You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Return of the £22 deepstack

13»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: The Return of the £22 deepstack:
    I prefer 6 seater but would play either.  I would play the £11 7.30 that is there at the moment (what used to be the £22 but it got reduced) a lot more often if it got enough players - but it doesn't.  Not too concerned about whether £16.50 or £22, but think it should be the SoLack Losack Slowstack
    Posted by SoLack
    lol +1
  • edited May 2010
    6 seater would be best I think..

Is it going to get running again?
  • edited May 2010
    Is this happening tonight or not yet?

Who's available to play tonight if it does get put on?
  • edited May 2010
    Ill play if it gets put up. There is only a 300 BH at the moment, not even the regular £11 deepstack? Not sure if it will happen tonight as 90% of staff will be off. Please prove me wrong...
  • edited May 2010
    I'm here tonight - then away for a couple of days with family getting sum kulcher and Histry in Stratford-Upon-Avon - doin Romeo et Juliet then Warwick castle.
  • edited May 2010
    Yer I can make tonight, if its on

gadge
  • edited May 2010

Hi Guys,

I doubt if it will be on tonight, but don't read anything "long-term" into that. The Suits are very busy revising the entire Tourney Schedule right now, which must take priority, but I am hoping (fairly confidently) that they will take note of this Thread in the grand scheme of things.

I shall not be around tonight, FWIW, as I'm "off" today, & planning to go play some Live Poker.

If & when the Tourney resumes, I will use all means at my disposal to support it - but to be fair, I did that before, & the Tourney still died, due to lack of numbers.

Hopefully, however, we will see a wider & better range of Tourneys on Sky Poker very soon, "something for everyone". There is currently a bias towards Tourneys for "regular players", & that's because thats where the demand is, but the guys who play at higher levels deserve some attention, too. The fact is, however, the bigger buy-in Tourneys have not, in the past, attracted much liquidity. We shall see.
  • edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010
    its on and im in
  • edited May 2010

Hi Guys,

I have just received a note from Sky-Adam to say he has built this Tourney, & it WILL run tonight.

A few details.

It will be called the "Monday Night Deepstack", & it will be highlighted in the Lobby. It will start at 7.15pm.

There was not time to organise Satellites for today, & it is yet to be decided whether Satellites will run for it.

It will be promoted tonight via the ticker, to help it gain attention.

What they have not done - time-constraints maybe, I'm not sure - is reinstate the "old" payment schedule. It will have a "regular" Payout structure, i.e, if only 10 – 29 run then it will only pay top 3, 30-49 = Top 5 etc etc

If this does not meet widespread approval, well, maybe we can ask them to change it at a later stage, in future weeks perhaps, but I think it wise to run with it "as is" for now, as we've had a bit of a result, really.

There will NOT be a Guaranteed Prize Pool, & my request to them specifically suggested this. My view is that if we don't request a Guarantee, & we go about asking in a civil manner, they can hardly refuse to run the Tourney. Anyway, I think Tourneys should stand on their own feet, & players get what they deserve, rather than artificially subsiding Tourneys.

Sadly, I cannot plat this tonight, but good luck to all who do.

And feel free to promote it around the Forum, tell your mates, Facebook it etc. If I were round, I'd happily do all that, but my hands are full right now, & I am out tonight.

• edited May 2010

By the way, big up to Sky Adam, who responded so quickly to this.

It shows that if we go about things in the right ay - i.e, in a civil, ordered & sensible manner, as we all did on this thread - then generally we can get what we want.

We have seen other threads where players want something (on other subjects) which are full of rudeness, bile, vitriol & sarcasm - then they wonder why they don't get what they want. It's just basic O Level psychology! 

It's all about how you ask, more than what you ask, so well done Phil & Co. 
  • edited May 2010
    Hi Guys, I have just received a note from Sky-Adam to say he has built this Tourney, & it WILL run tonight. A few details. It will be called the "Monday Night Deepstack", & it will be highlighted in the Lobby. It will start at 7.15pm. There was not time to organise Satellites for today, & it is yet to be decided whether Satellites will run for it. It will be promoted tonight via the ticker, to help it gain attention. What they have not done - time-constraints maybe, I'm not sure - is reinstate the "old" payment schedule. It will have a "regular" Payout structure, i.e, if only 10 – 29 run then it will only pay top 3, 30-49 = Top 5 etc etc If this does not meet widespread approval, well, maybe we can ask them to change it at a later stage, in future weeks perhaps, but I think it wise to run with it "as is" for now, as we've had a bit of a result, really. There will NOT be a Guaranteed Prize Pool, & my request to them specifically suggested this. My view is that if we don't request a Guarantee, & we go about asking in a civil manner, they can hardly refuse to run the Tourney. Anyway, I think Tourneys should stand on their own feet, & players get what they deserve, rather than artificially subsiding Tourneys. Sadly, I cannot plat this tonight, but good luck to all who do. And feel free to promote it around the Forum, tell your mates, Facebook it etc. If I were round, I'd happily do all that, but my hands are full right now, & I am out tonight.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'm on PTP duties this evening - and WILL be playing this tournament :-)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: The Return of the £22 deepstack : I'm on PTP duties this evening - and WILL be playing this tournament :-)
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    There you go - the value is in already. Can't say better than that, the PTP-er supporting it.

Thanks James.
  • edited May 2010
    Fantastic news!!!!! Thx Tikay, Adam and James for playing tonight. Special thanks to Adam for placing it at the top of the tourney thread to gain more attention hopefully.  This yet again shows why this site is the best.