010
    Where can I find details of the Super six & especially how to qualify for the freeroll?
  • edited May 2010
    Where can I find details of the Super six & especially how to qualify for the freeroll?
    Posted by Phrank
    Go to sky bet scroll down to super six (left hand side of the screen) and follow instructions.
    Hope this helps
  • edited May 2010
    the last time that i looked freeroll = free ?? i never knew poker sites were meant to give money away for nothing, or is it just me. i know lets make every single event a freeroll and give away all the possible profits that are meant to run the site and staff etc. 7pm = freeroll everynight - prize usually a tournament paid for ... so you can make really decent money if you run well. tonight is a freeroll into the primo, i remember right my mate won that an took back over 3000 pounds.... so 3000 pounds for free isn't that a pretty good give away ?? other sky freerolls, include .... tko - 5 freerolls and a bit of banter team poker - 5 freerolls and banter facebook freerolls - various twitter freerolls - various super6 freerolls on saturday rebuy freeroll - just started forum freeroll - 4 times a day normally i think but the point is, all these are "free to play" also free to win. and tbh the sky freerolls are very good value, say you enter one of those "rubbish" £50 freerolls you are on about you have a max of 1000 runners, so you get about 70-100 places paid, meaning "free cash to 10% of people" but it does depend on runners. i play another site, which seems to have a massive player base compared to sky.... but they have freerolls every 2-4 hours, but there are 2700-4500 runners and it only pays top 27-45 places which is 1% of the running. (100-150 dollars freerolls they are) 1st = 15 dollars which is about a tenner (5 hours approx to win) sky - 1st 6-40 pounds (approx 1-2 hours) e.g primo = over £30 so your choice, play with sky and play a freeroll for 1-2 hours max to get a min cash.... or play one of these freerolls on a diffo site and maybe play for 3-4 hours and still not cash at all ===================== so, on that note my advice is if you cannot find enough freerolls then deposit some money and play the amount of available sit n go's or daily tourneys. play a satelite to get into a decent sized tournament on the cheap. or if you just want to play poker, play the freeplay poker available or play the cash tables.
    Posted by Darlomike
    Great post. I agree with everything you say. Freeroles are there mainly for new comers, who are learning or finding thier way around the site or just donks trying to get something for nothing. true poker players dont need them. I think sky has a great format and choice. Plenty of freeroles if you look for them. And also try some of the community competitions to be entered into some really good games.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Freeroll : Great post. I agree with everything you say. Freeroles are there mainly for new comers, who are learning or finding thier way around the site or just donks trying to get something for nothing. true poker players dont need them. I think sky has a great format and choice. Plenty of freeroles if you look for them. And also try some of the community competitions to be entered into some really good games.

i do like the freerolls gives you a chance to try things out (be a cowgomoo lol) But im quite happy with one or two a day as i find im getting quite deep now so any more would confuse a dumb scouser lol. but saying that i havnt been playing that much on sky due to some very bad beats, getting my chips in 75%/85% fav only to get rivered, im sure theres a lot of new players from PKR mmmmm!! as they seem to shove with anything if you raise or even reraise what can you do when you know your ahead,anyway iam doing really good on pkr at the moment only deposited $20 and got a bankroll of over $400 Happy days