You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

patients is a virtue or is it?

edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic

Just accept it wasnt gonna be your tourny, take it on the chin, and enter the next one :)

As for playing junk - get your money in first, make the raise, if u make him fold he can't win, no matter how bad your cards are :)

Comments

• edited May 2010
    two days ago was in a b/h tourny where my patients where being pushed to limit ( just as well i`m married ) not with the players but with the cards i was being dealt with, i was for an hour gettin the likes of 2-8 9-4 3-10 all offsuit, so my blinds were gettin eaten away at, i know i could not fold every time so if i did get a decent hand did not want everyone foldin so mixed it a little but not too much to do that much damage to my stack this is not a moan about the bad cards i was gettin i know it happens, i would just like to know how other players would play if they had bad cards for an hour plus, eventually got half decent hand low stack so pushed all in with k j suited and lost to k q offsuit who bet me with k high, had to laugh, thanks for all imput i may recieve.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to patients is a virtue or is it?:
    two days ago was in a b/h tourny where my patients where being pushed to limit
    I didn't realise you were a doctor!

It's a virtue to be patient in the first hour of a bounty hunter because you see many players making loose plays hoping to take a bounty. Playing a tight game and treating it like a regular MTT is the best policy IMO. There's no point getting all-in early on unless your hand is the nuts, there are just too many fishy callers. It sounds you were just unlucky this time to be card dead for such a long time, that won't happen very often.

I only play low stakes BH's, £2/£5, maybe things are different at the higher buy-ins.
  • edited May 2010
    when card dead you should still be picking up pots from weaker players.  if blinds 100/200 and your small blind with a 3000 stack and you see 2 limpers then sove the lot in, you pick up a 700 pot and your only getting called if the first limper has limped with a monster (aa,kk). you must be aware of limpers stack size, if they r very short they have to call if they r sat deep then might call again so its best to only do it if villan has <5000 chips.
    also if you have agro player who will raise every button to pick up the blinds reshove on him, being able to pick up all the unwanted pots preflop should keep your stack size healthy and also gives you a good table image for when you do start getting some good starting hands.
    will any of this work in a BH? not sure as you will get called light, it will work in a normal MTT.